Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anymore Transactions?

CheesyRoyale

The Polians have been relatively busy with signing larger names than usual (Sims, Harris, Jamaal Anderson) We still need help in the secondary and definitely on special teams with a decent returner. Imagine how much better the offense could be if they didn't start every drive from inside their own 20...I have been hoping for years for them to pick up a returner, but to no avail. Do any of you have any possible ideas in a returner or CB/S? I definitely like the possible Whitner play, but anything else, especially in return guys?

Lacey is practicing as a starting corner... That's not good. He, as well as Tryon, are better in the nickel/dime. We have one true outside corner on our roster, and the rest is a gamble on the outside... I'd like to see us maybe pick up a CB who can play outside.

I also had a dream last night that we signed Donte Whitner, so take that for wha it's worth. :applause:

Maybe Kevin Thomas can be that other starting corner we need, that was a guy they thought highly of coming into last year before he got hurt.... Dont really know of any good free agent corners that is left... Maybe somehow they trade for asante but i doubt it

Lacey is practicing as a starting corner... That's not good. He, as well as Tryon, are better in the nickel/dime. We have one true outside corner on our roster, and the rest is a gamble on the outside... I'd like to see us maybe pick up a CB who can play outside.

I also had a dream last night that we signed Donte Whitner, so take that for wha it's worth. :applause:

Let's hope its like Disney Land where all your dreams come true.

I see the colts getting manhandled by big name recievers if the colts don't get a true out corner. Kinda like last year.. :(

Maybe Kevin Thomas can be that other starting corner we need, that was a guy they thought highly of coming into last year before he got hurt.... Dont really know of any good free agent corners that is left... Maybe somehow they trade for asante but i doubt it

kevin thomas?

I've got a better chance.

thomas has to take a week off practice every time he sneezes.

I still think it might be good to see if Pat Williams of the Vikes comes for cheap. But I doubt it will happen since we have enough bodies but one injury to AJ, and we may give Pat a call. As it stands now:

AJ, Moala, Nevis, Harris, Mathews (DT)

Freeney, Mathis, Hughes, Foster (DE/DT hybrid), Anderson (DE/DT hybrid)

We need Moala and Mathews to have an improvement in their learning curves and step up more. The dark horse will be Ollie Ogbu. Maybe he is our next Ed Johnson (UDFA from Penn State) without the weed :-). It is an interesting combination, the one we have. You never know, Anderson or Harris may be cut after pre-season, so nothing is set in stone.

With the departure of Keyunta Dawson (not on roster anymore) and the addition of Anderson and Harris, the average D-lineman size did go up for the Colts. Not sure what the Rams were thinking when they signed Daniel Muir, I bet he gets cut after pre-season.

CBs - If Hayden is not picked up before pre-season, the team can ask him if he would play for his cap hit, which would be just over $1 million for a year. Who knows???

Safety - If they move Chris Rucker to safety and they got Joe Lefeged as an UDFA (he reminds me of Bullitt version 2, hard hitter, solid in the box, not rangy in coverage), then I doubt we shop for safeties with Bethea and Bullitt as starters with Rucker and Lefeged as backups.

I personally think a CB is more important at this point than a safety. Bullitt is good as a coverage safety, but not so much against the run. Well guess what? The three free agents we have signed were brought in to help against the run. Now Bullitt can focus on his coverage and not give up the big play. We need another corner for when we go up against the Texans/Pats/Chargers or whatever offense we will face in the playoffs.