Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denzelle Good Experiment

dw49

I have lost track, but how many OL combinations have we played this year?  And so many of them have been awful. Thought OL looked OK last week, just OK mind you. But we really need to find a consistent group and see if we can get some kind of consistency. Luck needs it, so does Gore. I just don't know that Good is a part of that set up, we seem to be a little better without him

Nah I say keep rolling with him. Offensive line men take a while to groom. Especially young 7th rounders out of Mars Hill. This season is like 90 % lost at this point, so it's not like it's gonna cost any wins. The only problem is Luck's health, but if there were someone who could protect him better on the roster right now, that guy would be playing.

And for the record, I don't think Good has been that great this year. But that doesn't mean we toss him.

10 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Got to give O-linemen time..we want to see results but the O-line doesnt work that way.

Stay with him

Way too many sacks , pressures and penalties coming from Good. When Mewhort returns , it should be Rietz at  RG and Heag at RT IMO. Maybe Good has potential but can we risk getting our 23 mill per year QB hurt ?

Good is not.... good. I don't think we should keep him in the line up once Mewhort returns. I definitely like Haeg in the right guard spot. Need to find a RT stat! I'm tired of project players protecting Andrew Luck and I'm sure he is too. Good should strictly be a back up player.

54 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Good is not.... good. I don't think we should keep him in the line up once Mewhort returns. I definitely like Haeg in the right guard spot. Need to find a RT stat! I'm tired of project players protecting Andrew Luck and I'm sure he is too. Good should strictly be a back up player.

That is precisely what I said in the offseason. Good could be a fine backup but starting long term RG wasn't an option. And I got hammered for saying it.

That is precisely what I said in the offseason. Good could be a fine backup but starting long term RG wasn't an option. And I got hammered for saying it.

Yeah, it wouldn't bother me if he was released from the team at seasons end. He's apparently a really strong guy in the gym and that's why Grigson and the boys like him. But it doesn't matter when your getting over powered by the 300 pound rookie Chief defensive lineman all day. He should not be a starter.

2 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

Yeah .. I agree. If he develops into a starter .. great but he's a liability now. The Cherlius signing is still haunting us.

2 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

Yeah, it wouldn't bother me if he was released from the team at seasons end. He's apparently a really strong guy in the gym and that's why Grigson and the boys like him. But it doesn't matter when your getting over powered by the 300 pound rookie Chief defensive lineman all day. He should not be a starter.

Well that didn't happen.  Sooooo 

What's with all the singling out of Good for his poor play?  Yet everyone posts how Haeg should be starting...  Barely any posts about our overpaid left tackle.... I'd like to see the stats but I'd be willing to bet that Haeg has given up more sacks than Good.... I personally like them both. They're young and I believe they'll get better. But we have garbage coaches who can't coach up and get the best out of anybody...  Terrible gameplans. No or too late adjustments. 

7 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

What's with all the singling out of Good for his poor play?  Yet everyone posts how Haeg should be starting...  Barely any posts about our overpaid left tackle.... I'd like to see the stats but I'd be willing to bet that Haeg has given up more sacks than Good.... I personally like them both. They're young and I believe they'll get better. But we have garbage coaches who can't coach up and get the best out of anybody...  Terrible gameplans. No or too late adjustments. 

Haeg is a 5th round rookie that has been asked to play 3 different positions in the first 8 games. He's been pushed into action because of injuries to Thornton , Mewhort and Rietz. Plus the fact that Grigson drafted a project in round 3 plus has blown all of our available (most ?) cap money on free agent duds. Good on the other hand was counted on to start at RT or RG. That's why I said the "Good Experiment." IMO .. a much different situation than Haeg's.  Plus I'm not sure he's given up more sacks than Good. I would be willing to bet Good has had more damaging penalties ?

You got Haeg in the 5th, and got good in the 7th it takes time but I think its a good experiment. AC is a different story the chiefs just had their way with him yesterday.

Does anyone know who took over at LG when they moved Haeg to RT was that Blythe, Did not see any flags on the LG 

2 hours ago, Archangel said:

You got Haeg in the 5th, and got good in the 7th it takes time but I think its a good experiment. AC is a different story the chiefs just had their way with him yesterday.

Does anyone know who took over at LG when they moved Haeg to RT was that Blythe, Did not see any flags on the LG 

it was harrison.  

for future reference.  the players have numbers and their names on their jerseys if you want to check out who is playing on the field.  

10 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

why are people singling out Good and not Haeg?

there is an answer for that

1 minute ago, dudeski said:

it was harrison.  

for future reference.  the players have numbers and their names on their jerseys if you want to check out who is playing on the field.  

by the way i was asking who replaced haeg at LT did need need a smart remark

Just now, Archangel said:

by the way i was asking who replaced haeg at LT did need need a smart remark

haeg played LG.  not LT

when haeg moved to rt, harrison came in at lg

and i was just trying to help.  seems like a lot of people don't know who is actually playing when the colts are on the field.  

2 minutes ago, dudeski said:

haeg played LG.  not LT

when haeg moved to rt, harrison came in at lg

and i was just trying to help.  seems like a lot of people don't know who is actually playing when the colts are on the field.  

Wrong again I asked a simple question on who replaced haeg at LG my bad on LT, I know reitz got hurt and was not aware he got replaced until late in the game when I saw haeg at RT and then was trying to get a number on the player replacing haeg. So before you jump down peoples throat maybe they have a reason for asking. 

23 minutes ago, cbear said:

Yeah but 8 games is hardly enough time for Goode to be put into that category. 

But no one has time to wait for him to get it together either. He's a second year player and for me it really only takes 2 years to figure a guy out.

17 hours ago, MCurtis32 said:

Maybe the Colts braintrust will stop drafting centers all the time. Draft a real left tackle. Costanzo sucks. Colts have a servicable center. the rest need to go! If I was Luck, I would ask for a trade.

Really?  You want to get rid of Mewhort?