Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Leonard Fournette


Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Again a terrible response.  We could have easily changed the game with time management and ball control.

Because you dont like it. But okay.

Colts defense has been, and is terrible. The offense has playmakers, we've used high picks on offense, FA we've got offense. It's time for defense. It is beyond time to use high resources on defense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Even though they have Jordan Howard who was 2nd in the league in rushing as a rookie? I honestly think Jacksonville is the spot for Fournette, they couldn't run the ball at all this year. Well, except against us.

Another late round RB doing great.. but yeah let's use a 1st on fournette :thmup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 12to13 said:

Because you dont like it. But okay.

Colts defense has been, and is terrible. The offense has playmakers, we've used high picks on offense, FA we've got offense. It's time for defense. It is beyond time to use high resources on defense. 

Actually no it is because your argument has no merit.  You are talking about a game that would have been completely different if we would have a running game that was better.  Again, I agree we need D but I would not force it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DaColts85 said:

Actually no it is because your argument has no merit.  You are talking about a game that would have been completely different if we would have a running game that was better.  Again, I agree we need D but I would not force it.

Then your argument has no merit either? Lol. Anyways we won't have to force it, there is too many great CB, ILB, and edge prospects this year to force it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 12to13 said:

Then your argument has no merit either? Lol. Anyways we won't have to force it, there is too many great CB, ILB, and edge prospects this year to force it.

I am hoping for Foster.  I just see him as being a great piece to build around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 12to13 said:

Another late round RB doing great.. but yeah let's use a 1st on fournette :thmup:

you can find good defensive players in later rounds too though

 

you can list off running backs that went in late rounds and i can do the same for defense

Link to post
Share on other sites

In Grigsons mind I'm betting if he takes an offensive player in the 1st round it will probably be an offensive lineman.  Wouldn't be surprised to see that happen.  If you do that then it makes it easier to pick up a lower round back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, krunk said:

In Grigsons mind I'm betting if he takes an offensive player in the 1st round it will probably be an offensive lineman.  Wouldn't be surprised to see that happen.  If you do that then it makes it easier to pick up a lower round back.

 

Not a chance! I`d be shocked also if he took an RB in the 1st Rd. He went straight Oline last season and will concentrate on the defense in 2017. I think he will take a RB early, but not in the 1st Rd.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 12to13 said:

I'd say it's easier to find the RB. Just last year there was 2/3 late rounders playing really good.

There are plenty of serviceable RBs in the late rounds, you can't compare them to RBs that have special talents like Cook and Fournett. Even though it's becoming more and more pass happy league, teams still need premier back to run the elite style offense. You can see with Green Bay Packers. Aaron Rodgers is arguably No 1. QB in the league but without a decent run game, their offense struggles. I still think Luck is special and will be better with proper coaching, but I think he is not as good as he is advertised right now. He needs a talented RB that can share some of pressure off his shoulder.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, colts2dasuperbowl said:

There are plenty of serviceable RBs in the late rounds, you can't compare them to RBs that have special talents like Cook and Fournett. Even though it's becoming more and more pass happy league, teams still needs premier back to run the elite style offense. You can see with Green Bay Packers. Aaron Rodgers is arguably No 1. QB in the league but without a decent run game, their offense struggles. I still think Luck is special and will be better with proper coaching, but I think he is not as good as he is advertised right now. So I think he needs a talented RB that can share some of pressure off his shoulder.

You can see with every team in the playoffs, terrible defenses don't make it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Not a chance! I`d be shocked also if he took an RB in the 1st Rd. He went straight Oline last season and will concentrate on the defense in 2017. I think he will take a RB early, but not in the 1st Rd.

 

I wouldn't be surprised.  This line still needs some work so it wouldn't shock me on that note either.    People would be mad for maybe a minute and then say "Well we kind of still stink there!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, krunk said:

I wouldn't be surprised.  This line still needs some work so it wouldn't shock me on that note either.    People would be mad for maybe a minute and then say "Well we kind of still stink there!"

 
 

I`m rather optimistic the Oline is going to be a strength next season with the current group.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

I think Cousins will be franchised, but If Browns somehow do get him I think he would be a perfect fit for them..If they come away with Cousins, Myles Garrett, and Fournette they won't be any fun to play against...I think Watson and Fournette would be perfect for them as well..They need a physical grind it out team in that division...Cleveland is a hard place for a passing offense to work with the wind and cold...Watson with his running ability would thrive there with Jackson being a perfect coach for him...

How do you think they could get Garrett and Fournette?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, krunk said:

In Grigsons mind I'm betting if he takes an offensive player in the 1st round it will probably be an offensive lineman.  Wouldn't be surprised to see that happen.  If you do that then it makes it easier to pick up a lower round back.

If we take o lineman in 1st ill puke..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bowen: A running back in Round One is not the route I would take. Defense. Defense. Defense. That's the path I would go down in the very early rounds. You can find a middle-round running back who can make an impact. Of the NFL's top 10 runners this past season, only 1 was a former first-round pick. You can wait on a running back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a lot of these pass rushers outside of Barnett or Garrett are low first rounders or strong second round caliber just in my couple look sees. Very good players, but I think a good chunk of them probably belong in these areas.  There should still be a decent chunk of them available even after our pick in the first round.  I was against it in some earlier conversations I had, but I really wouldn't be all that upset if we actually did take one of the upper tier offensive linemen with that pick.  A Cam Robinson, Mike Mcglinchey, Ryan Ramcyzk.  Or maybe a Quenton Nelson from Notre Dame.  

 

After giving it some more thought I think IF Grigson decides to go goes offense in the first round I think it's very likely to be an O lineman. I think we've got some pieces in place but I don't think we are set at the position just yet. Quarterback got hammered the whole season.  Couldn't play one game due to a concussion.  I think that is where Griggers mind would be at.    As far as pass rush is concerned there's all kinds of guys you could pick up in the 2nd round to 3rd round.  Guys like Ryan Anderson, TJ Watt, Demarcus Walker.  Probably Solomon Thomas,  Harold Landry, Carol Philips, Maybe Takarist Mckinley.  I think a lot of these guys will still be around in the 2nd round.  Some lower

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ain't been on here in ages, I've been sickened by the Colts defense for years but I would definitely draft a guy like Fournette in the first round. The Colts need depth more than anything which is why I'd definitely go defense all the way after that Fournette pick 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Smitto said:

Ain't been on here in ages, I've been sickened by the Colts defense for years but I would definitely draft a guy like Fournette in the first round. The Colts need depth more than anything which is why I'd definitely go defense all the way after that Fournette pick 

Defense doesn't need depth it needs quality starters. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 12to13 said:

Defense doesn't need depth it needs quality starters. 

There's a difference between depth and "bodies". The Colts need depth on defense, too many times have starters went down and the player filling in has done a terrible job. If that wasn't the case we'd be talking about something totally different here. The Colts don't need a great defence and they'll never have one judging by their draft history in the past decade. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Smitto said:

There's a difference between depth and "bodies". The Colts need depth on defense, too many times have starters went down and the player filling in has done a terrible job. If that wasn't the case we'd be talking about something totally different here. The Colts don't need a great defence and they'll never have one judging by their draft history in the past decade. 

The defense doesn't have 1 playmaker. Vontae had one good season, he's inconsistent and often injured. It's time to get a baller or two on defense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 12to13 said:

The defense doesn't have 1 playmaker. Vontae had one good season, he's inconsistent and often injured. It's time to get a baller or two on defense. 

Often injured? He's missed less than 4 games since he's been here. He's a solid starter and a shutdown corner... There's no question about that.  Wanna look at depth look at the 2013 colts.. Compare their defence to this one... Not "playmakers" but good players. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Smitto said:

Often injured? He's missed less than 4 games since he's been here. He's a solid starter and a shutdown corner... There's no question about that.  Wanna look at depth look at the 2013 colts.. Compare their defence to this one... Not "playmakers" but good players. 

He is always dinged up. Yes often injured. He is a great solid starter when healthy. And we need better than the 2013 colts, we need homegrown blue chip defenders. Literally need em'.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2017 at 1:44 PM, jshipp23 said:

He could be used like Faulk was used in St.Louis..I think Belichik takes him in 1st so it's a moot point..

BB doesn't often draft offensive skill players in round one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Lol, I'm not really enthused about our Defense. Like I said,  for fun while they are ranked high it be fun to give them a nickname BEFORE they start playing the better offenses and get exposed.   And personally I don't think there has been really truly great defenses last few years. Sure some will play well for a stretch but usually sooner than later teams will put up good numbers against them.
    • I'm still a bit confused by this.  It sounds like if there is a fumble on a 2 point conversion and the defense grabs it in the endzone and doesn't get out of the endzone it would be a 1 point safety.  Wouldn't it be a touchback?
    • Yep he's best old white dude pocket passer left playing the game today. If he can keep it up the sky's the limit
    • Yeah. It's something like the opposing team has to recover the ball, then retreat to the endzone where they get tackled
    • A little-noticed aspect of the NFL’s new extra point rule is that we could see, for the first time in league history, a one-point safety. If the defense gets the ball in the field of play on a conversion attemp, and then a defensive player takes the ball into his own end zone and is tackled, the result will be a one-point safety: The offensive team will get one point. That has never happened before in NFL history. It had never happened before because it was virtually impossible: In the past, any time the defense took possession of the ball on a point-after attempt (either a one-point kick or a two-point conversion), the play was blown dead. A one-point safety was theoretically possible before, but it would have happened only if the defensive team had illegally batted a fumbled ball in the end zone. One-point safeties have happened in college football, most notably in the 2013 Fiesta Bowl, when Kansas State blocked an Oregon extra point and a Kansas State player picked up the ball and ran it into his own end zone. The college rule that gives the defense the opportunity to score two points by returning an interception, fumble or blocked kick to the opposite end zone means that defensive teams that take possession of the ball will try to run it back for a score, and sometimes those players end up getting tackled after backtracking into their own end zones. With that rule now in place in the NFL, it will happen in the NFL eventually as well: Some defensive player is going to reverse field, get caught in his own end zone, and give up the first one-point safety in NFL history.   https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/22/nfl-may-see-its-first-one-point-safety/#:~:text=If the defense gets the,happened before in NFL history.
  • Members

    • FortheWin

      FortheWin 69

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Myles

      Myles 4,125

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dingus McGirt

      Dingus McGirt 1,490

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • shakedownstreet

      shakedownstreet 7,426

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • stitches

      stitches 9,467

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Archer

      Archer 1,338

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Flash7

      Flash7 2,673

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • cbear

      cbear 853

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Lancer1

      Lancer1 69

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Zoltan

      Zoltan 260

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...