Do WHATEVER it takes to get Harbaugh out of Michigan

SilentHill

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, #12. said:

This job gets less attractive by the week.  Whoever steps in will basically be starting over. 

The benefit here is that he knows Luck, and the type of player that he is. Plus at least I know I can trust him to bring in the right supporting staff.

2 minutes ago, #12. said:

This job gets less attractive by the week.  Whoever steps in will basically be starting over. 

With Andrew Luck.  That alone could get a lot of people excited.

However, I'm not on the Harbaugh train.  He's not very mature and his act can divide a locker room.  I'll pass on him

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

However, I'm not on the Harbaugh train.  He's not very mature and his act can divide a locker room.  I'll pass on him

I'd much rather have him than take a chance on getting another Pagano.

3 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I hate Harbaugh but I sure as hell admire him as a coach.

He would bring toughness back to Indy in a heartbeat.

Just now, zibby43 said:

I hate Harbaugh but I sure as hell admire him as a coach.

He would bring toughness back to Indy in a heartbeat.

Only for a few years.  Then he probably has another rift with the GM because he wants more power and some of the vets get tired of his childish behaviour and you have a split locker room and you end up where the 49ers are right now

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

Only for a few years.  Then he probably has another rift with the GM because he wants more power and some of the vets get tired of his childish behaviour and you have a split locker room and you end up where the 49ers are right now

Give him the GM/Coach job, problem solved.

Nothing to lose at this point.

1 minute ago, snkdy said:

The only way I could ever see that happening is if Harbaugh manages to win the title this year and decides to come back, and even that is a stretch. I don't see him leaving Michigan for at least a few years.

They always come back :)  He still needs to get that Super Bowl Win

5 minutes ago, Irsay420 said:

he aint leaving michigan. he is LOVED in michigan. GO BLUE

I have a neighbor who's a Michigan fan(He's from Michigan), and he speaks reverently of how much the school thinks about Captain Comeback. Nigh impossible to get him away from there. I would love it if it could actually happen though!!

Maybe.  The 49ers had some head cases and a lot of early retirees, etc.

Plus they had Kaepernick.  Not Luck. 

I cannot think of any other slam dunk hires that would be remotely interested in this dumpster fire.  That's what saddens me.

Harbaugh is a pipe dream ... people need to let this go.  He is much more suited to coach college than pro ... college players really have no choice but to put up with his domineering/control freak personality and top players will deal with it 3 - 4 years for the chance to go pro  ... but, it wears thin with multi-millionaire NFL players after a while who often carry as much influence as a coach and know they can get paid elsewhere.

We probably can't get Harbaugh. Give me McDaniels and hire a young stud defensive coordinator. All of the years under Belichick, he's had to learn something.... Plus I think he would get the most out of Luck. Our offense is set.  Focus the next few drafts on defense and I think we'd be contending in no time. I think he's just waiting for the right opportunity and Luck is the right opportunity. 

Just now, jjcolts said:

They always come back :)  He still needs to get that Super Bowl Win

Harbaugh loves the control that the college environment gives him. Besides, he's basically king in Michigan right now. I don't see him coming back for a while, but I would be happy to be wrong.

What has he done to warrant being given the GM position?  What personnel moves has he made that warrant him being given control over the personnel decisions?

He's 44-19 with a Superbowl appearance and multiple title game appearances in 4 years as a NFL head coach, and he did it by turning around a broken team, utilizing players like Alex Smith to his strengths.

Give the man what he wants. What would go wrong? We gave Grigson the GM job with no GM experience and Pagano the HC job with no experience, and Monachino the DC job with no experience, so why not Harbaugh?

I ask again, what do you have to lose?

Just now, snkdy said:

Harbaugh loves the control that the college environment gives him. Besides, he's basically king in Michigan right now. I don't see him coming back for a while, but I would be happy to be wrong.

That is why give him ANYTHING lol. 

It is definitely a pipe dream for now.

4 minutes ago, jjcolts said:

I am in the bay area and the fans here are ready to Boycott their team after Harbaugh was let go.....     

They LOVE him here

I'm in the Bay Area, too, and a Stanford fan so I'm very familiar with Harbaugh. I would love to have him but if we truly wanted him, we should have jumped at the chance when he was available.

1 minute ago, snkdy said:

I'm in the Bay Area, too, and a Stanford fan so I'm very familiar with Harbaugh. I would love to have him but if we truly wanted him, we should have jumped at the chance when he was available.

I hope we don't turn into a joke like the 49ers.... their fall from grace was quick and painful.

Shows how a good coach can impact a QB.  

6 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Maybe.  The 49ers had some head cases and a lot of early retirees, etc.

Plus they had Kaepernick.  Not Luck. 

I cannot think of any other slam dunk hires that would be remotely interested in this dumpster fire.  That's what saddens me.

I think Jon Gruden and Luck could be a deadly combo.  Not saying that's who I want for head coach, but the two could be great together.

3 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

He's 44-19 with a Superbowl appearance and multiple title game appearances in 4 years as a NFL head coach, and he did it by turning around a broken team, utilizing players like Alex Smith to his strengths.

Give the man what he wants. What would go wrong? We gave Grigson the GM job with no GM experience and Pagano the HC job with no experience, and Monachino the DC job with no experience, so why not Harbaugh?

What you said are his coaching accomplishments.  He didn't build the roster.  He called the games and brought the best out of the players using his schemes.  Great coach, but we don't know how he would be at handling the draft, free agency, contracts, trades, etc. What could go wrong is you give a guy complete control, like Holmgren had in Cleveland, and he runs your franchise even further into the ground.

3 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

I want to get the right fit. I've had enough of people trying to hype big name guys. You know another person who has a really good regular season record, won playoff games, and turned around a 2-14 roster while not ever having a great roster in his entire tenure... Chuck Pagano. I want a true defensive minded coach that will bring in an offensive coordinator that can hold his own and a GM who will actually address the issues of the team.

2 minutes ago, jjcolts said:

No to Mc Daniels... Josh Mcdaniels?  the guy who drafted Tebow?

Read a few of the recent articles about him.  He's changed a lot and is very different from the guy who was hired by the Broncos in 2009.  I think he's matured a lot and could be ready for another shot as a head coach.  Not saying that's who we should go for, but he's definitely not the same guy who drafted Tebow

I think Jon Gruden and Luck could be a deadly combo.  Not saying that's who I want for head coach, but the two could be great together.

You know, Gruden is a very intriguing candidate.  I would take Gruden solely to see Spider 2 Y Banana a few times per game.