Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

...what happened?

Indyfan4life

Just now, Indyfan4life said:

I just don't get it. Defense fell to high school levels, and offense just went to sleep. 

I'm out of words and I'm out of excuses for this team. 

Something has to change. Now. 

I don't really think there is much they can do this year.  The D is just flat out terrible on an unfathomable level.  

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

I just don't get it. Defense fell to high school levels, and offense just went to sleep. 

I'm out of words and I'm out of excuses for this team. 

Something has to change. Now. 

What happened was we went to prevent D, which apparently means let them score.

This is DEFINITELY the worst loss in the Luck era. Can't think of one that's worse.

Coming into this game, about 80% of people were counting the team out, giving em no shot. They come in, play great for about 54 minutes (on the road mind you), and have this game in the bag, and pretty much just hand it back to Houston. A game in which you can CLAIM first place from the division leader after an off season and about 5 weeks of people counting you out.

Now I'm obviously still gonna root for them, but would making the playoffs (not happening btw) even matter if they get killed (which they probably will), with this porous defense and leaky Oline?

RIP 2016 Colts. Cause of death, choking.

/EndRant

Real talk I can blame the players all I want but the players didn't say "let's play 10 yards off the reciever" the entire second half and in overtime  and on offense why didn't we play no huddle when we're obviously damn near unstoppable when we go no huddle??

Just now, CanuckColtsFan said:

Our O was missing the 2,3,4 WRs at the end what is going on? Can't keep a CB on the field. I think I'm done on this board for a bit it's going to get crazy on here

yep. After tonight, I plan on only lurking at thread titles in case something interesting happens. Other then that, I would like to feel some happiness for a little while haha

5 minutes ago, sfergson727 said:

Chuck happened, that's what.  What kind of * goes for it on fourth down when you are in easy FG range with the lead?  So sick of inept coaching, and prevent defense.

The kind that understands the expected value from going for it in that position bears out the decision.

The call to go for it was fine, the play call was awful.

9 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

This is DEFINITELY the worst loss in the Luck era. Can't think of one that's worse.

Coming into this game, about 80% of people were counting the team out, giving em no shot. They come in, play great for about 54 minutes (on the road mind you), and have this game in the bag, and pretty much just hand it back to Houston. A game in which you can CLAIM first place from the division leader after an off season and about 5 weeks of people counting you out.

Now I'm obviously still gonna root for them, but would making the playoffs (not happening btw) even matter if they get killed (which they probably will), with this porous defense and leaky Oline?

RIP 2016 Colts. Cause of death, choking.

/EndRant

Pretty much how I feel. We've had some horrible losses in the Luck era, especially against teams like PITT and NE in the playoffs, but this loss seems worse. 23-9 with less than 5 minutes to go and we just completely collapse.

Chud has lost his damn mind. What happened to the Gore and Turbin HB & FB combination that was so successful early in the season?  What's with all the passes on short yardage plays?  Why did we continue to keep Doyle in to pass protect when his pass blocking was trash but his receiving was working and needed at the end???  Chud is no better than Pep Hamilton.  If memory serves me correctly, Luck's best statistical year came under Pep. And he was saddled with T Richardson and a terrible Oline.... What's Chud's excuse?

16 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

The kind that understands the expected value from going for it in that position bears out the decision.

The call to go for it was fine, the play call was awful.

The call was awful, under different circumstances I would be all for it ... but when they missed the extra point and a FG puts us up a TD, going for it is just a horrible call there.

Watching the Colts play makes watching the debates and the election headlines so much fun. It's been a long time since I've seen a team that choke in every aspect of the game even the special teams had a penalty or two we just happened to overcome. I can't begin to describe how sick and tired I am of no accountability in this organization. I just wished the fans would stay away from Lucas Oil Stadium until the dope head puts a decent team on the field. We absolutely suck from top to bottom, we're weak and get hurt every time we make a decent hit, I could go on and on and on....where's the Tylenol?