Patrick Robinson or Greg Toler?

Pacergeek

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

THIS

Or that he is a slot corner and has never excelled on the outside. No different than when we had Butler out there.

Been saying this since the signing.  If he was brought in to replace Butler then fine

He is no better than Toler and it was another case of square peg round hole management by this team

I wish I could find the link of Rick Venturi on the Dakich show talking about how bad the Robinson signing was.  It was right after he was signed.  Basically said he wasnt beter than Toler and we were going to be disappointed but  Toler lost his way with the fan base so he really had to go.

21 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Or that he is a slot corner and has never excelled on the outside. No different than when we had Butler out there.

Been saying this since the signing.  If he was brought in to replace Butler then fine

He is no better than Toler and it was another case of square peg round hole management by this team

I wish I could find the link of Rick Venturi on the Dakich show talking about how bad the Robinson signing was.  It was right after he was signed.  Basically said he wasnt beter than Toler and we were going to be disappointed but  Toler lost his way with the fan base so he really had to go.

Ouch!

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Me too and Vontae has problems staying healthy which is the scary thing. I really hope Grigs mostly goes Defense in the next Draft but the way Andrew Is still getting sacked the O.Line still looks bad!

Really no excuse for not going CB in last years draft. We had the extra 4th we could have gone CB instead we get another slow LB who can't cover. I would have looked CB over Clark in the 3rd too. I thought CB was an obvious need there was nothing behind Davis 

Everyone is on Pagano and he probably isn't a good coach but this is Grig's mess. It makes it tough to tell.  

It took him 5 years and the 18th overall pick to find a competent C a C. We still have no RG despots that being the offseason focus He has yet to add a LB who can play. 

20 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Really no excuse for not going CB in last years draft. We had the extra 4th we could have gone CB instead we get another slow LB who can't cover. I would have looked CB over Clark in the 3rd too. I thought CB was an obvious need there was nothing behind Davis 

Everyone is on Pagano and he probably isn't a good coach but this is Grig's mess. It makes it tough to tell.  

It took him 5 years and the 18th overall pick to find a competent C a C. We still have no RG despots that being the offseason focus He has yet to add a LB who can play. 

Pagano personally worked out Djuon Smith.....so he can partially blame himself too.

Shoot I would rather have Cromartie than Robinson or Toler.  Cro had one really bad game and they let him walk for THIS?  Another head-scratcher from Grigs.  Playing Robinson out wide instead of the slot is like me trying to race a Corvette with my 2002 Suzuki XL7.

Again, missing on D'Joun Smith has cost this team.

Cromartie would have the same production but with multiple penalties to add to it. That is the only positive thing about Robinson over Toler as well - penalties. Robinson looked like total garbage today though. I'd honestly just start Melvin. He isn't amazing, but he is definitely better. 

23 minutes ago, Derakynn said:

Cromartie would have the same production but with multiple penalties to add to it. That is the only positive thing about Robinson over Toler as well - penalties. Robinson looked like total garbage today though. I'd honestly just start Melvin. He isn't amazing, but he is definitely better. 

You may be right.  Melvin might be the best option.  He hasn't been great but so far has been better than what we have.  

59 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

You may be right.  Melvin might be the best option.  He hasn't been great but so far has been better than what we have.  

I like Melvin solely because he is solid.  He may lack experience, he may lack jump-off-the-page athleticism/measurables, but he does not: make stupid plays, commit tons of stupid penalties, or take unnecessary risks that result in big plays. 

I question Robinson's durability and (and maybe his toughness/want-to), and that alone makes me question whether he is a good fit in Indy.

6 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

For as terrible as Greg Toler was, Robinson might even be worse. I should be surprised that Toler's replacement might be worse. However, because Ryan Grigson signed Robinson, I'm not surprised. This is sad quite honestly

I'm just so proud of you!       Your streak of never making a positive post about the team continues!     Even with a win today you found a way to make another negative post!      I know some here thought you might end your streak,  but I had faith in you!

All that said.....

Robinson continues to disappoint.     Looks completely lost out there.     Whenever possible,  he needs help over the top.        This has been another disappointing signing.

I hope he can turn around during the course of the season.      Not sure we have better options.

1 hour ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

Both are awful but Toler was better because he was more physical. Robinson is more of a slot CB but he wasn't good with the Saints either. I think Grigson will trade for a good CB. Joe Haden would be a great fit here. 

Is Haden even on the trade block?

If we could get Joe Haden I would certainly explore it.  We are pretty naked back there as it stands right now. Haden should know the scheme as he played under Mike Pettine who is a Rex Ryan disciple.  Problem is pass rush may render that move useless.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

If we could get Joe Haden I would certainly explore it.  We are pretty naked back there as it stands right now.

I would too, he is only 27 and Very Good. Then we could Draft 2 Pass Rushers in Rounds 2 and 3, take a RB with speed in Round 4, then more Defense in the late rounds. Browns may do it for a 1st round pick. I can see it now if something like that did go down and Haden gets injured, Grigs would get buried in here.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would too, he is only 27 and Very Good. Then we could Draft 2 Pass Rushers in Rounds 2 and 3, take a RB with speed in Round 4, then more Defense in the late rounds. Browns may do it for a 1st round pick. I can see it now if something like that did go down and Haden gets injured, Grigs would get buried in here.

He damn sure would!  LOL

4 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

I don't believe anything was injured other than his pride he stunk up the place he & Morrison were terrible .

Image result for picture of the colts mascot  This dude at least shows up ready to play let him take Robinsons spot . 

Put me in coach/Grigs!

A Colt walk-on. He looks healthy at least!

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I've seen some stories out there that say Hayden could be traded by the trade deadline, but most of it is rumor from what I can see.  Nothing real definite looking.  Bottom line is we need somebody anybody that can help this team right now.  We are just naked and it stinks!