Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roethlisberger has torn meniscus

Jules

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Good news...its not season-ending....2-6 weeks depending on the outcome of the surgery is what I hear

Doesn't matter, New England still gets off easy. May as well rest Roethlisberger all season. Looks like another practice game for Tom Brady. Hell, judging by the Steelers run defense, Brady doesn't even have to show up.

1 minute ago, ReMeDy said:

Doesn't matter, New England still gets off easy. May as well rest Roethlisberger all season. Looks like another practice game for Tom Brady. Hell, judging by the Steelers run defense, Brady doesn't even have to show up.

Maybe. Lets easy up on the invincible Pats talk, though\

\

.,,don't forget that NE was supposed to go 16-0 last year because Brady was angry at the NFL...

9 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Maybe. Lets easy up on the invincible Pats talk, though\

\

.,,don't forget that NE was supposed to go 16-0 last year because Brady was angry at the NFL...

The one game I am EXPECTING them to light it up like a Christmas tree will be against the Bills in 2 weeks.  They were humilitated at home and well the D be out make Tyrod beat them with his arm and not his and McCoy legs. I suspect a 45-16 type score 

22 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Good news...its not season-ending....2-6 weeks depending on the outcome of the surgery is what I hear

Remember, there are two types of meniscus surgery... 1. a full repair like AP had.  That is 3 months or so because it requires internal healing then recovery/rehab.  2. A trim of the meniscus, like Big Ben had (outpatient).  No additional healing needed.  Just a quick snip and then rehab. And QB's can typically play earlier with it than other positions. 

The Pats game is not a division game. I fully expect Ben to play the very next game after the Steeler's bye week; which is a division game vs. the Ravens.

Should be no issue, unless a freak re-injury occurs.

On 10/17/2016 at 9:33 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

Remember, there are two types of meniscus surgery... 1. a full repair like AP had.  That is 3 months or so because it requires internal healing then recovery/rehab.  2. A trim of the meniscus, like Big Ben had (outpatient).  No additional healing needed.  Just a quick snip and then rehab. And QB's can typically play earlier with it than other positions. 

The Pats game is not a division game. I fully expect Ben to play the very next game after the Steeler's bye week; which is a division game vs. the Ravens.

Should be no issue, unless a freak re-injury occurs.

He's out at least 4-6 weeks.  Initially they said 2-3 weeks(which is hard to do).  Most players that opt for this kind of repair miss at least 4 weeks probably more along the lines of 6.  Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook had the same surgery done and they were both out 6 weeks.  I'd be shocked if Ben only misses 2-3. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17831596/pittsburgh-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-4-6-weeks

3 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

He's out at least 4-6 weeks.  Initially they said 2-3 weeks(which is hard to do).  Most players that opt for this kind of repair miss at least 4 weeks probably more along the lines of 6.  Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook had the same surgery done and they were both out 6 weeks.  I'd be shocked if Ben only misses 2-3. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17831596/pittsburgh-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-4-6-weeks

I still stick by end of 3rd week, when they play Ravens.  QB's can return from this quicker than a RB, WR, or NBA player.  My only sticking point now is the surgeon saying he found 'other stuff' in there from last years bone bruise.  So what was that, and what was the remedy?  That is the wrench in the works here that might give pause to Ben returning too early, nothing beyond that. Because we just happen to have a real life example of an NFL quarterback who underwent a partial meniscectomy for a lateral meniscus tear just like Big Ben's. 

EJ Manuel sustained his injury in the second preseason game of his rookie year on a Saturday night 8/16/13 and underwent surgery the following day.  He started the Buffalo Bills season opener on 9/8/13 – only 22 days later and passed for 18 of 27 for 150 yards with 2 TDs against the Patriots. 

So it is very possible for Ben to play, as long as that 'other stuff' isn't a deal breaker.  But until it is disclosed (and may never be) what it actually is, we don't know.  Could be from 3 weeks (more probable) to 3 months (much less likely) or in between.

I'll stick to the Ravens game return unless more (unfavorable news) leaks out about it.

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I still stick by end of 3rd week, when they play Ravens.  QB's can return from this quicker than a RB, WR, or NBA player.  My only sticking point now is the surgeon saying he found 'other stuff' in there from last years bone bruise.  So what was that, and what was the remedy?  That is the wrench in the works here that might give pause to Ben returning too early, nothing beyond that. Because we just happen to have a real life example of an NFL quarterback who underwent a partial meniscectomy for a lateral meniscus tear just like Big Ben's. 

EJ Manuel sustained his injury in the second preseason game of his rookie year on a Saturday night 8/16/13 and underwent surgery the following day.  He started the Buffalo Bills season opener on 9/8/13 – only 22 days later and passed for 18 of 27 for 150 yards with 2 TDs against the Patriots. 

So it is very possible for Ben to play, as long as that 'other stuff' isn't a deal breaker.  But until it is disclosed (and may never be) what it actually is, we don't know.  Could be from 3 weeks (more probable) to 3 months (much less likely) or in between.

I'll stick to the Ravens game return unless more (unfavorable news) leaks out about it.

That's very true about Manuel but Ben's no spring chicken.  Maybe you're right but I'll believe it when I see it.  I think it'll be 4-6.