Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WHAT?! Art Jones said....

TO BE FAIR, he can't exactly criticize them, considering he hasn't even played a snap yet. I would be much more concerned if this comment came from someone like DQ. 

The only guys who have played well on D so far (IMO) are Vontae, Geathers, and Henry Anderson.

40 minutes ago, ColtJ82 said:

A pass rush would help this squad tremendously.

I agree with you.  ZERO pass rush makes everything else terrible.  Having one may make this defense more formidable. BUT, the run defense, which has been OK to this point, wasn't good today either.  Today was a TOTAL meltdown by the defense and I have NO idea what Art (who is a really nice dude and I like BTW) is talking about.  But he IS a Pags guy so maybe he is just sticking up for his guy?

6 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

TO BE FAIR, he can't exactly criticize them, considering he hasn't even played a snap yet. I would be much more concerned if this comment came from someone like DQ. 

The only guys who have played well on D so far (IMO) are Vontae, Geathers, and Henry Anderson.

Its getting lost because of how terrible our defense is, but Vontae appears to be back to his pro bowl form. QBs are barely throwing towards him again.

3 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Its getting lost because of how terrible our defense is, but Vontae appears to be back to his pro bowl form. QBs are barely throwing towards him again.

Exactly. Last week, Hurns did nothing the whole game and then right when Vontae is off him, he has a 44 yard (or however long it was) TD. Vontae is amazing, but he's one player. We need to get him some MAJOR help. 

4 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

Today was a TOTAL meltdown by the defense

Meh. The defense wasn't good, to be sure, but especially against the run, they were okay. The long run was basically half of Howard's output, and it was due to a bad angle by D'Qwell. There were a couple other sloppy fits that led to solid gains, but there were also a handful of negative carries or zero gains.

What I liked is that the defense seemed to be hitting much harder today than I've seen in a long time. Guys were coming to the ball almost recklessly, in the box and even in space. They missed some, too, and Anderson even got the flag on a late hit, but they all met the challenge to be physical up front. 

They also got smoked by Brian Hoyer.

10 hours ago, bluephantom87 said:

They interviewed him on the postgame show and he said he loves the way the defense is playing / hunting..... :facepalm: 

He must be practicing for his next profession as a stand up comedian I guess perception from the sideline comes with rose colored glasses .

Image result for memes of the keystone cops  The Defense reminded me of the Keystone Cops ....

7 hours ago, Imped said:

This is one of the worst defenses I've ever seen. I had more confidence in our defense after MJD torched us before the SB run. I want whatever Art Jones is smoking. 

I agree even the D was better who knew ?  What he is smoking is above our pay grade .

7 hours ago, Superman said:

Meh. The defense wasn't good, to be sure, but especially against the run, they were okay. The long run was basically half of Howard's output, and it was due to a bad angle by D'Qwell. There were a couple other sloppy fits that led to solid gains, but there were also a handful of negative carries or zero gains.

What I liked is that the defense seemed to be hitting much harder today than I've seen in a long time. Guys were coming to the ball almost recklessly, in the box and even in space. They missed some, too, and Anderson even got the flag on a late hit, but they all met the challenge to be physical up front. 

They also got smoked by Brian Hoyer.

Run defense wasn't that bad if you take out the 54 yard run then Howard was at about 4 YPC.

Now letting Brian Hoyer throw all over them is a completely different matter.