Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Crowd at Bears Game

ColtsSouljah

1 hour ago, pgt_rob said:

Lots of Bears fans here in Fort Wayne that I've noticed too. 

Bears were here first.

Fort Wayne might have one of the more dynamic mix of football fans anywhere. I know Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, Bears, Bengals, Lions fans. And a few Colts fans too.

13 hours ago, dudeski said:

Colts have a very weak fanbase.  It is embarrassing to see at games

I would tend to agree with this, I'd probably be a little more diplomatic about the phrasing though LOL. Whenever I watch a team like Bills or the Browns, regardless of how good they are, I always think "Wow, that's a FIRED UP crowd." Same with teams like the Jets, Bengals, Packers, Pats, Seahawks, etc. There's no one sitting down, everyone's up and they're LOUD. Indy fans, not so much. Actually, the last time I went to a Colts home game I had fans asking me to sit down. That's about as lame as it gets.

This dude always brings it though, so I give props to him.

play_g_coltsfan_gb1_576.jpg

3 hours ago, Restored said:

I've been to every home game so far this year and it's been embarrassing to say the least. San Diego was the ONLY game where it felt like a true home game. Detroit had a ton of fans as did Chicago. As tough as this is to say, Indianapolis fans have ALWAYS been a fickle fan base with both the Colts and Pacers. If the team isn't projected to do very well or is actually doing well, fans sell their tickets off.

A lot of STHs are actually ticket brokers.  This is true in every city.

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have been to over at least 40 home games in my lifetime since the team moved here in 1984 and we have one of the loudest crowds and a ton of didicated fans. Your Post is a Troll Post, you have no idea what you are talking about because I have seen our crowds 1st hand a bunch.

This^ And the Bears fans #'s had everything to do with proximity of Chicago in relation to Naptown, and the fact this past weekend the Bears lost to the Colts in Indy for the first time in a very long time. 

My buddy and I wanted to go to the game, but tickets were just to high priced. He's a bears fan and I use to be a Colts sth. On Sunday before the jags game cheapest I could wss $190 for 1 ticket in the nose bleeds. In Monday after the jags game I could've got tickets in the 400's for $93. There was 800-1000 available then. By Sunday morning there was less then 100 available and they were back up to 175. There were no hotel rooms available within 5mi of the LOS so we decided to just save the 8hrs around trip drive and the money and watch game at home.

5 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I would tend to agree with this, I'd probably be a little more diplomatic about the phrasing though LOL. Whenever I watch a team like Bills or the Browns, regardless of how good they are, I always think "Wow, that's a FIRED UP crowd." Same with teams like the Jets, Bengals, Packers, Pats, Seahawks, etc. There's no one sitting down, everyone's up and they're LOUD. Indy fans, not so much. Actually, the last time I went to a Colts home game I had fans asking me to sit down. That's about as lame as it gets.

I was asked to sit down once by fans in Baltimore. I've been to at least 10 other NFL stadiums. They all have a ton of fans sitting down and not yelling.  Standing and yelling has almost nothing to do with the strength of the fan base. 

I can only refer to my recent trip to London, and there were Colts fans everywhere, and tried their best to cheer the team at the game.

We even met some Colts fans at the Glasgow Rocks BBL basketball game last Sunday night.

It can be frustrating when other fans do not agree with your style of supporting the team, but that is always likely to happen when thousands of people come together for a game.

On a side note the BBC NFL highlight programme this week did not show any othe the Bears game during their highlight package. Was the game that bad there were no highlights to show or is there a BBC conspiracy against Colts (lol).

Keep believing and supporting the Colts

16 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah Bears fans seem to have a more rowdy, vocal and overall a more loyal fan base.  More annoying yes, but not as near stuck up and prissy as many Colts fans.  I've been to Colts games and some people in the lower level area eyeball me, and almost seem like they want to grab security whenever I scream after a good play or cheer loudly for the D.  I've sat at the top in the bleachers and nose bleeds and didn't have that problem at least.  Seems like the lower levels are packed to the brim with many stuck up people.  Drop an occasional bad word and whoa, people act like they've never heard it before lol.  

Maybe I was just unlucky but I know others that have ran into similar problems at Colts games.  That's why I just prefer to go to a bar, a buddies house, or just stay at home and watch the games.  I've been to Pacers games and never seem to have had that problem and prefer Pacers games over Colts games.  I like to actually get loud while many Colts fans aren't vocal at all and just give out a few claps.  

In the interest of full disclose, I will admit that I have never had the pleasure of attending a LIVE Colts game at either the RCA Dome or LOS. However, I do DVR all the INDY games religiously & never miss a game. If my schedule ever does allow me to do so, I hope I sit next to you M-432. I like fans that get into games & don't sit there like they are at an orchestra performance or something. I'm respectful of the people around me sure, but if we make a great tackle on third down or a pick 6 all the way to the house, I would let my approval be known by everybody around me. 

I'm with ya M-432. I like to watch Colts games where I can get as intense as I want. A fan is supposed to do that. Not sit there like you're at a snobbish, wine tasting contest. I'm glad to hear Pacer games are an enjoyable experience for you too. 

7 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I mean this non controversially, but it's a very upper middle class, middle age, white crowd generally. It's not the rowdiest crowd at all. It's actually kind of uninspiring at times. Like being told to sit down, that is lame. 

7 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I'm in no position of authority to address the ambiance or crowd at LOS. However, I do wonder how heavy all that costume Colts gear is. Even light weight plastic can become cumbersome, if you pile enough of it on. His creativity is off the charts though. I agree 100% SS. 

21 hours ago, dudeski said:

Colts have a very weak fanbase.  It is embarrassing to see at games

More nonsense.

If I recall the Colts got accused of piping in crowd noise just to be proved wrong. That was in the RCA dome. The lay out of LOS is almost two times as big as the RCA dome so it effects how loud the crowd is.

21 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

Bulls were also in town last weekend so I'm sure that helped increase the Chicago fanbase, allowing the hardcore sports fans to get in a full weekend of Indy vs Chicago sports...

Plus there are still those fans that were Bears fans prior to Colts moving to Indy...

This is true. Indy was basically a Bears town before the Colts came. My parents were huge Bear fans and no matter where the Bears played it was on TV because of it. The Bears used to have their training camp in Rensselaer Indiana at St. Joseph.

36 minutes ago, MTC said:

I have no inside knowledge, but maybe Colts fans don't want to go the game with Pagano and Grigson still in charge. Think of it as a protest.

The tickets were already purchased before the season.

With one thing in mind a lot of fans buy season tickets who really cant afford them and recoup some of their money by selling tickets on stub hub or other sites.

On a different note does ticket scalping effect the buying and selling tickets to other fans bases? Ticket scalping is not illegal in Indiana like other NFL cities.

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah not even being biased but I have the Pacers rated as the 2nd best team in the East. They may give the Cavs a scare in the Playoffs. Pacers are loaded with depth and have a SuperStar in George.

Celtics might improve too?

But, all the way Lebron and Lebron all the way. lmao 

A few have mentioned our quiet fanbase at times but man oh man I think it depends on the game too. I was lucky enough to go to the 2007 Colts/Pats game when both teams were unbeaten and in the old dome it was LOUD. We tore the roof off vocally. On the first or second play Mathis sacked Brady and the place ERUPTED. Good times!!! I was loud too. I stood up and did a little shimmying. lmao 

Bears DO have a have a vocal rowdy fanbase though who drinks a lot of beer. lmao I remember Saints fans before the SB in early 2007 coming to our forums and being like "Please beat them.........they are disgusting and offensive." lmao 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have Celtics rated 3rd slightly ahead of Raptors in the East.

Yeah I keep waiting for the Celtics to "get going" but injuries often hurt them too. They should be better defensively though this year. And they can't often find that super star scorer they need which is why they went after Durant to the point they got Brady and Ortiz to try and court him LOL. I have a crush forever on Brad Stevens so........lmao 

If the Cavs stay healthy they will win the East. They are returning the same starting lineup I believe. 

I wonder how the Bulls will be this year with Wade too but he is getting old.......

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

A few have mentioned our quiet fanbase at times but man oh man I think it depends on the game too. I was lucky enough to go to the 2007 Colts/Pats game when both teams were unbeaten and in the old dome it was LOUD. We tore the root off vocally. On the first or second play Mathis sacked Brady and the place ERUPTED. Good times!!! I was loud too. I stood up and did a little shimmying. lmao 

Bears DO have a have a vocal rowdy fanbase though who drinks a lot of beer. lmao I remember Saints fans before the SB in early 2007 coming to our forums and being like "Please beat them.........they are disgusting and offensive." lmao 

I actually wanted the Saints in 2006/2007 as well. I like Drew Brees but the Bears clobbered them. At least we took care of them.

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

Yeah I keep waiting for the Celtics to "get going" but injuries often hurt them too. They should be better defensively though this year. And they can't often find that super star scorer they need which is why they went after Durant to the point they got Brady and Ortiz to try and court him LOL. I have a crush forever on Brad Stevens so........lmao 

If the Cavs stay healthy they will win the East. They are returning the same starting lineup I believe. 

I wonder how the Bulls will be this year with Wade too but he is getting old.......

Brad is a hell of a Coach, they picked Horford up which will help.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually wanted the Saints in 2006/2007 as well. I like Drew Brees but the Bears clobbered them. At least we took care of them.

I had picked the Bears for that NFCCG. I saw the forecast of snow and said "Yep.....Bears" lmao 

And that might be the most confident I ever was heading into a big game. I had no doubt we would beat the Bears. Even after the opening kick off by Hester I was still highly confident.

The real Super Bowl was Colts/Pats that year.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brad is a hell of a Coach, they picked Horford up which will help.

And he is absolutely gorgeous.

Okay joking about that to those who don't detect sarcasm. I just like him, he is the best nerd. lmao And he is like 40 now but looks 25 still. lmao 

Just now, Jules said:

I had picked the Bears for that NFCCG. I saw the forecast of snow and said "Yep.....Bears" lmao 

And that might be the most confident I ever was heading into a big game. I had no doubt we would beat the Bears. Even after the opening kick off by Hester I was still highly confident.

The real Super Bowl was Colts/Pats that year.

I agree the Colts/Pats was the SB. Rex Grossman wasn't winning no SuperBowl and the Saints just weren't ready yet.

Steelers are a team I hate to host. Sigh. I always expect that terrible towel crap to be in droves and screaming at the top of their lungs.

Pittsburgh Steelers can honestly make me get hives. lmao I get so nervous about them.......

19 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah Bears fans seem to have a more rowdy, vocal and overall a more loyal fan base.  More annoying yes, but not as near stuck up and prissy as many Colts fans.  I've been to Colts games and some people in the lower level area eyeball me, and almost seem like they want to grab security whenever I scream after a good play or cheer loudly for the D.  I've sat at the top in the bleachers and nose bleeds and didn't have that problem at least.  Seems like the lower levels are packed to the brim with many stuck up people.  Drop an occasional bad word and whoa, people act like they've never heard it before lol.  

Maybe I was just unlucky but I know others that have ran into similar problems at Colts games.  That's why I just prefer to go to a bar, a buddies house, or just stay at home and watch the games.  I've been to Pacers games and never seem to have had that problem and prefer Pacers games over Colts games.  I like to actually get loud while many Colts fans aren't vocal at all and just give out a few claps.  

This is the truth. I noticed the very same thing at the game I attended awhile back.  Most were quiet while the team was on defense until 3rd downs when the announcer was like "It's thiiiiiird dooooooown!"  The game I went to was during the Manning era so I understand why everyone was quite on offense.  Lol.  I found them to be a rather calm and docile crowd overall. I still enjoyed my experience though. 

I think folks get touchy if you talk about their fan base, but I definitely think Indy fans are a tad bit tame if the team isn't doing great. Not a knock at all honestly, different strokes different folks, just a personal observation from going to some games with friends who were fans of our opponents.

But I've also noticed it's the lowers that seem tamer.

Nothing wrong with our fans though. I prefer them as opposed to the games I've gone to in Baltimore, NE, Pitt, Wash and NY to name a few.

On 10/12/2016 at 9:12 PM, Buck Showalter said:

Bulls were also in town last weekend so I'm sure that helped increase the Chicago fanbase, allowing the hardcore sports fans to get in a full weekend of Indy vs Chicago sports...

Plus there are still those fans that were Bears fans prior to Colts moving to Indy...

That's true.  Before the Colts were here, many people were Bears fans.  Some still have season tickets to Bears games.

Also though, last month I was driving to Indy from Chicago and  I saw a lot of Colts fans on the road heading from Chicago to Indy for the game.

It's an unusual situation but generally I think a lot of people like both teams.  And Colts and Bears fans generally get along.  That's why the lead up to the Colts Bears super bowl was friendlier than you usually see.  

But Bears fans do travel. When they were redoing soldier field, they had the games in Champaign at the U of I and the season ticket holders showed up in force.

2 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

This is the truth. I noticed the very same thing at the game I attended awhile back.  Most were quiet while the team was on defense until 3rd downs when the announcer was like "It's thiiiiiird dooooooown!"  The game I went to was during the Manning era so I understand why everyone was quite on offense.  Lol.  I found them to be a rather calm and docile crowd overall. I still enjoyed my experience though. 

Right on!  Ohh yeah I hear ya there I do still enjoy the experience but I agree, many Colts fans are very docile.  Southwest made a great analogy, it was almost like they were at an orchestra, not an NFL game.  I understand also there might be less vocal, docile fans out there and that's fine but when they start to look at people who are loud and get into the game like they're Godzilla, that really grinds my gears haha

4 hours ago, southwest1 said:

In the interest of full disclose, I will admit that I have never had the pleasure of attending a LIVE Colts game at either the RCA Dome or LOS. However, I do DVR all the INDY games religiously & never miss a game. If my schedule ever does allow me to do so, I hope I sit next to you M-432. I like fans that get into games & don't sit there like they are at an orchestra performance or something. I'm respectful of the people around me sure, but if we make a great tackle on third down or a pick 6 all the way to the house, I would let my approval be known by everybody around me. 

I'm with ya M-432. I like to watch Colts games where I can get as intense as I want. A fan is supposed to do that. Not sit there like you're at a snobbish, wine tasting contest. I'm glad to hear Pacer games are an enjoyable experience for you too. 

Love the orchestra comparison SW, or similar to a golf game lol!  

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

Right on!  Ohh yeah I hear ya there I do still enjoy the experience but I agree, many Colts fans are very docile.  Southwest made a great analogy, it was almost like they were at an orchestra, not an NFL game.  I understand also there might be less vocal, docile fans out there and that's fine but when they start to look at people who are loud and get into the game like they're Godzilla, that really grinds my gears haha

Yeah...I got a few second glances myself. You're Godzilla line was great! lmao

7 hours ago, kcccolts said:

I can only refer to my recent trip to London, and there were Colts fans everywhere, and tried their best to cheer the team at the game.

We even met some Colts fans at the Glasgow Rocks BBL basketball game last Sunday night.

It can be frustrating when other fans do not agree with your style of supporting the team, but that is always likely to happen when thousands of people come together for a game.

On a side note the BBC NFL highlight programme this week did not show any othe the Bears game during their highlight package. Was the game that bad there were no highlights to show or is there a BBC conspiracy against Colts (lol).

Keep believing and supporting the Colts

Probably a little bit of both.  LOL

17 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Love the orchestra comparison SW, or similar to a golf game lol!  

Thanks M-432. If you've ever seen Conan O'Brian on TBS, occasionally he'll do a joke during his monologue that gets a delayed reaction of approval & then he'll pretend to be like a pompous, high society, 19th Century critic & Conan will say "Yes, Yes. That was very clever indeed" & quietly clap his hands together like the British Monarchy at Buckingham Palace.

The way you tell it, your looks of bewilderment from some in the stands reminds me of silent joy displays of enthusiasm by some inside LOS. 

On 10/12/2016 at 8:17 PM, ColtsSouljah said:

Yeah, I get that the teams are in close proximity. However, it seemed quite excessive. The roar when the Bears made plays was pretty loud. The chants were heard all throughout the stadium.

You can take it or not, but its proximity and the loyalty of traveling Bears fans. Basketball, same thing when the Bulls come.  Not to mention Chicago fans that live here because...you guesses it. Proximity.

On 10/13/2016 at 6:13 PM, The Fish said:

I mean this non controversially, but it's a very upper middle class, middle age, white crowd generally. It's not the rowdiest crowd at all. It's actually kind of uninspiring at times. Like being told to sit down, that is lame. 

I sat with some upper middle class, middle age Asian fans last year.  ROWDY