Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jaguars Ramsey - 9 of 10 times I would fight back

SilentHill

3 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

Everyone knew this guy was tenacious coming out of college. He talks a lot of noise, yes, but that's what people like about Sherman. I don't have a problem with him. 

Ehh Sherman doesn't get in fights on the field though.  He hasn't been ejected to my knowledge.  

4 hours ago, SilentHill said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000727743/article/jalen-ramsey-nine-of-10-times-id-fight-back-again

Sounds like a plan, take your worst player and have them go start a fight with Ramsey, new NFL blue print, lol.

That certainly sounds like something coaches might try.  Basically get a guy out there to be their goon and pick a fight with Ramsey to get him out of the game.

The only problem is that players get fined individually for that sort of thing and any attempts by the team or coaches to compensate them for those fines would be an obvious rule violation and would likely end in lost draft picks.

So your goon would essentially be on minimum salary and would have to be wiling to individually take a fine to do this.

Also if it came out that a coach encouraged a player to do this then that would also bring down an NFL investigation. 

That having been said if the Jags where a legit team I wouldn't put that sort of thing past Belichek.  But they arn't a legit team and if the Pats played the Jags he'd have no need for that sort of thing.