Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smoke317

Luck's best game?

I'm sure Luck has had games with more TD's and yards but I think the Luck we just saw vs Tennessee was the best version I've seen of him in the pros. Thank God we finally went to a quick rhythm passing attack. Luck was getting the ball out ON TIME EVERY TIME.  He was reading the defense quickly and immediately going to his checkdown if need be. This version of Luck can take us to the promised land. Man was he awesome. I posted in another thread that I was going down to the game. I'd like to take some credit for cheering the team on to victory (lol) but I've got to give #12 his due. He was dissecting a top 10 rated defense in their house. Near flawless. Take away the drops from TY, Doyle (TD), Swoope, Street, and Rogers and this was his masterpiece. I don't think it was a coincidence that he had a real tight end out there today(Doyle). Not one too stiff to creat separation and make tough catches (Allen) or one too soft and unwilling to take big hits and hold on and even give em back in return (Fleener).  Also not a coincidence that they went to Turbin and only let Ferguson get 1 snap which was a failure. He's not ready. Play the guys that are.  In closing, this version of offense with Luck, TY, Doyle, Moncrief, & Dorsett is gonna be a problem for any remaining teams on our schedule. Add in Gore, Turbin, Swoope, Rogers.  This was the offense we saw an old Hassleback run and win a lot of games with last year.  No reason why Luck can't put up Star Wars numbers. Still gotta clean up some things in our coaching but I'm a believer again that we can do some good work this year. And our Oline BALLED out.  Sorry for all the enthusiasm but this is the game I've been wanting to see from us all year offensively. 

Yeah, Luck really put on a clinic today. Absolutely loved seeing the timing routes and TY did a fantastic job finding the soft spots in the zone, saw him hit the same spot in the zone at least 3 times for 10 yards on TV.

Passing game deserves big kudos today.

19 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

The Cincinatti playoff game was his best IMO. This game is up there though.

Yeah. He had some big games in 2014. Jax, Ten, Was all come to mind and the Cincy playoff game.  Probably just been a while since those days. Hard to remember them after last year. Lol. But this one is certainly up there when you factor in the drops, especially the Doyle TD. That would have boosted his rating to the 140's instead of 121 where it was. But what caught my attention was on the very first series, Luck started reading to the right and immediately came off and threw a timing route to Rogers I believe all the way back to the left.... My jaw hit the floor. I said who is this guy just gripping it and ripping it?  No hesitation. No holding the ball looking for the big play. Ran it when he needed to. Checked it down when he needed to. Was just impressed. Took the checkdown and punted when he needed to. Throwing with anticipation (the play where Street took the big hit, Doyle's TD drop.  Ball was on em as they made their break).  He wasn't waiting for guys to get open he was throwing them open.  Many back shoulder throws. Just masterful...

44 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I'm sure Luck has had games with more TD's and yards but I think the Luck we just saw vs Tennessee was the best version I've seen of him in the pros. Thank God we finally went to a quick rhythm passing attack. Luck was getting the ball out ON TIME EVERY TIME.  He was reading the defense quickly and immediately going to his checkdown if need be. This version of Luck can take us to the promised land. Man was he awesome. I posted in another thread that I was going down to the game. I'd like to take some credit for cheering the team on to victory (lol) but I've got to give #12 his due. He was dissecting a top 10 rated defense in their house. Near flawless. Take away the drops from TY, Doyle (TD), Swoope, Street, and Rogers and this was his masterpiece. I don't think it was a coincidence that he had a real tight end out there today(Doyle). Not one too stiff to creat separation and make tough catches (Allen) or one too soft and unwilling to take big hits and hold on and even give em back in return (Fleener).  Also not a coincidence that they went to Turbin and only let Ferguson get 1 snap which was a failure. He's not ready. Play the guys that are.  In closing, this version of offense with Luck, TY, Doyle, Moncrief, & Dorsett is gonna be a problem for any remaining teams on our schedule. Add in Gore, Turbin, Swoope, Rogers.  This was the offense we saw an old Hassleback run and win a lot of games with last year.  No reason why Luck can't put up Star Wars numbers. Still gotta clean up some things in our coaching but I'm a believer again that we can do some good work this year. And our Oline BALLED out.  Sorry for all the enthusiasm but this is the game I've been wanting to see from us all year offensively. 

I agree with everything you said but I don't see Dorsett fitting into our plan. For whatever reason him and Luck just don't get on the same page. Id rather just keep rolling with Chester. 

Just like Allen has been replaced by Doyle. So to has Dorsett 

11 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

I agree with everything you said but I don't see Dorsett fitting into our plan. For whatever reason him and Luck just don't get on the same page. Id rather just keep rolling with Chester. 

I see potential in Chester, I'd rather see him on the roster.

27 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

That's a possibility but we haven't seen what Dorsett can do in a quick rhythm passing attack like we showed today. We always have him running deep posts or corner routes. I'd like to see what he can do with more in cuts and drag routes. Also some comebacks and back shoulder fades. But he's got to learn to run more timing routes for sure. That deep in that Rogers dropped (just like the 1 Garçon dropped in the super bowl) would be perfect for Dorsett. I think Dorsett's biggest problem is that he didn't get to learn from Reggie the way that TY & Crief did. And he's got to learn how to use his hands and be more physical. Watch Antonio Brown or Dez or Julio. They all push off and use their hands to get more separation. Dorsett needs to learn that. And quickly.