Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Archer's Current Mock Off-Season

I admit it, I always have a running mock for next year (and a general plan for the year after).  Here's my current thoughts.  First off, my assumption at the moment is that we spend the year chasing the Texans and end up 7-9 or 8-8.  If we win in Houston this weekend, that changes and my assumption will be that we are a playoff team that doesn't go very far (drafting something like 23rd).  Anyway, here it is:

FA signing: CB Dre Kirkpatrick (Bengals)

Inside FAs re-signed: Walden, Kerr, Harrison, Todman, McNary

Salary cap cuts: D'Qwell, Jones

Inside FAs not re-signed: Thornton, Mathis, Butler, Cole, Adams, Ayers

Round 1) Derek Barnett, OLB, Tennessee.  I'm totally sold on this guy.  Way more than a great pass-rusher - he's a great all-round player.

Round 2) Jarrad Davis, ILB, Florida.  If he's not available, maybe Zach Cunningham of Vandy.  We need lots more talent at LB.

Round 3) Sony Michel, RB, Georgia.  He's a back-up, but he's an impressive back.  Fast, and a great receiver.

Round 4) Jake Replogle, DL, Purdue.  Fits our scheme as a DE pretty well.  Trying to keep a strong area strong.

Round 4 - Compensatory) Chidobe Awuzle, CB, Colorado.  We need to add CB depth, even after bringing in Kirkpatrick as a FA.

Round 5) Erik Magnuson, OL, Michigan.  I like him as a Ryan Diem-like OG, for RG depth. 

Round 6) DeJuan Rogers, S, Toledo.  Would like another OLB, but everyone left would be a JAG.

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 1:16 PM, stitches said:

I like the first two picks. I like Wayne Gallman more than Michel in the 3d round range. I don't have opinion on the rest(need to watch more) :)

Yeah,  Gallman is my 2nd choice there.  I admit that I'm enticed by Michel's speed.  We've lacked big plays from the RB position for a long time, so I'd like to have an RB that can turn one of our 8-yd gains into a 40-yard gain.

8 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

We're going to have a pretty large amount of salary cap space.  Even with those internal re-signings and Dre Kirkpactrick there should be a good amount left.  You going to leave that all on the table?

I would use the rest to pick up at least 1 starter either at DT/NT or ILB (preferably ILB). Those guys don't fetch as much of a premium as OLB, CB on the FA Market and the positional scarcity isn't as bad as it is for OLB, CB after the first couple rounds.