Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Too Proud

Your Killing me Smalls

The Jags don't need to be the only team with a new coach this up and coming off season. 

Kyle Shanahan HC 
No.1 offense in the NFL right now. Schemes routes that gets Julio Jones wide open. Atlanta doesn't have a great defense (sounds familiar) yet with their offense they are in every game. We are in a easy division with a great staff and patience we can easily bounce back with him at the reigns.

Keepers
Jack Doyle 
Erik Walden 
Jack Mewhort  (extension)
Donte Moncrief  (extension)
Robert Mathis  (please retire/vet minimum)

Off season targets

AJ Klein ILB
Give him a shot to step out of the shadows of Luke Kuechly. In small samples he did well while Kuechly was injured and he is young with playoff and super bowl experience.

Zach Brown ILB
Good LB in zone coverage who can attack the line of scrimmage and get into the backfield from time to time.

K'waun Williams CB 
Replacement for Darius Butler. He is young and has experience both in the slot and as safety

Juinor Gallette OLB 
A risky move but when healthy he is a great pass rusher. 2 years back to back injuries should drive his price down.

Ronald Leary OG 
This move sure up the inside of the offensive line.

Jarvis Jones OLB 
Former first round pick who may just need a change of scenery. With our 3 aging OLB hitting free agency we need to get younger. The Steelers do a great job of coaching maybe it will pay off for us.

Draft

1. Malik McDowell DE Michigan State 
6'6 athletic freak who is quick enough to get into back field and create pressure. His strength and leverage gives him a great bull rush. He can come in and gives us a reason to cut Fat Boy Jones.

2. Carl Lawson OLB Auburn
Always been talented and often the best player on the field even when Dee Ford was at Auburn. The issue is injuries has interrupted most of his college career. He has excellent speed and good technique which has help him produce pressure and sacks against NFL talent during his time in the SEC.

3. Gareon Conley CB Ohio State 
He has good fit to mirror WRs. His hands are decent but he does a good job of turning his head and looking for the ball.

4. Ejuan Price OLB Pittsburgh 
His speed, strenght and non stop motor has people comparing him to Evlis Dumervile and so does his height. If he was a foot taller he would be taken in earlier rounds.

4. Jalen Hurd RB Tennessee 
Our swiss army knife doesn't have to be small. At 6'4 we can use him like Brandon Jacobs when running the ball. Split him out wide, line him up at FB and as TE. He has soft hands and he runs hard. Allen hasn't proven to be able to play a full season both him and Doyle can work together to make up for his absences during the season.

5. Jamaal Williams RB BYU 
Great vision soft hands and patience for the hole to open up.

6. Brandon Facyson CB Virginia Tech 
A tall aggressive CB from Virginia Tech. The right coaching he could be starting in a year or two.

Gimme Alvin Kamara instead of Jalen Hurd! 

But I do agree with the guys you've listed as us retaining and I like some of the outside of the box thinking in regards to a few of the free agency targets. Junior I'll pass on though. 

With Junior I think he's just been a bad character guy for a long time, as well as injury prone as you mention. I think it's okay to have a player or two on your roster who maybe has character questions, but if it's a long standing pattern then it becomes pretty concerning I think... But who knows, maybe I'm wrong and he'd get double digit sacks for us, stay healthy and out of trouble.