Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Beckham Proves He Is Still A Child

King Colt

With 1:24 left to play Manning connects with Beckham and on his way to the end zone he switches the ball from his left arm next to the sideline to his right hand and does not tuck it rather he holds it in his right hand out with a defender #41 within a hands reach of him. Then, once he scores he removes his helmet  and waves his arm twice as to say" I don't give a damn about a penalty". Bang! 15 yard penalty! Then he goes to the net which he banged his empty head and poses for the media. So the little bleached blonde still believes being a child among men is somehow advantageous to the team. Terrell Owens must be his daddy.

I love watching this kid play, so I'm biased, but I don't think the antics are a big deal. The penalties for excessive celebration make the game less fun to watch, at least for me. Also, he specifically left the field of play before he took off his helmet so I'm not sure why that was a flag.

That penalty was absurd. I don't see the NFL's competition committee allowing these penalties to continue. It's a little too much. Sexual or obscene gestures are one thing, but taking off your helmet and running to the sideline shouldn't be a flag. 

7 minutes ago, snkdy said:

I love watching this kid play, so I'm biased, but I don't think the antics are a big deal. The penalties for excessive celebration make the game less fun to watch, at least for me. Also, he specifically left the field of play before he took off his helmet so I'm not sure why that was a flag.

6 minutes ago, Solon said:

That penalty was absurd. I don't see the NFL's competition committee allowing these penalties to continue. It's a little too much. Sexual or obscene gestures are one thing, but taking off your helmet and running to the sideline shouldn't be a flag. 

While I love the talent and what he can do on the field I don't care for the look at me attitude.

He has a monster game so why do something to hurt your team by antics when you already know you are being watched because of the past couple of weeks?

When you show boat it draws the attention you crave but sometimes in the wrong way.

A great player? Yes.  A man child? Yes.

What I love is Vernon Davis drawing the excessive celebration penalty for taking a jump shot with the football using it as a 'prop'.  Yet a few weeks earlier Bortles kicks the ball into the stands and it is all good.  Football as a 'prop' is okay if you pretend it is a soccer ball, not okay if you pretend it is a basketball?

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

While I love the talent and what he can do on the field I don't care for the look at me attitude.

He has a monster game so why do something to hurt your team by antics when you already know you are being watched because of the past couple of weeks?

When you show boat it draws the attention you crave but sometimes in the wrong way.

I think he's selfish to a certain extent, but what he did wasn't a flag. He simply took his helmet off in the endzone and ran to his sideline immediately after scoring. Is he too caught up in himself? Yes. Is he a man child? No. 

10 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I respect your opinion, and I do get what you're saying, but for me personally, show-boating isn't an tissue if the player has the talent to back it up. I enjoy watching them celebrate. It makes the game more entertaining.

6 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

What I love is Vernon Davis drawing the excessive celebration penalty for taking a jump shot with the football using it as a 'prop'.  Yet a few weeks earlier Bortles kicks the ball into the stands and it is all good.  Football as a 'prop' is okay if you pretend it is a soccer ball, not okay if you pretend it is a basketball?

Really good point.

3 minutes ago, Solon said:

I think he's selfish to a certain extent, but what he did wasn't a flag. He simply took his helmet off in the endzone and ran to his sideline immediately after scoring. Is he too caught up in himself? Yes. Is he a man child? No. 

To a certain extent? You really think so? :scratch:----:)

I guess I am too old school about letting your play on the field do your talking for you. I jus don't fit in with this me, me, me, look at me world.

Also, it is a penalty to take your helmet off on the field.

I guess I am too old school about letting your play on the field do your talking for you. I jus don't fit in with this me, me, me, look at me world.

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Technically,  he wasn't on the field.   He was out of the endzone.    

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Technically,  he wasn't on the field.   He was out of the endzone.    

54 minutes ago, King Colt said:

With 1:24 left to play Manning connects with Beckham and on his way to the end zone he switches the ball from his left arm next to the sideline to his right hand and does not tuck it rather he holds it in his right hand out with a defender #41 within a hands reach of him. Then, once he scores he removes his helmet  and waves his arm twice as to say" I don't give a damn about a penalty". Bang! 15 yard penalty! Then he goes to the net which he banged his empty head and poses for the media. So the little bleached blonde still believes being a child among men is somehow advantageous to the team. Terrell Owens must be his daddy.

Give me a child on the colts that dominates the way he can anyday

Beckham is like Steve Smith...very aggressive wide receiver, would not get away with half the stuff he does if it weren't for playing in the era where pass happy offenses are the norm and rules are changed to benefit the pass. He and Smith never would have lasted 30 years ago, when pass interference was called more on the offense than defense. The push offs, and shoving defenders down clearly benefits that they play in today's era. 

With that said, his problem is that he is rattled mentally very easily. Josh Norman proved this to the world, how easy it is to knock him off mentally and he loses his cool. If he could contain himself and not lose his cool so much, he would be OK. 

When Beckham is frustrated, he can't help himself but to shove defenders down, commit penalties and do ridiculous stuff in general. He lacks patience is so easy to shake down with trash talk. 

I like watching him play.  Period.   He had an incredible game today.

I don't know why OR how  players are supposed to contain their excitement after making huge plays like he did today.   Two incredible high yardage TD's for him.  Great stuff.  

Now, having said that...  He does take things to extremes,   the talking to the kicking net had me :scratch:    How Bizarre...   :nutz:  

Taking the helmet off out of the endzone and running down the sideline,  I personally thought was okay.  

22 minutes ago, snkdy said:

I respect your opinion, and I do get what you're saying, but for me personally, show-boating isn't an tissue if the player has the talent to back it up. I enjoy watching them celebrate. It makes the game more entertaining.

I don't mind show-boating, as long as it's not the QB who does it. The QB is the role model for the organization, and the poster boy for their advertisements and such. Which is why I hate Tom Brady.

1 minute ago, ReMeDy said:

I don't mind show-boating, as long as it's not the QB who does it. The QB is the role model for the organization, and the poster boy for their advertisements and such. Which is why I hate Tom Brady.

haha Seems reasonable. I know that's why a lot of people had an issue with Cam last year, but I don't really mind if a QB does it either.

"Professional", repeat, "professional" players are responsible for making plays and behaving in a manner that promotes one thing....winning, winning and winning. OBJ is a self-engrossed punk with talent. He knew he put his team in danger of losing the game by taking his helmet off. He knew it!! But because he craves attention like a little boy he made the conscious decision to put the camera on himself regardless of the consequences. Certainly, had the Giants lost yesterday what do you think the talk shows would be talking about on Monday? He is on a roster because of his talent and sadly so are criminals. Money not integrity, is the prime motivator and you know that is not the best message the professional sports world can send.   

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

"Professional", repeat, "professional" players are responsible for making plays and behaving in a manner that promotes one thing....winning, winning and winning. OBJ is a self-engrossed punk with talent. He knew he put his team in danger of losing the game by taking his helmet off. He knew it!! But because he craves attention like a little boy he made the conscious decision to put the camera on himself regardless of the consequences. Certainly, had the Giants lost yesterday what do you think the talk shows would be talking about on Monday? He is on a roster because of his talent and sadly so are criminals. Money not integrity, is the prime motivator and you know that is not the best message the professional sports world can send.   

But taunting by gronk is totally acceptable.    Get real.

If this were any other player, you'd never know it would have happened.  Honestly, people are getting their panties in a bunch a little to much about this kid.  So he hurts his team from time to time.  They're still better off with him than without him.  That's just how this goes.  Right or wrong.