Do WHATEVER it takes to get Harbaugh out of Michigan

SilentHill

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, jjcolts said:

No to Mc Daniels... Josh Mcdaniels?  the guy who drafted Tebow?

Yep. That's the guy I want. Went 8-8 with Jay Cutler. Yeah he drafted Tebow but we don't have to worry about him drafting a QB. We've got that covered. I'd love to see him turn Luck into a more mobile and athletic Brady.  And we'd steal some of the Patriots thunder. Do it at the end of the season before something happens to Belichick and they give him the reigns and the Patriots continue their dynasty under Garopolo...

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

I think Jon Gruden and Luck could be a deadly combo.  Not saying that's who I want for head coach, but the two could be great together.

What you said are his coaching accomplishments.  He didn't build the roster.  He called the games and brought the best out of the players using his schemes.  Great coach, but we don't know how he would be at handling the draft, free agency, contracts, trades, etc. What could go wrong is you give a guy complete control, like Holmgren had in Cleveland, and he runs your franchise even further into the ground.

No risk, no reward!

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

Read a few of the recent articles about him.  He's changed a lot and is very different from the guy who was hired by the Broncos in 2009.  I think he's matured a lot and could be ready for another shot as a head coach.  Not saying that's who we should go for, but he's definitely not the same guy who drafted Tebow

I'd take Gruden - Chucky and Luck!   That would be exciting

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

I want to get the right fit. I've had enough of people trying to hype big name guys. You know another person who has a really good regular season record, won playoff games, and turned around a 2-14 roster while not ever having a great roster in his entire tenure... Chuck Pagano. I want a true defensive minded coach that will bring in an offensive coordinator that can hold his own and a GM who will actually address the issues of the team.

Chuck didn't turn the team around. Andrew put this team on his back and carried it to 11 wins... as a rookie.

There was no Andrew Luck in SF, just Alex Smith, a QB that NO ONE wanted.

2 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Yep. That's the guy I want. Went 8-8 with Jay Cutler. Yeah he drafted Tebow but we don't have to worry about him drafting a QB. We've got that covered. I'd love to see him turn Luck into a more mobile and athletic Brady.  And we'd steal some of the Patriots thunder. Do it at the end of the season before something happens to Belichick and they give him the reigns and the Patriots continue their dynasty under Garopolo...

Sometimes people are better at certain roles and not necessary head coaches.  

4 minutes ago, jjcolts said:

Sometimes people are better at certain roles and not necessary head coaches.  

I posted an article about McDaniels last week. Very interesting read. Talked about how Belichick gave him a 4 page letter on being a head coach. Also about how after his failure in Denver, he went to Tony Dungy for advice. So a young guy who's been groomed by Belichick for a decade to be a head coach. Been there for every Super Bowl they've won and has worked with arguably (I hate to say it) the best QB in NFL history.... Also humble and smart enough to go to Dungy for advice...  Yeah, I'd give that guy a shot at taking my once in a lifetime young QB to the next level. 

3 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Chuck didn't turn the team around. Andrew put this team on his back and carried it to 11 wins... as a rookie.

There was no Andrew Luck in SF, just Alex Smith, a QB that NO ONE wanted.

Alex Smith is actually a decent quarterback who is also doing just fine in Kansas City. Getting rid of Alex Smith actually got Harbaugh fired after Kaep lost his game all of a sudden. 

You can't put all of it on Luck when we win and then put it all on the coaches when we lose. Doesn't work that way. Luck has had to pull us out of holes but some of those holes he put himself into and the defense had to get the stops necessary to give him the ball back.

GM should be the first priority. Someone who doesn't look at BPA so badly that he neglects obvious problems on the team. We all love to blame coaching and they do have some part of the blame of course but when you have a bad roster and it gets depleted with injuries there is only so much coaches can do.

The only reason i see anyone in the NFL leaving for college is if they are horrible NFL coaches. Harbaugh took a big downgrade going down to college with his knowledge. The longer he stays there, he will not be able to keep up with the NFL if he ever comes back. The NFL changes to fast season to season.

15 minutes ago, jjcolts said:

I hope we don't turn into a joke like the 49ers.... their fall from grace was quick and painful.

Shows how a good coach can impact a QB.  

Kaepernick was awful in Jim Harbaugh's last season with the 49ers when they went 8-8. Part of the reason he got fired.

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Alex Smith is actually a decent quarterback who is also doing just fine in Kansas City. Getting rid of Alex Smith actually got Harbaugh fired after Kaep lost his game all of a sudden. 

You can't put all of it on Luck when we win and then put it all on the coaches when we lose. Doesn't work that way. Luck has had to pull us out of holes but some of those holes he put himself into and the defense had to get the stops necessary to give him the ball back.

GM should be the first priority. Someone who doesn't look at BPA so badly that he neglects obvious problems on the team. We all love to blame coaching and they do have some part of the blame of course but when you have a bad roster and it gets depleted with injuries there is only so much coaches can do.

I know Alex Smith is good, but until Harbaugh took over in 2011 he was considered by almost everyone as a bust. I think he was the backup. Smith owes his entire career resurgence to Harbaugh.

It was a bad move to keep Kaep, but we don't have that issue here, Andrew is top tier QB talent.

1 minute ago, bap1331 said:

The only reason i see anyone in the NFL leaving for college is if they are horrible NFL coaches. Harbaugh took a big downgrade going down to college with his knowledge. The longer he stays there, he will not be able to keep up with the NFL if he ever comes back. The NFL changes to fast season to season.

I am not on the Harbaugh train, but this is wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to start ... :sigh:

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

Kaepernick was awful in Jim Harbaugh's last season with the 49ers when they went 8-8. Part of the reason he got fired.

If you can't figure out when to snap a ball.... you know count.. no coach can help you LOL.

The buzz here is that Baalke and Harbaugh did not like each other and Tomsula was the rat that leaked info. 

People want Baalke out of here and despise the 49ers FO for running Harbaugh out of town. 

Just now, SilentHill said:

I'm not sure Kraft would accept a deal even if it included our entire 2017 draft.

Everybody has a price.

seriously though, harbaugh isn't going to happen.  If irsay wanted him he should of fired Dummy when everyone knew harbaugh was going to be on the market.  Too late now.

3 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

I know Alex Smith is good, but until Harbaugh took over in 2011 he was considered by almost everyone as a bust. I think he was the backup. Smith owes his entire career resurgence to Harbaugh.

It was a bad move to keep Kaep, but we don't have that issue here, Andrew is top tier QB talent.

I honestly think Smith owns his resurgence to Greg Roman who's offense showed him how to take the easy play and not turn the ball over and he has carried that to the Chiefs. 

I still have to figure out who I think would be the perfect candidate for coach but I wouldn't mind Harbaugh even though it is unrealistic. I just don't want people looking at his record and that he is a big name to make that choice.

But the first move we need to make is with the GM and scouts so we can actually get some talent on the roster.

"Andrew Luck is as near perfect as perfect gets," Harbaugh said Tuesday, speaking with Matt Hasselbeck on the Rich Eisen Show. "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme. Mark Twain said that"

Harbaugh on Luck from a year ago....  common Jim!!!  Coach Andrew....  LOL....

Yes one can just dream,..especially after tonight's loss

55 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

and I mean WHATEVER it takes.

I don't care what you have to pay him, or what his demands are, just do it.

Also throw in one of Irsay's homes in Indy, just give him whatever he wants.

I totally 100 % agree I could not agree more. He is the perfect fit hands down. 

51 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

With Andrew Luck.  That alone could get a lot of people excited.

However, I'm not on the Harbaugh train.  He's not very mature and his act can divide a locker room.  I'll pass on him

So get rid of the half that isn't on board.  Wouldn't hurt the team any more than its sucking now. Having 'feel goods' for your coach only gets you so far.  Right now its gotten us a 2-4 record and 3 last minute losses, and a constantly inept first half. 

You see immaturity, while i see an intense passion to win.  

22 minutes ago, bap1331 said:

Not quite. First, look at Pete Carroll. He was a college coach and made a fantastic transition, quickly setting the Seahawks up with a Superbowl ring, and one play away from a second ring.

Meanwhile, Jim Harbaugh got paid a lot for going to Michigan. His contract was similar to his contract with the 49'ers, so the notion of college contracts being cheaper than NFL ones is becoming a myth. In fact, in that link, he even took a paycut so his assistants could get paid more, because he wasn't interested in insane money.

52 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Only for a few years.  Then he probably has another rift with the GM because he wants more power and some of the vets get tired of his childish behaviour and you have a split locker room and you end up where the 49ers are right now

We don't know what went down in San Fran. But here he wouldn't have rift with the GM unless he argues with himself. 

I am in favor of Harbaugh coming in next season if we could get him, but just as coach. I don't think in the modern NFL that having that dual role works.  A few people have done that.  But even Belichick has his personal guys do most of the scouting.

Speaking on GM, something occurred to me.  Interesting how we had a President/GM who was thin skinned, temper, petty, and arrogant.  But he might have been of the best personnel guys of all time.  So many Colt fans were happy to see him get fired.  But it shows you there is a difference between liking someone and someone being a good leader.  We didn't hire Polian to be likeable. I wish there are another Polian type we could get.

5 minutes ago, IinD said:

Just not to start another thread, but who's a viable option for hc college or pros?

Just want to read some replies. I honestly am no coach expert.

McDaniels

Patricia

kyle shanahan

saban 

urban meyer

I'd take Doug Marrone Jon Gruden possibly Mike Pettine cause he had the Browns D playing good while there think with a good O he could be good. Also like Hue Jackson if he were to be avaliable. Guy has no offense whatsoever to work with but he made Dalton an MVP candidate.