Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts defense

klh7768

The scheme we run is not the problem. Talent/defensive awareness/lack of playmakers is the problem. We have no risk takers in the Secondary beyond Darius Butler. What I would like to see much more of is blitzing on run downs as well as pass downs

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

We have no cornerbacks to even put much into blitzing if we wanted to.

Then so be it. If we are going to go down then go down fighting. Really I'm just glad we got a win though. Oh and did I mention we have a run game? We simply don't run enough to reflect it more in the stat sheet. Frank Gore had 75 yards on only 14 carries...5.3 ypc 

1 minute ago, Gavin said:

Then so be it. If we are going to go down then down fighting. Really I'm just glad we got a win though. Oh and did I mention we have a run game? We simply don't run enough to reflect it more in the stat sheet. Frank Gore had 75 yards on only 14 carries...5.3 ypc 

I've seen this whole time we had a run game. These nuts always go to the passing game at the hint of any problems. I had no problems with that aspect of the offense. Did not think hurry up offense would solve anything. When something is working we need to stay with that.

7 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Then so be it. If we are going to go down then down fighting. Really I'm just glad we got a win though. Oh and did I mention we have a run game? We simply don't run enough to reflect it more in the stat sheet. Frank Gore had 75 yards on only 14 carries...5.3 ypc 

I must admit you were right about Robinson.

1 hour ago, NorthernColt said:

This isn't madden. You can't just go sign three of the top free agents in one off season.

Oh yeah. I forgot. Cause you know. The Broncos didn't sign Talib, Ward, and Ware in one offseason. Or the Giants didn't jus sign Vernon, Harrison, and Jenkins. Yeah. We cant do that with 60plus million in cap room.

I suppose some it is not enough experience.  Just seems that most of them dont have the anticipation of the play or know the situational tendencies to be more aggressive.  They seem to be more concerned with just being in their spots and picking up the right man.  I would say Vonte and a few others play a bit more forward.

The absolute lack of pass rush is also killing us.  Even on a blitz we dont sniff the QB.  

1 hour ago, lennymoore24 said:

I think Robert Mathis is done.  He doesn't even come close to getting to the QB.  Secondly, the linebackers are a weakness. I hope next year we draft a few linebackers.  Finally, I think the play calling and coaching is just bad.

I hope we get a new guy to make our picks

Just now, Steamboat_Shaun said:

You gotta have some stones to bet that type of money on this team.

Winning that bet was like a blind squirrel finding a nut. I used t be a degenerate gambler , now just make an occasional bet. But yeah , you are correct .. they are even worse than I thought.

I just read an article on espn. Where they claim the following:

" Osweiler has all but crumpled against opposing pass rushes this season. He has completed only 33 percent of his passes when facing pressure and has a 4.6 QBR in those situations this season."

Now of course the problem we have is finding a way to apply pressure.

Brock Osweiler Under Pressure

How Texans quarterback Brock Osweiler has fared under pressure the last two seasons:

CATEGORY 2015 2016
Source: ESPN Stats & Information
Comp Pct 45.6% 33.3%
TD-INT 2-2 0-2
Yards/att 5.0 3.5
Total QBR 13.5 4.6

11 minutes ago, GoBlue12 said:

I just read an article on espn. Where they claim the following:

" Osweiler has all but crumpled against opposing pass rushes this season. He has completed only 33 percent of his passes when facing pressure and has a 4.6 QBR in those situations this season."

Now of course the problem we have is finding a way to apply pressure.

Brock Osweiler Under Pressure

How Texans quarterback Brock Osweiler has fared under pressure the last two seasons:

CATEGORY 2015 2016
Source: ESPN Stats & Information
Comp Pct 45.6% 33.3%
TD-INT 2-2 0-2
Yards/att 5.0 3.5
Total QBR 13.5 4.6

That's the major problem the Colts have. Our blitzes haven't been all that effective and we've been getting killed by the short and intermediate passing game.  The Texans won't see any reason to deviate from what every other team has been doing against the Colts.  Obrien has always used the same formula against Indianapolis.  Load up on the running game and go with the short quick passes.  He'll probably work in the long ball game a tad bit more with Will Fuller but other than that I expect much of the same stuff they always have done.