Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is the season over...

ell_chrisso

Welp, I don't know but I know one thing: this place is gonna be a madhouse if the Colts lose.  I would say yes but others will say no.  1-4 is awfully difficult to come back from.  

On the flip side, if they win and the Texicans lose, which could very well happen, then you are only 1 game down with a game vs. them the following week.  Could either be really somber or really uplifting around here later today.

Of the next five games only two really worry me.....The Texans and the Packers.   Still plenty of football left but the team has to start getting better now.   However that being said......in a different post of mine I think I said that an 8-8 record is more than likely for this year.

18 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Depends on how you define a successful season.  If you're expecting to compete for a Super Bowl, then our season was done long ago.  If you're expecting to win the division and make the playoffs, we're still alive.

So in other words if your wanting the SB then it's over but if your looking to ruin or chance at a high pick then Grigson and Pagano can still ruin that tho right? :wall:

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

So in other words if your wanting the SB then it's over but if your looking to ruin or chance at a high pick then Grigson and Pagano can still ruin that tho right? :wall:

As much as I'd like to see us tank and get a high pick, that's not going to happen.  If the team tanks, that's essentially Pagano (and possibly Grigson) giving themselves a pink slip. 

13 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

As much as I'd like to see us tank and get a high pick, that's not going to happen.  If the team tanks, that's essentially Pagano (and possibly Grigson) giving themselves a pink slip. 

I know and we just so happens to play just enough horrible teams to sneak into the playoffs so we can get decimated by a real team 

Oh boy.  Normally I am optimistic after a win.  Not so much today.  I can't remember feeling more like my team lost after a win than this.  Chicago is bad.  And we made their career back-up scrub QB look like a ProBowler.  This defense is just awful.  Robinson is awful.  The run D was awful (aren't they nearly fully healthy now?).  I just think this is as good as this team is gonna get this season and THAT thought has me quite "deflated".  Barely squeaking by the bad teams, not nearly competitive enough vs. the "elite" teams.  IDK.  Somebody tell me I am wrong, but right now I don't have any confidence in this team that this season will turn around.  It sure just felt like we played another bad team, that is all.