Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay gives Pagano and Grigson a vote of confidence

MTC

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yes cause you know for a fact what Irsay is gonna do don't ya?

Irsay is not going to give a vote of confidence and then fire anyone before the end of the season.

If you think other wise that's fine.

You have stated your opinion and I have stated mine.

Now I am not going to take this any farther because there is nothing more to say.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Jimmy said it was long term. Nuff said IMO. Till he makes the choice we can all talk till our faces turn blue and it all means zero.

Jimmy is not going to read what is said in this forum and make choices any of us wants.

He is not going to fire anyone to make you, me or anyone else happy because we think we know better.

That doesn't mean anything. He said that with the idea that things would get better. The team is worse than last years. That's grounds enough to be fired.

30 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

He said it yesterday.

But it's not the end of the season yet. Even though I don't believe they will, the Colts CAN still finish better than last year's record and CAN still make the playoffs. So it's not absurd for him to say that.

However if the Colts have a losing record/don't make the playoffs his attitude could be very different. I actually agree with you that it would be unwise to fire them mid season and Irsay won't do it. 

Although many of us would applaud him running the 2 stooges out of town you really can't.

Can't tell the fans you've given up not even 50% thru the season.

Still can't figure out why they were given 4 year extensions.

Unless Jim has totally lost his marbles and keeps these guys regardless of what happens because he likes them and feels comfortable with them at the wheel.

For Irsay to say otherwise would be admitting he made a mistake retaining and (even worse) extending both Grigson and Pagano  this offseason.  He has too much pride for that.   Irsay wants to look smart but often comes off looking like a joke when he opens his mouth. He has become an embarrassment on various levels.  I no longer have confidence in this man's judgement.  He is becoming his father and the team is morphing into his father's Colts right before our eyes.  Incompetent owners and bad front office management lead to woe begotten franchises and disgruntled fan bases.  

2 hours ago, IinD said:

Although many of us would applaud him running the 2 stooges out of town you really can't.

Can't tell the fans you've given up not even 50% thru the season.

Still can't figure out why they were given 4 year extensions.

Unless Jim has totally lost his marbles and keeps these guys regardless of what happens because he likes them and feels comfortable with them at the wheel.

That's my biggest fear. That maybe he's set on at least letting them get 2 years out of the 4 year extension to try to fix things. I sure as hell hope not.  But with a high pick in every round and cap room, maybe we can turn things around next year.... I've just lost all faith in Pagano and I never had much to begin with...

8 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

For Irsay to say otherwise would be admitting he made a mistake retaining and (even worse) extending both Grigson and Pagano  this offseason.  He has too much pride for that.   Irsay wants to look smart but often comes off looking like a joke when he opens his mouth. He has become an embarrassment on various levels.  I no longer have confidence in this man's judgement.  He is becoming his father and the team is morphing into his father's Colts right before our eyes.  Incompetent owners and bad front office management lead to woe begotten franchises and disgruntled fan bases.  

His dad was a man of action. In 1974, he fired Head Coach Howard Schnellenberger after Irsay ordered he put in Bert Jones over Marty Domres , after starting out 0-3. Schnelkenberger stated he would have put in Jones, but balked when told to. In 1979, after PK Toni Linhart missed a FG in a 13-10 loss to Cleveland, Irsay gave him a $10,000 bonus then waived him. In 1981, Irsay went to the booth to call plays for the Colts , then later fired HC Mike McCormack. I'm not sure you guys want that kind of action, but it may be time for younger Irsay to pull the plug at the end of the year if the results don't get better. 

On 10/18/2016 at 8:16 PM, bap1331 said:

To get another Wide Receiver. WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

This is what depresses me.  The only consolation of a bad season is the hopes of a good draft the next season.  And when you draft stupidly like we did with Dorsett...

All hope fades.

I have no problem if Irsay cut ties with both of them before the season is over.  His decision to keep them I believe was based on his heart and not his mind.  He even said there were no lower expectations on winning this season.  He's backtracked on that statement somewhat now saying they are in a reset mode. I think he finally sees how poorly the team is built and coached and he's just trying to save face by not firing them now. My only worry is that they may string a few wins together and finish 8-8 or better and Irsay's heart will take over again. If he knows he's not sold on them I see no problem with him making changes now. 

On 10/19/2016 at 5:24 PM, crazycolt1 said:

Well Irsay is not going anywhere. Grigson and Pagano are here till at least the end of the season and more than likely past that.

Maybe it's time for you to follow another team since you have so much hate for Irsay, the front office and coaches?

If I had that much animosity built up where all I could do is say the whole team is a joke then the joke is on you for following them.

This might be the stupidest thing I've ever read. You took a strong opinion and are turning it into "hate." Please I don't need a lecture on who I should or shouldn't follow. Maybe you should get over this self-righteous line of thinking and understand that no everyone has to like Irsay's decisions as much as you. 

I guess no one should root for a team or form any opinion on how THEIR favorite team is ran unless it is positive? According to you, everyone that dislikes Obama's decisions should move to another country.

1 hour ago, ThatOneColtFan said:

This might be the stupidest thing I've ever read. You took a strong opinion and are turning it into "hate." Please I don't need a lecture on who I should or shouldn't follow. Maybe you should get over this self-righteous line of thinking and understand that no everyone has to like Irsay's decisions as much as you. 

I guess no one should root for a team or form any opinion on how THEIR favorite team is ran unless it is positive? According to you, everyone that dislikes Obama's decisions should move to another country.

That's not the point. I am sorry you missed the point.

On 10/20/2016 at 2:01 PM, deedub75 said:

I have no problem if Irsay cut ties with both of them before the season is over.  His decision to keep them I believe was based on his heart and not his mind.  He even said there were no lower expectations on winning this season.  He's backtracked on that statement somewhat now saying they are in a reset mode. I think he finally sees how poorly the team is built and coached and he's just trying to save face by not firing them now. My only worry is that they may string a few wins together and finish 8-8 or better and Irsay's heart will take over again. If he knows he's not sold on them I see no problem with him making changes now. 

This is my worry too.

If Irsay himself has doubts that Pagano should be his head coach then he can't talk himself out of doing what his head says is the right decision. These wins against the Titans and other below average teams, though the Titans are much better than in the past, shouldn't persuade Irsay to keep Chuck if he belives a change should be made.

I don't think Grigson's job status is in trouble though...partly because I don't believe that he is trully tied to Pagano and I think Irsay really likes Ryan.

33 minutes ago, ar7 said:

I don't think Grigson's job status is in trouble though...partly because I don't believe that he is trully tied to Pagano and I think Irsay really likes Ryan.

This is how I feel. I think Irsay is way more pro Grigson then pro Pagano and his quotes have shown this to me too. And I am actually the opposite and think Pagaono is a decent dude but Grigson is more of the big problem here. Not that I love Pagano, but I don't think he gets a ton to work with at times either being that defense is supposed to be his specialty and we sign studs such as Patrick Robinson to work with. lmao 

But, it is what it is and I don't feel like getting into a debate today with anyone lol. I slept late and it's cold out today and I am tired. lmao 

Yay we won!!!!!!!

Just now, Jules said:

This is how I feel. I think Irsay is way more pro Grigson then pro Pagano and his quotes have shown this to me too. And I am actually the opposite and think Pagaono is a decent dude but Grigson is more of the big problem here. Not that I love Pagano, but I don't think he gets a ton to work with at times either being that defense is supposed to be his specialty and we sign studs such as Patrick Robinson to work with. lmao 

But, it is what it is and I don't feel like getting into a debate today with anyone lol. I slept late and it's cold out today and I am tired. lmao 

Yay we won!!!!!!!

That's not good either NO ONE should be pro Grigson 

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

Oh God, Irsay is probably over the moon on beating the Titans. We beat these average to bad teams and everyone thinks the world is saved by it.

They'll get exposed when they face some average to above average QB's on D.

The O is getting better besides the hiccups we see each game, but otherwise they are a mostly competent bunch.

This D is going to be the downfall of us.