Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would The Colts Consider Going After A Different Peyton In Free Agency (Hillis)?

KeyserSoza

Doesn't matter who your RB is if your offensive line sucks...unless that RB is Barry Sanders of course. But we have some serious problems with our interior lineman and Jeff retiring isn't making anything better. We should use our money to get a Pro Bow OG like Ben Grubbs or Carl Nicks. Besides, there are plenty of serviceable RBs in the draft. Lamar Miller might be there with the 34th pick, guys like Doug Martin or David Wilson will be there in the round, there's Chris Polk and Isaiah Pead... a big NO to signing Peyton Hillis.

Doesn't matter who your RB is if your offensive line sucks...unless that RB is Barry Sanders of course. But we have some serious problems with our interior lineman and Jeff retiring isn't making anything better. We should use our money to get a Pro Bow OG like Ben Grubbs or Carl Nicks. Besides, there are plenty of serviceable RBs in the draft. Lamar Miller might be there with the 34th pick, guys like Doug Martin or David Wilson will be there in the round, there's Chris Polk and Isaiah Pead... a big NO to signing Peyton Hillis.

For the most part I agree, but it was just a thought anyway. I just like the idea of having a bruising RB. Can you remember the last time the Colts had an RB that could move the pile?

We don't need a RB. We have to potential first stringers on the team (Addai and Brown) and a play-maker in Carter (assuming he can hold onto the ball)

I disagree. While it's not our biggest need, its definitly a position that needs addressed. IMO our RBs are average at best.

I disagree. While it's not our biggest need, its definitly a position that needs addressed. IMO our RBs are average at best.

They'd probably look better with a half-way decent O-line. Ijillana was a huge lose for part of the season as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I like Hillis myself. I do think the O line needs fixing first. The defense is terrible as well which IMO they are focusing on now. I agree on the fact we should get a new RB sometime soon. If not this year then next. Addai is alright, I don't think he is great. I guess if I was in charge Brown and Carter would have to prove themselves to me this year. Addai is getting older and I don't think we will have him a whole lot longer. I would love a bruiser type RB tough, if we had someone like an Adrian Peterson ha! That will never happen but would be awesome.

I'm very iffy on Hillis. I like what we have right now honestly(Hold on to the ball carter!!!!!!). Brown showed plenty of promise this year. Our line will get better. Castonzo was playing very good overall throughout the year(The ravens game was a setback, but I think that was just nerves of trying to single handedly keep Reed off our QB). Ijalana's brief stint at the line was honestly good, he didn't miss a beat from what I saw, which granted wasn't much. As long as our rookies on both lines aren't stunted by there injuries both of our lines will be far from as bad as they were in 2010.

We do need a RB that isn't injured all the time but just don't know if that's Hillis or not. Addai has been injured too much the past two seasons and Brown seems a little injury prone to but did much better this season than last and better than Addai or Carter. If Hillis stays healthy and isn't a trouble maker then bring him to Indy!

I like Hillis, and I really hated that he had such an awful season, but I don't see him coming to Indy. We really don't rely on the run enough to go out and bring someone like him in in my opinion. Besides, we have some pretty good running backs already, and we are primarily a passing team. I don't think there is much of a chance of him becoming a Colt, but wherever he ends up I hope he can pull it back together and be productive again.