Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

None of what you just said has to do with me saying that Manning was better at all things pre-snap than Luck. He's the best ever at it 

I agree with you. I'm just saying Luck can only do what he is allowed to do much of the time. If he is given an empty backfield on 2nd and long then he doesn't have the flexibility to get into a better play like PM did. 

1 minute ago, JMichael557 said:

Peyton was not the "greatest" at the same time in his career as Luck which is why we didn't in any playoff games and MANY fans constantly called for his head.

NO ONE was "constantly calling for Mannig's head" .. that's ridiculous.  

You have a bad memory regarding Manning. I had season tickets and with every playoff lose everyone around me would be constantly screaming that Manning could not win the big one, could not play under pressure, had no arm strength. The same was talked about by the uninformed on the forums. Basically the same crap that Luck has put up with as opposed to fans appreciating what they have.

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

We still have time. 

true but the staff is probably wondering draft position and getting their board together the way they handle  this team & have forgot have to coach game day

9 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

Peyton was not the "greatest" at the same time in his career as Luck which is why we didn't in any playoff games and MANY fans constantly called for his head.

by now we kept winning the division with P & he had no D

but I blame the staff , drafting 1st round busts and coaching

1  way to build the monster is accumulate earlier 1st round picks but need to use wisely - i have no idea whatt staff & irsay are going

Seasons over. 3-5, GB,Pats, Pittsburgh up. Vikings. Houston winning despite Osweiler. That's a wrap. Two straight years of no playoffs. Been awhile, but it couldn't last forever. The GM hasn't done a very good job at building any kind of depth, the 3 straight poor drafts after Luck have come home to roost. Kind of reminds me off the mid-90s when Tobin was GM. They went from a playoff team to the worst team in football fast because of poor drafting. It resulted in PM behind available but that's not going to happen twice. They had Luck under a rookie contract for years and somehow managed to get worse fast. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• One of my biggest concerns about Fisher returning to form is that one of his biggest assets as a LT is his athleticism. If he's beat at any point, he's usually able to use his athleticism to recover, but with an injury like this, will he still have that same athletic ability? If not, does that mean we'll see him get beat by a lot guys that historically he would have been able to handle?   I know we keep talking about whether he'll be 80%, 90% or even 100% when he steps into the line-up, but I think the piece we fail to think about is what areas of his game could potentially be hindered and whether that could have much more of a cascading affect. If historically he didn't get beat on 70% of his reps, got beat but was able to recover and win the rep on 20% of his reps, and was just beat on 10% of his reps, does that mean that he's no longer able to win that 20% he was able to previously recover from?   I know it's all hypothetical talk, but just something I felt was worth bearing in mind.
    • Not to be pessimistic...but if worst comes to worst...then I think Reich would be the sacrificial lamb.    Ballard doesn't make autocratic decisions...he values and uses input from his staff and his coaches (especially his HC). If the GM trusts a few recommendations from the HC and they backfire...trust is lost. And at that point, I think Ballard/Irsay would look to bring in a new voice.   However, I don't think that is going to happen. But the Wentz call might loom large enough on its own.
    • I don't get all the negative remarks about Tebow. He has talent, not elite, but he did take the Broncos to the playoffs. He also does a lot of charity work. Maybe it's the fact that he's religious? If that's the case, it's on the critic, not on Tebow. 
    • Some combo of scheme and overall talent?   DeFo and Leonard are great players. DeFo is a monster and makes the defense better, but he's not Aaron Donald. And Leonard is a playmaker and tackle machine, but also regressed in pass coverage last season.    But SEA (Adams and Wagner) and KC (Jones and Mathieu) also had (2) All-Pros on their defenses...and they finished #16 and #22 respectively (DVOA). Two players can't do it alone together (or something like that).   I think another part is the pass rush. The DL (DeFo included) got their production in bunches in a handful of games against bad OLs. So the overall pass rush numbers were better than what the Colts were actually fielding from week to week.   Also, and it seems like no one talks about this, but the defense overall basically fell off a cliff in the 2nd half of the season. The difference in numbers are pretty eye-opening.
    • IMO, Leno's tape showed that he got overpowered a lot.  He's small for a LT.  His ratings improved when daBears moved Cody Whitehair to LG.  Perhaps Whitehair had to help out too much, causing daBears to want to release Leno in favor of a more stout Tevin Jenkins (whom everybody thought would be RT on daBears).  Maybe Frank saw that and wanted Nelson free-er to do other things.   No great loss in not signing Leno, IMO.   I'd like to see Davenport develop as a capable true LT.  He languished as a RT in HOU.
  • Members

• 1959Colts

1959Colts 1,202

• MB-ColtsFan

MB-ColtsFan 1,283

• Mr. Irrelevant

Mr. Irrelevant 274

• buccolts

buccolts 2,570

• Smonroe

Smonroe 2,388

• DougDew