Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Leonard Fournette

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

Fournette is the #1 player in this draft and it's not even close...A mix of AP, Bo Jackson, and Jim Brown....

To me,  running backs are not the number one player in the draft.      Not in the new modern age of football.

Perhaps back when Bo and OJ and Jim Brown were playing --- fine.       But not in today's NFL.

Fournette is likely not going 1st overall.         And if your sentence was true,  then he should be going first.

Do you think he will?        Not,  think he should.....     but do you think he will?

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

To me,  running backs are not the number one player in the draft.      Not in the new modern age of football.

Perhaps back when Bo and OJ and Jim Brown were playing --- fine.       But not in today's NFL.

Fournette is likely not going 1st overall.         And if your sentence was true,  then he should be going first.

Do you think he will?        Not,  think he should.....     but do you think he will?

I think it's not likely, but if I was Cleveland I would try to get Watson and Fournette in whichever order makes it possible to get them both...It would make life much easier for Watson as he learns to have a beast like Fournette to lean on...They also have a ton of cap to franchise Collins and grab other free agents...I think with Hue Jackson being an offensive coach there is a chance they grab a couple very important building blocks for their offense while they have the opportunity...I want the Browns to succeed I lived there 6 years and they have the most loyal diehard fans in all of sports...

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Just because he is the best player does not mean he is going 1st...Running back is not valued as high as other positions, but Fournette is special...

Just now, jshipp23 said:

I think it's not likely, but if I was Cleveland I would try to get Watson and Fournette in whichever order makes it possible to get them both...It would make life much easier for Watson as he learns to have a beast like Fournette to lean on...They also have a ton of cap to franchise Collins and grab other free agents...I think with Hue Jackson being an offensive coach there is a chance they grab a couple very important building blocks for their offense while they have the opportunity...I want the Browns to succeed I lived there 6 years and they have the most loyal diehard fans in all of sports...

Cleveland is in a position to help themselves in this draft for sure. However, I would not be one bit surprised if they pass on a QB with past draft bust. This QB class is weak. I would not be shocked with their cap space if they make a pitch for K. Cousins. A name to keep an eye on is M. Glennon from the Bucs as well. He played well his rookie season and is a free-agent. I like Hue Jackson a lot and would love to have that guy as a coach.

46 minutes ago, krunk said:

You don't know that unless you have a crystal ball.  You don't even know the teams evaluation of said player.  It's just your opinion.  And those vary from coaching staff to coaching staff.  If you indeed know there will be a better player there then you shouldn't worry about a back being selected.  As a defender will likely be selected.

No I know. There's just too many good (defensive) players in this draft, for there not to be one at pick #15. Especially when some teams(atleast one) will take a QB or RB before us.

It's that simple. And I'm not worried, I'm just trying to get some common sense out.

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

He would make the biggest impact on the team day 1...Colts offense would be unstoppable ...

No. Everyone was saying the same stuff about Gurley. 

What would help the Colts day 1 is a difference maker on defense. It's pretty obvious, seeing as how we ranked 31st out of 32 teams on defense last year. But hey offense wins championships right?

7 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Cleveland is in a position to help themselves in this draft for sure. However, I would not be one bit surprised if they pass on a QB with past draft bust. This QB class is weak. I would not be shocked with their cap space if they make a pitch for K. Cousins. A name to keep an eye on is M. Glennon from the Bucs as well. He played well his rookie season and is a free-agent. I like Hue Jackson a lot and would love to have that guy as a coach.

I think Cousins will be franchised, but If Browns somehow do get him I think he would be a perfect fit for them..If they come away with Cousins, Myles Garrett, and Fournette they won't be any fun to play against...I think Watson and Fournette would be perfect for them as well..They need a physical grind it out team in that division...Cleveland is a hard place for a passing offense to work with the wind and cold...Watson with his running ability would thrive there with Jackson being a perfect coach for him...

7 minutes ago, 12to13 said:

What would help the Colts day 1 is a difference maker on defense. It's pretty obvious, seeing as how we ranked 31st out of 32 teams on defense last year. But hey offense wins championships right?

Ask Kurt Warner led Rams...If you have an offense that can score 40 a game and secure home field you can most definitely win a Super Bowl with a great offense...Home field is key though because weather can shutdown an offense and Colts were a perfect example in the Manning era...

2 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Ask Kurt Warner led Rams...If you have an offense that can score 40 a game and secure home field you can most definitely win a Super Bowl with a great offense...Home field is key though because weather can shutdown an offense and Colts were a perfect example in the Manning era...

Come on man, the Kurt Warner led Rams have nothing to do with this colts team. And I doubt their defense was as terrible as this teams too. It's time to get a blue chip defender. And you just said we'd need home field advantage to.even be effective? Why would you.want that?

Just now, 12to13 said:

Come on man, the Kurt Warner led Rams have nothing to do with this colts team. And I doubt their defense was as terrible as this teams too. It's time to get a blue chip defender.

I agree we need a blue chip defender, but just because we take 1 at 14 doesn't mean he won't bust...I don't see Fournette or Cook busting..They are as close to a sure thing barring injury as you could get and would make a major impact..We can get a couple impact free agents on defense in free agency and draft d rounds 2-6...RB is a major need, and is holding this offense back and impacting the defense more than you think..

I don't really get the logic that says if you don't take a defensive player round 1 then the whole draft is doomed.  If the team doesn't like the players on the board when the pick comes in they are supposed to just pick a defensive guy any way?   Some of those guys they may even have a 2nd round grade on.  I remember plenty of people thought Eddie Goldman was supposed to go in the first round, but he went in the 2nd round. Everybodies grades are different for different players.  Doesn't mean the draft is a flop if you take a top notch back.  Emphasis on top notch because there's only two of those to me and that's Cook and Fournette.  Plenty of room to add to the D rounds 2 through 7 and what not.  Again if you like the food you see on the plate when the pick comes in and that is a Defender then take the defender.  If you don't like what's on the plate but you have the two top notch backs there then do that, or trade down.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I don't really get the logic that says if you don't take a defensive player round 1 then the whole draft is doomed.  If the team doesn't like the players on the board when the pick comes in they are supposed to just pick a defensive guy any way?   Some of those guys they may even have a 2nd round grade on.  I remember plenty of people thought Eddie Goldman was supposed to go in the first round, but he went in the 2nd round. Everybodies grades are different for different players.  Doesn't mean the draft is a flop if you take a top notch back.  Emphasis on top notch because there's only two of those to me and that's Cook and Fournette.

I never said the whole draft is doomed if you don't take a defender 1st. I just think it's beyond stupid. And seriously who thinks there won't be a great defender at #15?! Look at the freaking list of players in this draft. 

I'm a damn broken record saying how historically bad this defense is, but.nobody seems to care that we don't have a playmaker on it. I'm tired of getting.old players in FA, it's over due to draft a stud defender in the draft. 

4 minutes ago, 12to13 said:

I never said the whole draft is doomed if you don't take a defender 1st. I just think it's beyond stupid. And seriously who thinks there won't be a great defender at #15?! Look at the freaking list of players in this draft. 

I'm a damn broken record saying how historically bad this defense is, but.nobody seems to care that we don't have a playmaker on it. I'm tired of getting.old players in FA, it's over due to draft a stud defender in the draft. 

To you yours and to us ours.  You don't like ours and we don't like yours! Is what it is.  Bottom line is we don't want to miss a chance to add an elite player to the team.  If you don't like those defenders or you have lower grades on them then it's stupid to select the defender.  It violates the board you have built to ignore your scoring and grading process.    Go with the guy you have the high grades on .  We damn sure need to run the ball better.  Can't say it's not a need.

6 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I agree we need a blue chip defender, but just because we take 1 at 14 doesn't mean he won't bust...I don't see Fournette or Cook busting..They are as close to a sure thing barring injury as you could get and would make a major impact..We can get a couple impact free agents on defense in free agency and draft d rounds 2-6...RB is a major need, and is holding this offense back and impacting the defense more than you think..

I'm tired of getting our defenders from FA, not * one has worked out. You need to go check the names of the defenders coming out, there will be a starter at #15. There's plenty of "good" RBs coming out also that will be available later.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't really get the logic that says if you don't take a defensive player round 1 then the whole draft is doomed.  If the team doesn't like the players on the board when the pick comes in they are supposed to just pick a defensive guy any way?   Some of those guys they may even have a 2nd round grade on.  I remember plenty of people thought Eddie Goldman was supposed to go in the first round, but he went in the 2nd round. Everybodies grades are different for different players.  Doesn't mean the draft is a flop if you take a top notch back.  Emphasis on top notch because there's only two of those to me and that's Cook and Fournette.  Plenty of room to add to the D rounds 2 through 7 and what not.

If Cook and Fournette are gone and we come away with Barnett, Foster, Thomas, McDowell, Cunningham, Hooker, Adams or others Ill be fine with that too..We will get a bluechip guy no matter what, this draft is LOADED on defense...If we do get defense in 1st I hope we go with Donta Foreman in 2nd, he could end up being a steal, the more I watch him the more I like him...Lots of ways to atrack offseason and get better I have hope even with Chuck as coach..

2 minutes ago, 12to13 said:

I'm tired of getting our defenders from FA, not * one has worked out. You need to go check the names of the defenders coming out, there will be a starter at #15. There's plenty of "good" RBs coming out also that will be available later.

We haven't signed a big time defender in free agency, we have tried to bargain hunt and it hasn't worked..I hope we change that philosophy and pay the price for 2 young big time proven guys..

31 minutes ago, 12to13 said:

I do not see this as a comparison at all.  You are talking about Gurley going to play with an offense that is not even close to ours.  We would have Luck, and yes that is better than Case Keenum or Goff.

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

We haven't signed a big time defender in free agency, we have tried to bargain hunt and it hasn't worked..I hope we change that philosophy and pay the price for 2 young big time proven guys..

I know and I don't see us doing it this year either(the player has to also want to come here). But hopefully your right.  I'm just soo tired of our Defense being horrible, its been too long.. 

Just now, DaColts85 said:

I do not see this as a comparison at all.  You are talking about Gurley going to play with an offense that is not even close to ours.  We would have Luck, and yes that is better than Case Keenum or Goff.

Not a perfect example no, but an example none the less. Leonard/cook wouldn't have stopped the Lions or texans from marching down the field in record time and scoring the game winning drives.

1 minute ago, 12to13 said:

Not a perfect example no, but an example none the less. Leonard/cook wouldn't have stopped the Lions or texans from marching down the field in record time and scoring the game winning drives.

No, but they could have been the difference between being up by 4 or being up by 14...It works both ways...

2 minutes ago, 12to13 said:

Again a terrible response.  We could have easily changed the game with time management and ball control.

Although I don't think offense was a problem this year. I would like for the colts to draft dalvin cook or fournett if they are available to us. I think it's a very deep LB class this year so we can get a good linebackers in 2nd round of the draft. However, if both are not available to us in the 1st round, I would like us to draft defense in the 1st 2nd and 3rd preferably LB - LB/DE - CB, in this order.

All I can say is that if Cook or Fournette are available at our pick and no top D prospects are there I would draft them.  It is honestly something I can see Grigson doing as well.  Would I rather have a blue chip defender of course but you never know how people are rated by each organization.  Truly I would love Foster but I think he is gone before us.

5 minutes ago, colts2dasuperbowl said:

Although I don't think offense was a problem this year. I would like for the colts to draft dalvin cook or fournett if they are available to us. I think it's a very deep LB class this year so we can get a good linebackers in 2nd round of the draft. However, if both are not available to us in the 1st round, I would like us to draft defense in the 1st 2nd and 3rd preferably LB - LB/DE - CB, in this order.

Unless Foreman or McCaffery are there in 2nd...After that there is a significant drop off in talent at rb..In this scenario we are settling for Gore and Turbin for one more year and grabbing a RB in 1st next year, the Penn State RB Saquan Barkley is on my radar...

Just now, jshipp23 said:

Unless Foreman or McCaffery are there in 2nd...After that there is a significant drop off in talent at rb..In this scenario we are settling for Gore and Turbin for one more year and grabbing a RB in 1st next year, the Penn State RB is on my radar...

i'm not too high on McCaffery. I just don't think he's a NFL starter. Gore can play one more year for us but I still think we need to draft a RB this year for depth if we choose to go that path. All that aside, drafting defensive players are key in this years draft. 

2 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Unless Foreman or McCaffery are there in 2nd...After that there is a significant drop off in talent at rb..In this scenario we are settling for Gore and Turbin for one more year and grabbing a RB in 1st next year, the Penn State RB is on my radar...

Not necessarily true, but I feel if the Colts don`t go RB in Rd #1 they will need to take an RB in the 2nd or 3rd. As I stated earlier, RB`s can be had late in the draft, but it`s almost like winning the lottery. For the record, I`m against a taking one in the 1st and would take Mixon in the 3rd all day!

5 minutes ago, colts2dasuperbowl said:

i'm not too high on McCaffery. I just don't think he's a NFL starter. Gore can play one more year for us but I still think we need to draft a RB this year for depth if we choose to go that path. All that aside, drafting defensive players are key in this years draft. 

I agree and think he would be a better slot receiver honestly.  Get him in space and let him t o the rest.  This is why you hear people saying he is a Patriots type player.

2 minutes ago, Oldschoolcolt19 said:

I can't see the bears passing on fournett. We need pass rush

Even though they have Jordan Howard who was 2nd in the league in rushing as a rookie? I honestly think Jacksonville is the spot for Fournette, they couldn't run the ball at all this year. Well, except against us.

1 hour ago, 12to13 said:

the colts are not the rams

if gore can get 1000 behind this line than gurley, Fournette, elliot or cook can get 1400+

that extra yardage can be the difference in winning games that we would have other wise lost

we are closer to having a good running game than we are to having a good defense.  thats why its ok to spend a first on fournette or cook

14 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I agree and think he would be a better slot receiver honestly.  Get him in space and let him t o the rest.  This is why you hear people saying he is a Patriots type player.

He could be used like Faulk was used in St.Louis..I think Belichik takes him in 1st so it's a moot point..

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

He could be used like Faulk was used in St.Louis..I think Belichik takes him in 1st so it's a moot point..

I do not dislike him at all.  I think he could be a very solid player.  But I would aim for maybe rd. 2 if we really wanted him.  Honestly I am not sure but I would not be shocked if they did draft him.

7 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Umm they have J. Howard, they won`t be taking an RB anytime early in the draft let alone at three.  

Sorry I don't really know that much about the guy. I was under the impression he was the next A P ,the prototype oneback,30-35 carries a game. If he's just another rb, don't waste a 1st round pick