Colts @ Titans Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This football team has a lack of football intelligence in general and and just overall football awareness. The ones that don't have a lack of football intelligence lack the speed and athleticism to go along with their football intelligence. Very few players on this team have both the speed, strength and intelligence on this team

Just now, RollerColt said:

We seem to not figure out plays once in the redzone the past few weeks. 

lol just need to match up a tightend in the outside with a corner or linebacker and th to a fade like pats do gronk...even tho we have no gronk better than being sacked 

Just now, oldunclemark said:

we need Allen and Doyle

We need Allen with the following conditions:

1)  He catches balls equivalent to what we pay him

2)  He plays more than 40% of the season

So far outside of the game a week or two ago he has not :(

Swoope vs Allen is not a huge difference, but there is a dramatic cost difference.

Save the $$$ to invest in defense.

1 minute ago, Catloaf said:

We need Allen with the following conditions:

1)  He catches balls equivalent to what we pay him

2)  He plays more than 40% of the season

So far outside of the game a week or two ago he has not :(

Swoope vs Allen is not a huge difference, but there is a dramatic cost difference.

Save the $$$ to invest in defense.

No..we need Allen.........we need more than one TE..we need more than 2

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Solid expectation!!  He is one heck of a player. I see it way more likely it plays out your way over mine. 
    • I agree with RP here. Buckner was double and triple teamed last year because the rest of the D line scared no one. His supporting cast should be much stronger this year with the addition of Ngaukue, Year two for Kwity, a healthy Dayo, and a more aggressive scheme. I think you'll see double digit sacks from DeFo. He's not getting traded.    And speaking of Dayo, a rookie D lineman coming off a recent Achilles injury (and who missed the entire training camp process) cannot be deemed a bust just because he didn't immediately set the world on fire. The fact that he managed to play in 10 games in a diminished capacity is, on its own, a very good thing. He'll obviously be far more prepared for his sophomore season than if he'd had a redshirt year. He is admittedly an unknown at this point, but his athletic talent is off the charts, and the coaches love his potential, so he deserves a full, healthy season before anyone tries to evaluate whether or not he was worth a second round pick. 
    • I think Flus's read/react + no-blitz scheme handcuffed a lot of players. Defo's first year, he had two pretty good guys supporting him in Autry and Houston (both who went on to look better in other schemes last season). So IMO, Defo will benefit both from new scheme, plus better supporting cast this year. But... trading Defo in 2024 wouldn't shock me IF someone else steps up (like Dayo). All in all, I think Defo, YN, and KP all will look good this year and have a chance to hit 10 sacks. Not saying they all do, but OLs will have to pick and choose differently than they did last year, and all three will have more opportunity.    In passing downs, I see Paye - Dayo/Lewis - Defo - YN, or perhaps even Dayo/Lews - Paye - Defo - YN... Both those sets look pretty mean to me if they all can pin their ears back. And Gus rarely blitzed last year, but was considered one of the better DC in terms of picking his moments to blitz. I'm also interested to see if he uses SAM like a 5th DL at times in passing downs like he has from time to time in the past. All in all, I'm a lot more optimistic about the DL this season, and really interested to see how he uses some of the guys. 
    • The RB room has some serious depth.
  • Members

• Flash7

Flash7 1,681

• TrickJack9

TrickJack9 1

Rookie
    • stitches

stitches 11,679

• Solid84

Solid84 588

• Goatface Killah