Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would You Trade Our 2Nd Pick For.....

Trading a 2nd for a 3rd and a 4th will be fine with me.

In one of my mocks, I proposed a trade down from No.34 and trade No.65 in exchange for picks No.46 & No.51. I think we can benefit from multiple 2nd or 3rd rounders but I'd prefer multiple 2nd rounders that we know are 2nd round talent instead of reaching for them at No.34 (if no first round talent drops to No.34).

What if we traded our 34th and 65th pick for the Eagles 46th pick and 51st pick, and used our 1st 3 picks on.....offense? Yep, I know we need a lot of help on defense, but we need help on offense and we need to get Luck a better line and weapons so he doesn't turn into David Carr. And this draft is assuming Peyton Manning is no longer with the Colts, and many other of our vets gone with him. It's sad, but I don't see Peyton getting better all of the sudden.

Round 1 Pick 1- Andrew Luck QB Stanford - No explanation needed here really, I really think this guy can be our guy for the next 15 years.

Round 2 (TRADE) Pick 46- Chris Polk RB Washington - This guy looks like Arian Foster when he runs. Power, speed, elusiveness. Just want Pagano wants in the new era of Indianapolis football.

Round 2 (TRADE) pick 65- Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin - Our interior lineman are awful, and Jeff retiring is going to make it worse. We don't need Luck to become Carr, so we need Zeitler, and I think we're going to sign Carl Nicks. All the sudden our O-Line is Castonzo-Nicks-Pollak-Zeitler-Ijalana. Not bad.

Round 4 Pick 97- Josh Chapman DT Alabama- We need a better defensive lineman, and Chapman is a very good DT on the best defense in the NCAA. Good steal in the 4th round. /// Whoa. He played the entire season with a torn ACL.. and just had surgery. Wonder what that means about his draft stock. I'd take Alameda Ta'amu, but I'm not sure if he'll make it this far.

Round 4 (COMP.SESSION)- Casey Heyward CB Vanderbilt - One of the underrated CBs in the draft, I think he can come in and make an impact from day 1.

Round 5 Pick 128- Tommy Streeter WR Miami- How this kid's stock is so low is beyond me. Size, speed, down field threat. Every time I watched him play last year for the U I couldn't help but think of other Hurricane great WRs Andre Johnson and Michael Irvin. I'm not saying he's going to be that good, but the kid's talented.

Round 6 Pick 161- Donnie Fletcher CB Boston College- Another guy who's better than where he'll get drafted. He can play S too. Good pick for a 6th rounder.

Round 6 (COMP.JOHNSON)- Trenton Robinson S Michigan State- Hopefully he won't have to start because we sign LaRon Landry or Zbikowski (sp?) but we need safety depth badly.

Round 7 Pick 191- Chris Rainey RB Florida- He could be our KR/PR he runs a 4.36 40. Amazingly fast. He's only 5-8 178lbs though.

So there it is. Thoughts?

Im not big on taking a rb before the 3rd. I really liked how Pead looked at the Senior bowl. Rainey is also someone that could help with depth and ST.

I know a lot of people would be unhappy would taking a RB early, but I see us cutting Addai, and Delone Carter will never be anything special imo, so that leaves us with just Donald Brown and I think he's just an average NFL RB. After watching a few videos on Chris Polk and reading his scouting reports I think he could be our franchise RB for years to come. He runs a lot like Arian Foster. Pagano likes to run apparently a lot and Irsay has said multiple times we need to become more balanced.

he's a beast

taking a running back in the 2nd would be insane. you want a good running game? get a good offensive line. i would rather the colts take a guard in the 2nd than a rb.

It has us taking Zeitler in the 2nd with the trade. But my thinking is why reach for Zeitler with the 34th pick when we can trade down and get Zeitler and IMO easily the 2nd best RB in the draft? I think all the guys we want (kirkpatrick, Barron, Poe) will be gone and I think we're going to cut Addai. So why not?

It has us taking Zeitler in the 2nd with the trade. But my thinking is why reach for Zeitler with the 34th pick when we can trade down and get Zeitler and IMO easily the 2nd best RB in the draft? I think all the guys we want (kirkpatrick, Barron, Poe) will be gone and I think we're going to cut Addai. So why not?

cause running backs are a dime a dozen and have short careers

Ryan Grigson said he could get 3rd round talent in the sixth round. So if he thinks its right to trade are 2nd pick for a 3rd,4th,5th, and

maybe a 3rd, or 4th next year. I wouldnt mind would you.

Ryan Grigson said he could get 3rd round talent in the sixth round. So if he thinks its right to trade are 2nd pick for a 3rd,4th,5th, and

maybe a 3rd, or 4th next year. I wouldnt mind would you.

Trade the 2nd round pick for a team's 3rd, 4th, 5th and either a 3 or 4 the year after? I would be all over that!

true, but teams just dont need them.

It helps, especially for rookie QBs. I don't like the idea of Andrew Luck coming in and throwing 35+ times. Matt Ryan was successful because of Michael Turner, Flacco because of Rice, Rivers because of LdT heck maybe even Peyton because of Edge.

What if we traded our 34th and 65th pick for the Eagles 46th pick and 51st pick, and used our 1st 3 picks on.....offense? Yep, I know we need a lot of help on defense, but we need help on offense and we need to get Luck a better line and weapons so he doesn't turn into David Carr. And this draft is assuming Peyton Manning is no longer with the Colts, and many other of our vets gone with him. It's sad, but I don't see Peyton getting better all of the sudden.

Round 2 (TRADE) Pick 46- Chris Polk RB Washington - This guy looks like Arian Foster when he runs. Power, speed, elusiveness. Just want Pagano wants in the new era of Indianapolis football.

a) what is the point of trading two early round picks for two different early round picks in the same general vicinity? Why would either team care enough to bother?

b) Running Back is one of the few areas of the club where we don't need any help. And yeah, sure, better skill players are found near the top of the draft. That's why two of the three RBs we have now are first rounders. They are all capable, and the more you improve the oline the more effective they will be (while helping the QB as well). You want to throw them out the door and draft a second rounder? That's just a waste.

What about our age and free agent problems at WR and TE? What about the sub-par dback play? What about all the defensive tweaks needed to shift defensive philosophies?