Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Catloaf said:

We got bailed out big time by KC trying to sabotage themselves almost as much as we are trying to sabotage ourselves.

Against any elite team that doesn't make mistakes, we are going to get completely wrecked (i.e. Patriots).

Only way we play them this year is in the AFCG

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Yes, LOL !! I always remember it as "Ninety percent of the game is half mental." though. As my wife says - 'same thing, only different'.   Josh McDaniels is a great OC (really not sure about HC or as a person of integrity), but I'd much rather have Reich as HC (or even OC) over him. Colts were lucky to land him when JD backed out. I love the back story to the Frank Reich hire as well.   ********** "When seven NFL jobs came open by the end of Black Monday, the day after the 2017 regular season ended, Frank Reich called his agent with specific instructions. Leave me alone. “Going dark,” is the way Reich described it." Unlike McDaniels, unlike Matt Patricia of the Patriots, unlike Pat Shurmur of the Vikings – unlike even another Eagles assistant, quarterback coach John DeFilippo – Reich told his agent- “I'm focused on the task at hand,” he said. “That’s to help our team win playoff games and the Super Bowl. That meant no phone calls, no texts. Whether there was any activity or not (from interested teams calling), I was dark.” ***********   When McDaniels backed out of the job here in Indianapolis and Reich had won just his Super Bowl Ring, this is what Reich wanted his agent to do: "Nothing. Don’t call the Colts. Don’t text them. Don’t even butt-dial them (LOL)." But he really hoped the Colts would call him.   Meanwhile, Bill Polian, who has very close ties to both Irsay and Reich, heard of the JD news. He called up Jim Irsay. He said the answer to his dilemma is right there in front of him over in Philadelphia. Irsay then asked Polian to call Chris Ballard. Despite not even being on Ballard’s original top list of coaching candidates, Reich blew him away in a 10 hour interview. Once the other scheduled interviews with Dan Campbell and Leslie Frazier had wrapped up, the Colts knew. Frank Reich was their guy.   “I thought after I got done interviewing him, ‘My lord, what was I thinking?’” {not considering him in the first place} Ballard later admitted. Even Irsay acknowledged the Colts initially whiffed on not looking into Reich. “The more I think, ‘Jim, How come you are so stupid? How could you not have seen the clarity in this sooner.”   So even as the ex Colts GM, Bill Polian was still instrumental in the Colts/Reich head coach hiring. And I'm pleased with it.        
    • I see what you are saying.  If the Packers could get the 15th pick in the draft the packers would be crazy not to do it.    The Pats would be crazy to give up the 15th pick in the draft for Love.   
    • Honestly this might be my last draft because it fell pretty perfect, unless sometime of pre-draft trade happens. I also only went to 165 because I really don't know players after that.   Big priority for me was to trade down and I wanted to gain capital for next year for two reasons: 1. This draft has the least information in awhile about players 2. We are gonna lose a 1st or 2nd rounder next year and I wanted to supplement it by adding another 2nd round pick. I have seen many different ways to value future picks when doing the value, going off the CBS method of valuing them at the 32 pick of that round Bengals get 222 points (They drafted Kwity Paye after getting Sewell earlier) and Colts get 215 points.   So now to the picks: 38(From Bengals): Samuel Cosmi T: Happy with the pick was hoping he or Teven Jenkins would fall to me and I got one of them making the trade worth it to me. 54: Carlos Basham Jr.: Wasn't expecting him to fall to me, honestly I was more hoping for Payton Turner, but when I saw him sitting there it was a easy pick for me, fills the need at RE and the role of Autry of a DE that can play outside on early downs then jump inside for 3rd/passing downs. 127: Amari Rodgers: Honestly this was a tough pick, it was against him or Shaka Toney and I could of gone with either but I thought it might of been to early for Toney so decided to risk it and see if he fell to the next round. 165: James Wiggins: I wanted to add depth to the Safety position and Wiggins is a versatile player that fits in a split zone system, he has some injury history but Ballard has shown he is willing to take a risk on a Safety with past injury history (Blackmon, Hooker)   Also add in an extra 2nd in 2022   Overall I'm happy with it
    • Sam Cosmi reminds me of the conversation people were having about Kolton Miller a few years ago. Super toolsy but also raw. He may not be a top 20 lock like some have suggested. He can very well be a 1st round pick, but like Miller it will take a team falling in love with the upside.
    • That's the thing... why would an insane athlete with tons of starts in top program in college even be there at 21 for us to take if he was such a no brainer pick and had no warts?! At that spot you are juggling and weighing different sets of positives and negatives for each prospect and in some cases the negatives are almost as strong as the positives. I like Cosmi and I would be happy if we picked him to be our LT of the future, but we should be doing it with the expectation and knowledge that he has a ton of work to do to get to a point where he will be even solid starter, let alone a great one. For example... I am not a huge fan of Sam Tevi or Davenport... but I would not be shocked if one of them beat him for the starting spot year 1(if he was our pick)
  • Members

• Swan Ronson

Swan Ronson 46

• Onthefence

Onthefence 0

Rookie
    • Barry Sears

Barry Sears 1,324

• Colts1324

Colts1324 446

• Caleb3502

Caleb3502 309