• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

the 340-pound Chief guy in his face might be an issue there

He hasn't had a 300 lb guy in his face on all of the other passes today where he has thrown behind the receiver.  Stop with the excuses. Hopefully the last TD pass gets him going. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• And by that measure, he's going to want to draft a replacement for Rhodes, Doyle, and possibly Glowinski (Pinter?).
    • Ballard made the responsible decisions in FA period by filling holes that had blanks so if the draft totally fell apart, he could still field a team.  It wasn't really about getting better through free agency.  The OT signings are strictly backup material or being able to start someone come week 1.     I don't think the quality of the free agents signed has any bearing on how much he's going to want to draft a LT.  And its a lot, IMO.   I also think he's going to want a plug n play DE.  No projects or ceiling guys but a day one starter who has experience in their college career.  Basham or Payton Turner fit that mold  They are the most like Autry, who left.  Choosing not to match Autry's contract tells me he's probably figuring on getting the replacement in the draft.  (maybe Lewis?...I doubt it) The other edge college candidates all seem to be replicates of Turay/Banogu, athletic and high ceiling but raw and with questions.
    • i think part of what we will be paying Leonard and Nelson for is their leadership on the team.   Both have great character and are respected by the players on this team.  They both make other players play harder and better.   That just cannot be replaced easily.  
    • Ballard drafts 2-3 years down the line. So they were definitely needs...we just don’t see those future needs and/or aren’t privy to their true roster construction goals.    But Smith was definitely not meant to be depth...he was drafted to be the starting RG.   Hines was drafted to add a pass-catching RB to the RBC they were building.   Okereke was drafted to take Walker’s spot because he didn’t fit the defense.   Taylor was drafted to make the offense more explosive. They talked about it all  that offseason...so taking a RB early shouldn’t have been the shock that it was...especially with Mack entering his final rookie deal season and missing 2-4 games per year. I don’t think Mack is supposed to still be here...he was supposed to have a good season and net a decent comp pick.   Similarly to Taylor and Oke, Blackmon was drafted to replace Hooker, who didn’t fit the defense and was supposed to net a comp pick in FA.   I think you might even see Ballard draft a S again this year, though it likely won’t in the first two rounds. But it could happen.   Really there are a few positions he could draft early. But I am certain they will take an OT at some point early.
  • Members

• cjrichard

cjrichard 62

• Tsarquise

Tsarquise 454

• Flash7

Flash7 1,132

• RollerColt

RollerColt 2,681

• jal8908

jal8908 0

Rookie