Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You Know Kravitz Has Done This Before?/who Leaves First? (Merge)

Coltsagent

Lets revist some history...Kravitz starts working for the Rocky Mountain News after various other gigs including getting canned from ESPN and started covering the Denver Broncos in Jan 1996. That year was the first year of HC Shanahan, they went 13-3 that year with Elway with the #1 seed in the AFC and thought it was Elway's best chance to finnally win a ring. They lost to the Jags in the division round and were one and done. Kravitz wrote this article the next day:

http://www.highbeam....1-67646965.html

Two years laters Elway wins back to back rings and a year after that Kravitz pens this article:

http://www.highbeam....1-81022815.html

I think its time for the Star to clean some house too.

Lets revist some history...Kravitz starts working for the Rocky Mountain News after various other gigs including getting canned from ESPN and started covering the Denver Broncos in Jan 1996. That year was the first year of HC Shanahan, they went 13-3 that year with Elway with the #1 seed in the AFC and thought it was Elway's best chance to finnally win a ring. They lost to the Jags in the division round and were one and done. Kravitz wrote this article the next day:

http://www.highbeam....1-67646965.html

Two years laters Elway wins back to back rings and a year after that Kravitz pens this article:

http://www.highbeam....1-81022815.html

I think its time for the Star to clean some house too.

Thanks for posting this now I know why I dislike him so much. :evil: Looks as though he hasn't changed his type of reporting at all. No wonder Polian and him had problems and maybe now I can understand why. :drama:

Kravitz or Manning?

If we all go to the Star's forum and complain about Bob as much as people complained about Caldwell maybe we can end the invented news.

Manning. How is this even a question. Just because Kravitz is opinionated doesnt mean he's gonna get fired for it. Manning will be let go because he will not be healthy enough come March 8th.

A beat writer has NOTHING to do with the fact that peyton is stressed out about this situation. You guys can call him out for all his op-ed's you didn't like, but there is no doubt about what's going on, and he's just the messenger in this instance. Sooner or later the "horseshoe" issue is going to come front and center, and today Peyton and Irsay both made a power play.

I'm trying to avoid getting in this too much because I've been called out for implying that this is where it was all going. I don't like this because Peyton v. Colts is a bad thing.

Manning. How is this even a question. Just because Kravitz is opinionated doesnt mean he's gonna get fired for it. Manning will be let go because he will not be healthy enough come March 8th.

Manning will be let go if he is not healthy. No one knows what will happen. To answer the OP, I don't think there's much question to it. Manning would definitely leave Indy first, be that either by signing with another team or retiring. Kravitz will most likely be writing for longer.

Very well done. Kravitz will take a small thread of truth and twist it into something that doesn't resemble the facts. I cancelled my star subscription 2 years ago and advocate others to do the same. He writes with a poison pen and is the ultimate purveyor of gossip. He creates stories where none are present. He's doing the clasic "telling" each party something about the other that is not accurate and letting cronies like JMV further the lie rather than call out a fellow journalist.

Yes, Peyton is stressed about the situation, as is Irsay most likely....but in this modern day age of "journalism"....Kraptiz gets paid to write stuff that will get people riled up. The newspaper is a dying industry, even online (if it's free like IndyStar) so they press on their columnists to write the most sensationalistic articles they can to draw national...errrrr...ESPN's attention. The "worldwide leader" then runs with it (saw it on the ticker tonight....Irsay calls Peyton a "politician", blah blah blah) It sucks b/c I bet Manning and Irsay really didn't want this to play out in the crazy media frenzy. Manning was just venting some frustrations with the changes but has reiterated he wants to be a Colt till the end, but that is negated by Krapitz's constant "Manning is done in Indy" reports and the rest of the NFL beat writers. And Irsay bit today...he's more media savvy but should have kept his mouth shut, IMO...Truth be told? We don't know a dang thing as to what is going to happen to Peyton. It may be a big smokescreen. It may be true (Manning gone). It may be the Colts try to restructure his contract, or release him pending the physical March 8th and resign him to a much lower contract...who knows??

But my point remains....both parties need to stop talking to the media and get together and work something out....

A beat writer has NOTHING to do with the fact that peyton is stressed out about this situation. You guys can call him out for all his op-ed's you didn't like, but there is no doubt about what's going on, and he's just the messenger in this instance. Sooner or later the "horseshoe" issue is going to come front and center, and today Peyton and Irsay both made a power play.

I'm trying to avoid getting in this too much because I've been called out for implying that this is where it was all going. I don't like this because Peyton v. Colts is a bad thing.

I reread Peyton's interview and looked at Irsay's statement made thursday evening. There is no Peyton vs. the Colts. They are on the same page. They both say the same thing. Kravitz verbal comments about the interview were over the top displaying Peyton as upbeat and at peace. "happier than he's ever seen hime" according to Kravitz. Stress in these situations is normal and nothing to write home about. Kravitz is implying a major discord between Peyton and Irsay. Based on the interviews and press conferences it is not apparent. ...unless you're a dispicable sports writer that fabricates confrontation where none exists.

Very well done. Kravitz will take a small thread of truth and twist it into something that doesn't resemble the facts. I cancelled my star subscription 2 years ago and advocate others to do the same. He writes with a poison pen and is the ultimate purveyor of gossip. He creates stories where none are present. He's doing the clasic "telling" each party something about the other that is not accurate and letting cronies like JMV further the lie rather than call out a fellow journalist.

Hey now, JMV is a stand up guy. He does not get his info from Krapitz only...He was the first to break the story about Manning's fusion surgery, and other stories well before other local outlets got them....heck if anything he's not a huge fan of Krapitz....He has (well had) sources inside the Colts organization and speaks his best version of the truth...FYI, when he was at 1260, he referred to Kravitz as the "merm" (man perm)...He does his best to get the facts right and then comment.

I reread Peyton's interview and looked at Irsay's statement made thursday evening. There is no Peyton vs. the Colts. They are on the same page. They both say the same thing. Kravitz verbal comments about the interview were over the top displaying Peyton as upbeat and at peace. "happier than he's ever seen hime" according to Kravitz. Stress in these situations is normal and nothing to write home about. Kravitz is implying a major discord between Peyton and Irsay. Based on the interviews and press conferences it is not apparent. ...unless you're a dispicable sports writer that fabricates confrontation where none exists.

The pull quotes were Peyton saying the environment was unhealthy at the facility, and Irsay in the middle of a bit of a tangent calling Peyton a "Politician". Are you surprised the media is making hay out of this? I'm not, and its a side circus to what's going on with the team.

Hey now, JMV is a stand up guy. He does not get his info from Krapitz only...He was the first to break the story about Manning's fusion surgery, and other stories well before other local outlets got them....heck if anything he's not a huge fan of Krapitz....He has (well had) sources inside the Colts organization and speaks his best version of the truth...FYI, when he was at 1260, he referred to Kravitz as the "merm" (man perm)...He does his best to get the facts right and then comment.

I don't know much about JMV (I live in Bama), but the one time I did listen to him on the 1070 app he had us getting our GM from the Packers and Fisher as our HC. Not sure if his 'sources' are from inside the Colts or from an Ouija board.

But I agree with his opinion of Kravitz.

I don't know much about JMV (I live in Bama), but the one time I did listen to him on the 1070 app he had us getting our GM from the Packers and Fisher as our HC. Not sure if his 'sources' are from inside the Colts or from an Ouija board.

But I agree with his opinion of Kravitz.

heck...at that time anything was possible. It was an educated guess....Others in Indy had the same opinions..It was a crap shoot at the time. Oh....how hindsight is 20/20

Kravitz or Manning?

If we all go to the Star's forum and complain about Bob as much as people complained about Caldwell maybe we can end the invented news.

Kravitz is doing a good job creating buzz for his employer. This is a case where complaining would not cause the Star to muzzle or dump him. He's bringing eyeballs to their product.

Ridiculous. Kravitz has done exactly what he is supposed to do. His job is to tell us what he thinks of a given situation. On top of that, is he really wrong? Both Manning and Irsay probably should have kept their thoughts out of the spotlight. But that is their fault - not Kravitz.

Ridiculous. Kravitz has done exactly what he is supposed to do. His job is to tell us what he thinks of a given situation. On top of that, is he really wrong? Both Manning and Irsay probably should have kept their thoughts out of the spotlight. But that is their fault - not Kravitz.

Agreed. Kravitz is not a reporter for the Indystar. Kravitz is a columnist like Bill Simmons for ESPN. His job is to tell us what he thinks.

Now with that said people are getting upset and misdirecting their anger. They shoul dnot be angry at Kravitz over this. He is just quoting Irsay and Manning. If people wnt to be mad they should be mad at them two not Kravitz. Kravitz has not put any spin on what he has quoted.

Heck if he did why would Peyton contact Kravitz again afte Irsay's comments?

I think people are just not handling Peyton's eventual departure well and have to find someone to blame other then Irsay.

You Kravitz haters are embarrassing yourselves. Seriously, you are doing exactly what his articles are intended to do. Create controversy, and you people can't get enough of it because it gives you something to complain about. Its downright comical the way you haters are reacting to the things he writes.

exactly.....

The main problem with this whole mess is, that Kravitz is stirring up things too early.

Does anyone knows, if Peyton would be healthy and 100% for the next season?

I thing its sensless and harmfull to cry wolf (Manning is done @ Indy), whitout knowing he would be ready for next season. What next article would be??? "Peyton is done @ Indy, he throws out his old shoes!"????

These articles force Manning and Irsay to an early and unconfortable negotiation, demanded with akward guessing like "Irsay is angry with Manning".

Thing shouldnt have gone such bad.

The main problem with this whole mess is, that Kravitz is stirring up things too early.

Does anyone knows, if Peyton would be healthy and 100% for the next season?

I thing its sensless and harmfull to cry wolf (Manning is done @ Indy), whitout knowing he would be ready for next season. What next article would be??? "Peyton is done @ Indy, he throws out his old shoes!"????

These articles force Manning and Irsay to an early and unconfortable negotiation, demanded with akward guessing like "Irsay is angry with Manning".

Thing shouldnt have gone such bad.

It don't matter if he's ready by next season, it only matters if he's ready by march 8th and its becoming obvious that he won't be. Therefore its a pretty good assumption that he won't be back.

Everyone has an opinion on Kravitz and his reporting style. Some may not like him because he is somewhat unconventional is how he approaches a story. That's what he does - writes from a perspective and he inserts opinions in his pieces. If you like what he writes, you like him and the opposite is true if you don'k like his perspective. Many writers and other people for that matter, have been fired or asked to leave for a number of reasons and Kravitz is certainly no exception. Bill Polian, despite his football accomplishments has been fired three (3) times - wonder what that says about him.

Some people have not moved on from the fact that Polian nor Caldwell nor (insert your favorite Colts coach or player that is or will no longer be with the team in 2012) is employed by the Colts and IMO will take any and all opportunities to take a swipe at the organization and its new leadership. For those of you who won't'/can't face the reality that it is a new era of Colts football, please accept that it IS a new era and living in the past is a no win situation.

It don't matter if he's ready by next season, it only matters if he's ready by march 8th and its becoming obvious that he won't be. Therefore its a pretty good assumption that he won't be back.

How in the world is it becoming obvious? Everyone is saying the exact same thing that they've always said regarding his health: nobody knows when it will be better and he's progressing and rehabbing as usual. How is that "becoming obvious that he won't be" healthy?? Besides what YOUR OPINION is, you have nothing to back up the claim that he won't be healthy by March 8th.

How in the world is it becoming obvious? Everyone is saying the exact same thing that they've always said regarding his health: nobody knows when it will be better and he's progressing and rehabbing as usual. How is that "becoming obvious that he won't be" healthy?? Besides what YOUR OPINION is, you have nothing to back up the claim that he won't be healthy by March 8th.

Because you split it up into two parts

What makes you think there is a good chance of Manning returning?

What makes you think there is a good chance of Manning not returning?

Then you look at which one outweights the other. Right now more arrows point at the latter. Anyone can be wrong, but you can make a pretty good guess.