Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

"The Return"

King Colt

1 hour ago, ReMeDy said:

I'm just lucky he got a suspension! There was talk when we didn't think it was even going to happen.

Uh huh. Remember all those people who thought Tommy was gonna win at the US Supreme Court too? Where are they now? Nowhere to be found. 

Oh, I knew Brady was gonna serve some time away from football. I just had no idea how much. I always chuckle when some Brady fans say "Oh no, Tommy is angry & he's gonna light the league up now. The Commissioner is gonna pay for this." Give me a break Brady & his fans. Were you placed in prison, did Goodell & the owners take away your wife, your children, any of your homes? No. So, you need to invent a straw man just to mask the fact you were at fault & could have ended this circus much earlier with a lighter punishment if you'd come clean sooner you mean? Yep, that's what I thought. 

This reputation claim was a farce too because he's still going into the HOF with a yellow jacket & nobody at the ceremony will ever bring up Spy Gate or DeFlate Gate. Did Brady really suffer character wise then? Hades no. 

Speaking of Spy Gate & Eric Mangini, I found this new twist on his old mentor kind of fascinating...Eric should not regret what he did or retract his actions IMO. 

"The Return" as a thread title threw me for a loop. As in what? A Special Teams play? Then, I discovered what you meant KC. 

Is Brady an elite QB? Yes. Is he a SB Champion 4 times over? Yes. Has he been absent from the game awhile? Sure. Look, I get it. A lot of marquee NFL athletes have been injured this yr. Adrian Peterson, Carson Palmer, Tony Romo, Teddy Bridgewater; JJ Watt, etc. etc. And I suppose Brady back on the field is noteworthy of course, but all those other players had no control over what happened to them via a concussion or other physical ailment. 

I guess I don't give Brady a pass for his self inflicted September holiday. I'm not angry at you KC at all. You are just addressing Brady introduction back into the field of play fair enough. 

"The Return" to me at 1st blush meant 'Revenge of the Sith' as in the Emperor from the Star Wars saga [Bill Belichick] didn't die when Vader threw him down that long descending shaft. So, this means the Grey Hoodie is manipulating the Dark Side of the Force again to go on another SB run in 2016. Evil never dies; it just lays dormant until conditions dictate it rises again you know. I kid; I kid. 

17a39e41-2df8-4056-bfd3-dd789409f2c3_cro 

I am not going to dive back in this deeply about the suspension as some think he deserved it, others didn't. For the people that didn't, then I guess they condone cheating and not cooperating with an investigation is really all I can say about that. The Pats had Footballs that were clearly illegal and Brady had his cell phone destroyed. Giving him just a fine would've not amounted to anything. The guy has more money than he could spend, so something had to be done. I would've been fine with a 1 game suspension actually to make a point one shouldn't mess with the integrity of the game. The only reason why Tom fought it IMO is because of his legacy. If he would've got out of his suspension then nobody could say he wasn't innocent and then his legacy isn't tarnished. Now that he had to serve the 4 games everyone can make an argument that his legacy is tarnished by being deceptive. He's a Great QB regardless and in my Top 5 of all-time and I don't even like the Patriots. One thing I always got a kick out of some of the Posts that love Brady is they blame the Colts for the whole thing. It isn't the Colts fault the balls were deflated or Brady had his phone destroyed. Some always want to lay blame on others instead of taking responsibility for their own actions. We lost 45-7 but that isn't even the point at all either, the score has nothing to do with any of that mess. My final rant about this subject.

11 hours ago, King Colt said:

Brady did what Brady does and if anyone says it was against the Browns he has proven it does not matter. Next team up!!

Yep, it was against the Browns.

But the Patriots had 3 other wins without him so maybe there is truth that the Patriots win more with the system than so dependent on Brady? As great as Brady is he don't have to carry his team like a lot of other QBs do.

I give more credit to Belichick  for the wins over what Brady brings. Belicicks system makes ordinary QBs look good. I am not sure how many games Brady has lost due to injuries and the suspension but how many of those games have the Patriots lost? Very few if that many.

About Brady's suspension: he went to Italy with Gisele., so that's not really a punishment. Even if he wasn't paid for those games, it wouldn't matter to him as he has mucho money. It didn't matter in the long run, as the Patriots will continue to rule the AFC East.

9 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

About Brady's suspension: he went to Italy with Gisele., so that's not really a punishment. Even if he wasn't paid for those games, it wouldn't matter to him as he has mucho money. It didn't matter in the long run, as the Patriots will continue to rule the AFC East.

Money is nothing to him, yeah Italy with Gisele is a harsh punishment (sarcasm).

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

The point is the best quarterback in football is back playing for the best football organization in football.

True that. He had more yards in the first half then any other Patriot qb had in a full game while he was out. People that act like he isn't the biggest part of the success in NE are just kidding themselves.....400yds and 3tds and took a break in the forth quarter...Bill and him are pretty well unstoppable. I mean this guy could play til he is like 45 throwing 5-10 yd passes and gouging defenses all game long. Love him or hate him he is a brilliant qb and leader on that team...the best this league has seen possibly. While he will come back down to earth some against some more respectable defenses I have no doubt this team will win their division and once again be a 1 seed in the playoffs....going through Foxboro in January....good luck!!

In the end I expect him to have all the qb records when he retires...and Bill likely will have the all-time win record because I think that is something he wants and I think he can accomplish that even without Tom later on as he has proven he is a great coach. These guys will own the record books. Doesn't matter if we don't like them...just like no one likes Floyd Mayweather...they are the best for a reason. I'm happy Tom is back because I love to watch greatness. He is a fighter and a competitor and he is inspiring to watch. Of course I'm going to be rooting for my Colts but I can't ignore what they've accomplished there in New England.

Belichick is the best coach in the league by a longshot,  He can plug nearly anyone into a position and make it work. its just odd he couldnt get it done in Cleveland and New York. Just shows he learned from his mistakes and is the chess master of the NFL. Do I like him, NO, do I wish he was the coach of the Colts, YES

1 hour ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Is someone going to post another "the return" thread this week for Kaepernick?  I sure hope so, I'd much rather read about him than Tom Brady.  Pretty sad. 

I'll start, a once promising QB is coming back because the current starter is as useless as his replacement is so you have a bum being replaced by another bum.

It was nice see Brady back out there.  Was amazing to see how his throws were just right on the money.  Seemed like he had no rust.

as for the other talk. I personally never blamed the Colts, I blamed a poorly run NFL who didn't even know what they were doing in the investigation. (Allowing false information to stay out there, usinga a company whose rep was shot to test the absolute gas law, and the Commish lying outright in his appeal judgement) The truth will never be known because of the absolute mess the NFL Made.  As for the suspension, the reason is moot as the courts ruled Goodell can suspend any player for any amount of time for any reason with no recourse thanks to the CBA. 

Also Brady was first suspended for knowledge of said deflation, then the reason changed when Goodell said it was lack of cooperation when he sited declining his appeal. (A place where Goodell lies in.)

As for his phone? When Favre refused turn his private phone over it was a 25k fine and he was accused of sexual misconduct. So I don't know how that one act changes from a 25k fine to 4 game suspension (destroying the phone doesn't change "not turning over")... unless the commish was just flexing his muscle. Some say he was just asked to "tell" Wells what was pertenant on the phone and Brady declined. More likely he said nothing was pertenant on the phone and wells didn't believe him.

what do I think happened?  

Very simple Brady lost his mind after the Jets game when he had a paperweight for a football and the 2 equipment managers took it on their own to make sure he never gets a ball again at 14 psi. Because they know Brady would and could get them fired for that.

On 10/11/2016 at 6:52 AM, crazycolt1 said:

Yep, it was against the Browns.

But the Patriots had 3 other wins without him so maybe there is truth that the Patriots win more with the system than so dependent on Brady? As great as Brady is he don't have to carry his team like a lot of other QBs do.

I give more credit to Belichick  for the wins over what Brady brings. Belicicks system makes ordinary QBs look good. I am not sure how many games Brady has lost due to injuries and the suspension but how many of those games have the Patriots lost? Very few if that many.

To your last paragraph.

BB has been the coach of the Patriots from 2000 to the present.

BB is 172-51 with Brady under center.  Winning percentage of 0.771

BB is 19-18 with other QBs under center.  Winning percentage of 0.513.

One game over 0.500 with QBs not named Brady and 121 games over 0.500 with Brady under center.  

Brady does as much work as any other QB in the league.  Sometimes QBs have better teams around him and sometimes not.  A great QB can make his team better and Brady is no exception.  And the difference between a back up and starters are closer than most folks want to give credit.  

And no I do not buy that other QBs have to carry their team anymore that Brady has to carry his team.  Just look at your own Andrew Luck.  Luck's career record with the colts is 37-23 (0.616), but when a journeyman 40 year QB Matt Hasselback was allowed to run the colts last year he went 5-3 (0.625),  which is not only a higher win % than Luck's career win % but also Matt's career win % outside of the colts, not to mention the fact that Luck went 2-5 the same year.  So is Luck just a system QB fortunate to be on a good team with good coaching?  After all when Matt H. was allowed to QB the colts he had a better record then he had with other teams.  

Regardless of our team fandom, we need to look at all things in the same manner.  I think both Luck and Brady play on solid teams and each contributes to their team's successes and failures.    

Good to see Brady have a solid game.  It was against the Browns, who are not the best, we have a lot of offensive weapons on our team this year, everyone for the most part is healthy, and Brady is rested.  

With this all said however, Brady did have a career year and it was good to see him have a career game.  We will see as the season goes along to see what kind of pace Brady can play in games. 

23 hours ago, dgambill said:

True that. He had more yards in the first half then any other Patriot qb had in a full game while he was out.

If Garoppolo had not got injured (vs Miami I think) he was on track to throw for over 500 yards! 

Brady could very well light up the league from here with all those weapons and that system but Garoppolo showed enough to suggest that he could perhaps do 90-95% of that same damage. 

3 hours ago, 19colt said:

If Garoppolo had not got injured (vs Miami I think) he was on track to throw for over 500 yards! 

Brady could very well light up the league from here with all those weapons and that system but Garoppolo showed enough to suggest that he could perhaps do 90-95% of that same damage. 

All the better get multiple top round picks with him lol

13 hours ago, Jules said:

Brady never seems to age at times lol. He often looks years younger to me then he is.....

It's not just his play on the field either, I swear his wife must get him the best facial and looks treatments. lmao 

I think if Manning had not gotten that nasty neck  injury he would still be playing. That injury shortened his career a good 3-4 years. Where Brady (knock on wood) been very lucky not to have any major injury like that.

and of course Gizelle (or however it's spelled) gets him the best stuff she is a supermodel with an image to protect lmao

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:01 AM, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Is someone going to post another "the return" thread this week for Kaepernick?  I sure hope so, I'd much rather read about him than Tom Brady.  Pretty sad. 

agreed..on Tom...its not like he's a veteran of foreign wars........

Brady is coming back from jail...NFL prison......2 weeks in a row now...

.... ..He's on work release......do your job.....lets move on