Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Traded Andrew Luck for Matt Ryan

bap1331

I figured luck can make dumb mistakes sometimes and matt is less likely. But the main reason is because matt ryan will go all out with like multiple touchdowns but luck doesnt do that. I guess if the game is all but sealed, he tends to be a good sport lol.

4 hours ago, bap1331 said:

I figured luck can make dumb mistakes sometimes and matt is less likely. But the main reason is because matt ryan will go all out with like multiple touchdowns but luck doesnt do that. I guess if the game is all but sealed, he tends to be a good sport lol.

Bad trade .    There is a reason the other guy wanted Luck over Ryan

On 10/12/2016 at 8:05 AM, Narcosys said:

Good trade initially,  but Ryan and yhe Falcons tend to fall apart the second half of the season. 

Not necessarily, matt ryans first half of the season is a hard schedule. His second half ia wayy easier so its good that he started strong

Good trade initially,  but Ryan and yhe Falcons tend to fall apart the second half of the season. 

Not necessarily, matt ryans first half of the season is a hard schedule. His second half ia wayy easier so its good that he started strong

That doesn't matter to Matt ryan. History proves it with him

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 *

Matt Ryan is playing flawless ball right now. I would never drop Andrew for Matt, but I understand you probably were referring to fantasy football, which I don't participate in. Good luck in your league bap1331. 

Part of me admires the courage it took to admit that in a Colts Forum. I applaud your bravery sir. I truly do. 

Ryan is long overdue to emerge as upper echelon QB anyway. I do like the kid. 

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Matt Ryan is one of those QB's that is tough to figure out year to year. He can be Great at times, then just look lousy at times. He generally has always been a good pick for Fantasy Football though because he puts up big numbers.

Amen to that CBE. Matt is smart, has a great arm, knows how to put touch on the ball so only his WR has a shot at it, & he doesn't take any unnecessary hits or contact. Plus, he's a great community leader in Atlanta. 

Now, that Ryan has a running game with Devonta Freeman & DE Dwight Freeney looks renewed playing in Georgia, I think his club will be dangerous this yr in the NFC South. 

While I agree that Matt has been up & down in previous seasons, this one feels different. #2 feels poised to make a leap forward this yr to me. 

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually have Andrew in my Fantasy league and I am currently 3-2 and the guy I am playing this week is in last place, my lineup is strong this week compared to his. So hopefully I get to 4-2.

You have a good intuition on picking game winners brother. I'd wish you luck, but clearly you don't need it. :hat:

7 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Amen to that CBE. Matt is smart, has a great arm, knows how to put touch on the ball so only his WR has a shot at it, & he doesn't take any unnecessary hits or contact. Plus, he's a great community leader in Atlanta. 

Now, that Ryan has a running game with Devonta Freeman & DE Dwight Freeney looks renewed playing in Georgia, I think his club will be dangerous this yr in the NFC South. 

I have always liked him but sometimes he can be so frustrating as well. He's definitely in the GOOD category but not Very Good or Great but so far this season he looks Great. It's early though. When we played them last season I thought we had a decent shot even with Hass in and we won in Atlanta. Sometimes Ryan just blows games he should win, maybe this season will be different and be like his 2012 Season. In 2012 he was Great!

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks, some of my upset picks have even surprised me. The Rams pick over Seattle is still my favorite this season.

Actually, I was very impressed by your Rams pick since nobody & I mean nobody saw that coming. Well, except of course you. Road trip to Vegas ASAP! Are we driving or flying? LOL! 

Seriously though, it's a gift. Don't let the sore losers who lost money get you down. Okay.

I need to consult you & Jules more often on SB picks. Another story for another day. 

3 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Actually, I was very impressed by your Rams pick since nobody & I mean nobody saw that coming. Well, except of course you. Road trip to Vegas ASAP! Are we driving or flying? LOL! 

Seriously though, it's a gift. Don't let the sore losers who lost money get you down. Okay.

I need to consult you & Jules more often on SB picks. Another story for another day. 

Jules and I picked the Packers to win it all this season. Not sure they have the Defense to get it done but I love Rodgers. She had Steelers last season and I had Broncos but she had the Cavs winning in the NBA, she got me there :-). I had the Spurs and they got bounced in Round 2.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jules and I picked the Packers to win it all this season. Not sure they have the Defense to get it done but I love Rodgers. She had Steelers last season and I had Broncos but she had the Cavs winning in the NBA, she got me there :-). I had the Spurs and they got bounced in Round 2.

Mr. Discount Double Check is due to win another SB provided that the don't meet Mike Zimmer's Vikings this yr in the playoffs. They always give Rogers fits & owned him psychologically in the last few meetings. 

Yeah, the Cavs story had a nice ending, but we all had our doubts there until it actually happened. Hopefully, the Cubs do the same thing. I don't know squat about baseball, which is why I don't go to that MLB thread, but I want Chicago to break that curse/Championship drought too. 

Both you & Jules have a good read on longshot teams IMO. That Broncos SB was the best. All these experts acted like Denver was gonna be smoked & low & behold, Mr. Dab got taken to school. Nice. 

10 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Mr. Discount Double Check is due to win another SB provided that the don't meet Mike Zimmer's Vikings this yr in the playoffs. They always give Rogers fits & owned him psychologically in the last few meetings. 

Yeah, the Cavs story had a nice ending, but we all had our doubts there until it actually happened. Hopefully, the Cubs do the same thing. I don't know squat about baseball, which is why I don't go to that MLB thread, but I want Chicago to break that curse/Championship drought too. 

Both you & Jules have a good read on longshot teams IMO. That Broncos SB was the best. All these experts acted like Denver was gonna be smoked & low & behold, Mr. Dab got taken to school. Nice. 

Yeah I had the Cubs in Baseball winning it all before the season but they are my favorite team. They are the best team so I used my brain with that pick as well. I have been a Cubs fan for over 30 years. Watching the Broncos/Peyton beat the Pats and then beat Mr Dab made my whole year. I went out on a limb picking the Broncos and they came through.

41 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I had the Cubs in Baseball winning it all before the season but they are my favorite team. They are the best team so I used my brain with that pick as well. I have been a Cubs fan for over 30 years. Watching the Broncos/Peyton beat the Pats and then beat Mr Dab made my whole year. I went out on a limb picking the Broncos and they came through.

I might peek in on Jay Kirk's MLB thread, but I won't leave any comments. Your Cubs loyalty is very impressive. There's a local weather man on WISC 3 TV out of Madison, WI that worships the Cubs. A nice guy, but I worry about him if Chicago comes up short. He lives, breathes, & sleeps the CUBS man. I don't wanna see him crushed & devastated. I am rooting hard for Chicago. 

Yep, Orange Crush redeemed themselves after that Seattle SB debacle in 2013. Thank God. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah not so sure about the Packers anymore. However, they might be better off as a WC team and an underdog then a heavy favorite. 

I feel like the Seahawks (who often get going late in the year) and the Vikings are the better bets right now for the NFC.

With the AFC.......if the Pats get homefield then it's going to be tough to beat them and Tommy Terrific. My poor Chiefs have a do or die game this weekend IMO vs. Oakland LOL. But, I am sort of on the Raiders wagon now anyway, FUN TEAM. Kinda reminds me of the 2012 Colts with all these late game heroics and I have often had a soft spot for JDR as a head coach for some reason and happy to see him have a good QB now.

I am still mad at the Steelers, I have a weird relationship with Pittsburgh I can't explain.

Oh yes Lebron will be fine though in the NBA. ;) 

As for this trade in the original post, well as Narcosys did say, yes the Falcons have a way of declining as the season goes on after a hot start. However, the NFC South is wide open for them this year and they might be hungry for it this season seeing all the struggles with the Panthers.

Guys like Luck and even Brees are those who often put up good numbers most games even in a loss........safe bets IMO.

55 minutes ago, Jules said:

Yeah not so sure about the Packers anymore. However, they might be better off as a WC team and an underdog then a heavy favorite. 

I feel like the Seahawks (who often get going late in the year) and the Vikings are the better bets right now for the NFC.

With the AFC.......if the Pats get homefield then it's going to be tough to beat them and Tommy Terrific. My poor Chiefs have a do or die game this weekend IMO vs. Oakland LOL. But, I am sort of on the Raiders wagon now anyway, FUN TEAM. Kinda reminds me of the 2012 Colts with all these late game heroics and I have often had a soft spot for JDR as a head coach for some reason and happy to see him have a good QB now.

I am still mad at the Steelers, I have a weird relationship with Pittsburgh I can't explain.

Oh yes Lebron will be fine though in the NBA. ;) 

As for this trade in the original post, well as Narcosys did say, yes the Falcons have a way of declining as the season goes on after a hot start. However, the NFC South is wide open for them this year and they might be hungry for it this season seeing all the struggles with the Panthers.

Guys like Luck and even Brees are those who often put up good numbers most games even in a loss........safe bets IMO.

Chiefs are still dangerous IMO, they always seem to play their best Football in the 2nd Half of the season. If the Pats get HFA they will probably win the AFC but you never know. In 2010 the Jets upset them of all teams in Foxboro. I know that is rare but teams like the Steelers and Chiefs if they got hot could pull it off. I'll stick with the Steelers in the AFC but they have trouble staying healthy. Regarding the NBA as bad as I hate too, I have the Warriors regaining the Title. I just cant go against Curry, Thompson, Green, and DURANT.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Chiefs are still dangerous IMO, they always seem to play their best Football in the 2nd Half of the season. If the Pats get HFA they will probably win the AFC but you never know. In 2010 the Jets upset them of all teams in Foxboro. I know that is rare but teams like the Steelers and Chiefs if they got hot could pull it off. I'll stick with the Steelers in the AFC but they have trouble staying healthy. Regarding the NBA as bad as I hate too, I have the Warriors regaining the Title. I just cant go against Curry, Thompson, Green, and DURANT.

Steelers have to stay healthy........but yeah Big Ben has been morphing into "elite" status for sure.

I know the Chiefs might get better later but it will  be tougher this year since the AFC West is becoming a 3 way race now.

In the NBA, Warriors will score loads and loads and loads of points. I have no doubt about that. I am curious though if this is the postseason we FINALLY get to see them play the Spurs..........

I always stick with Cleveland though. lmao One thing for sure, it's a good position for Lebron to be in being an actual underdog as the defending champ since most are going to probably favor the Warriors more in betting.

I would not mind a rematch of those finals anyway again since it had me on the edge of my seat the whole time till the end and was honestly more exciting then the NFL has been.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Steelers have to stay healthy........but yeah Big Ben has been morphing into "elite" status for sure.

I know the Chiefs might get better later but it will  be tougher this year since the AFC West is becoming a 3 way race now.

In the NBA, Warriors will score loads and loads and loads of points. I have no doubt about that. I am curious though if this is the postseason we FINALLY get to see them play the Spurs..........

I always stick with Cleveland though. lmao One thing for sure, it's a good position for Lebron to be in being an actual underdog as the defending champ since most are going to probably favor the Warriors more in betting.

I would not mind a rematch of those finals anyway again since it had me on the edge of my seat the whole time till the end and was honestly more exciting then the NFL has been.

I see a rematch coming but my Pacers might give the Cavs a scare in the East. It depends a lot on health too. LeBron being an underdog is kind of scary if they do play the Warriors because he can play loose. I think it helped Peyton last season against the Patriots with him being the underdog because Peyton played a superb 1st Half, looked loose and had 2 TD passes. Normally he was always favored.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I see a rematch coming but my Pacers might give the Cavs a scare in the East. It depends a lot on health too. LeBron being an underdog is kind of scary if they do play the Warriors because he can play loose. I think it helped Peyton last season against the Patriots with him being the underdog because Peyton played a superb 1st Half, looked loose and had 2 TD passes. Normally he was always favored.

I hope so with the Pacers but have to see it to believe it. lmao 

Lebron as the underdog is a GOOD THING for him but we also have to see if the Cavs get complacent too.

Oh yeah the Pats as underdogs are often VERY dangerous.........if they were solid dogs in the playoffs heading to Denver I think they might have won but for some reason they were favored BY A LOT. Which I do think helped Denver play with more of a chip.

A guy in my league just offered me Luck for Rodgers. Should I do it? Luck's about to get Moncrief back, and I have a good feeling about him moving forward. Rodgers still has to play some stout defenses throughout the rest of the schedule. My intuition says not to do it, but I think I'm just trying extra hard not to be a homer.