Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

None of what you just said has to do with me saying that Manning was better at all things pre-snap than Luck. He's the best ever at it 

I agree with you. I'm just saying Luck can only do what he is allowed to do much of the time. If he is given an empty backfield on 2nd and long then he doesn't have the flexibility to get into a better play like PM did. 

1 minute ago, JMichael557 said:

Peyton was not the "greatest" at the same time in his career as Luck which is why we didn't in any playoff games and MANY fans constantly called for his head.

NO ONE was "constantly calling for Mannig's head" .. that's ridiculous.  

You have a bad memory regarding Manning. I had season tickets and with every playoff lose everyone around me would be constantly screaming that Manning could not win the big one, could not play under pressure, had no arm strength. The same was talked about by the uninformed on the forums. Basically the same crap that Luck has put up with as opposed to fans appreciating what they have.

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

We still have time. 

true but the staff is probably wondering draft position and getting their board together the way they handle  this team & have forgot have to coach game day

9 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

Peyton was not the "greatest" at the same time in his career as Luck which is why we didn't in any playoff games and MANY fans constantly called for his head.

by now we kept winning the division with P & he had no D

but I blame the staff , drafting 1st round busts and coaching

1  way to build the monster is accumulate earlier 1st round picks but need to use wisely - i have no idea whatt staff & irsay are going

Seasons over. 3-5, GB,Pats, Pittsburgh up. Vikings. Houston winning despite Osweiler. That's a wrap. Two straight years of no playoffs. Been awhile, but it couldn't last forever. The GM hasn't done a very good job at building any kind of depth, the 3 straight poor drafts after Luck have come home to roost. Kind of reminds me off the mid-90s when Tobin was GM. They went from a playoff team to the worst team in football fast because of poor drafting. It resulted in PM behind available but that's not going to happen twice. They had Luck under a rookie contract for years and somehow managed to get worse fast. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I've always wanted to see more behind the scenes of the schedule making process. Peter King used to do a column every year on it. I'll try to find that ESPN piece.   As for negated byes... It's fine you think it's small. I didn't say it's shifting the competitive balance of the league. But it's still a thing. In ten years, eight teams have not had a single negated bye. The Colts have had five.    I don't know if there's a large enough sample size to establish whether there's a real disadvantage related to a negated bye. But it's not hard to see that it's not ideal.
    • Short week road games is a thing.   A big thing.    But my opponent also had their bye week the same week we did so they’re just as rested as we are is also a thing?   Sorry, as things go, I think this is one of the smallest things I’ve ever heard of.     I’ll give you one.  Gladly.   But the other?   Less than meh.   Closer to yawn.    Sorry.    Anyone see the one hour long ESPN documentary last night on the making of the full NFL schedule?   I only saw 45 minutes and it was great.  The amount of obstacles, and the factors that have to be accounted for are incredible.   More than a billion.  Yes, billion with a B.   It used to be done by people. Now done by computer.   And it gets fine tuned over and over and over again. 
    • My friend, we had very similar childhoods.  I think I also learned to read by comic books.  My dad never read them though, that must have been awesome having that library available.   I still have boxes of them in my attic.  THey're not worth anything (sort of like my albums) but I just can't part with them.
    • Y'know, somehow I missed that.  I grew up reading comic books in the 60's and I always liked Marvel more than DC mags.  My father had hundreds not them - Spidey, Daredevil, Silver Surfer, Sgt. Fury,  and a bunch more.. I learned to read by comic books, not by English class novels, haha. 
    • I took a deeper look at how we've done over the past 10 seasons. There have been 5 negated BYEs with a sixth coming this season. Seems to be a mixed bag. Overall we went 7-3 in the week after our BYE. Two of those 3 losses were after a negated BYE.   Year  Week   Situation                                               Outcome 2011  12       Panthers played on Sun in week 11     L27-19 2012    5       Packers played on Sun in week 4         W30-27 2013    9       Houston also had bye in week 8       W27-24 2014  11       NE also had a bye in week 10            L42-20 2015  11       Falcons also had a bye in week 10    W24-21 2016  11       Titans played on Sun in week 10          W24-17 2017  12       Titans played Thursday in week 11   L20-16 2018  10       Jaguars also had a bye in week 9      W29-26 2019    7       Texans played on Sun in week 6           W30-23 2020    8       Lions played on Sun in week 7             W41-21 2021  15       NE also has a bye in week 14             TBD  
  • Members

• pgt_rob

pgt_rob 765

• The Fish

The Fish 1,198

• Bleeds Blue

Bleeds Blue 3

• 07dleigh

07dleigh 80

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 9,798

• MPStack