LucasOilStadium

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I don't think anyone really said that, the attempt to resign Freeman has been fairly well documented.

He chose the Bears over the Colts, that was that. It wasn't a case of money, we made the same offer, we annoyed him with making him a RFA the year before. 

I'm not sure why people aren't getting this. He loved Indy so much he left for a little more. 

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

I think if we win 6 or fewer games this year, Pagano and/or Grigson will be fired, despite receiving extensions this past offseason

Doubt it. I expect a defense heavy draft and everything from coaches to front office personnel to be kept through their contracts. After the contracts are up if we are not in significantly better shape then we are now then I expect the cord will be cut on Grigson and Pagano 

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

We made an offer, Freeman went to free agency.  The Bears made him an offer.  He returned to Indy and told them what Chicago's offer was.  Indy told him to take that offer

I'll double check the sourcing when I'm not quite so distracted, but I believe we matched the offer but had alienated him so he went with the Bears out of principle almost.

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

I'll double check the sourcing when I'm not quite so distracted, but I believe we matched the offer but had alienated him so he went with the Bears out of principle almost.

If I recall correctly, Chicago made him an offer with incentives whereas Indy's offer was the same, but without incentives.

1 minute ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Because most of us are of the mindset that Freeman would have been worth a counter offer greater than the bears offer, thus keeping him a Colt. Saving us from the misery of McNary

Yeah, but there is a salary cap. Luck just got paid. Incentive laden contract are a recipe for disaster. 

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

If I recall correctly, Chicago made him an offer with incentives whereas Indy's offer was the same, but without incentives.

I think the bottom line was going to need more from the Colts to stay then he'd take from another team to move if that makes sense. He'd been making noises about being underpaid for some time and the RFA really rubbed him the wrong way it seems. 

In an ideal world no, he'd never have seen FA. 

5 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

freeman and grigsons comments were a little confusing

even after he joined the bears, freeman said he would have preferred the colts