Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning, Irsay & Kravitz Saga (Mega Merge)

Case

It is hysterical the ESPN opens SC tonight with Irsay's comments, all of which are positive about Mannnig, his sincere concern for Manning's long term health, restated it won't be about money, it's all about health... then they cut to Kravitz who launches into all the negative comments - or partial comments. This needs to get out of the public eye. As MAC said so well above, if the two sides want this to work, it can and will. I do now, in hindsight, wish Irsay or even Grigson had spent some time include Manning in discusssion, even as a courtesy.

I think the only group Manning should be disappointed in are his teammates who mustered 2 wins. If the Colts went even 5-11, and didn't have the first pick, I think the tone and tenor of this offseason is enormously different. If the Colts still had to have Peyton, and not be staring at Luck, I think the Manning/Irsay saga is very different.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey now, i didnt say that we would keep the offense the way it is now, once Peyton is gone...but i do think that of the 3, Luck would do the best the quickest of all of them in learning the offense we run now...

But yeah, the west coast offense is pretty universal around the league...i think thats why some are speculating that Pagano may try to bring in Hue Jackson as offensive coordinator, which honestly i think would be a great hire...i think he got the raw end of the deal in Oakland, fired because of the GM wanting his own guys in there...very different than us firing our HC because he cant coach, before anyone chimes in about that! lol

Luck likely would have the best chance, but I think that would be a process. A long process. Hue Jackson would be a good hire. With CC around, I think we keep the same offense, with or without Manning and that would be a huge mistake. Luck with someone well versed in the WCO & that system would be far better than Luck + CC & 18's system.

So Irsay is mad that Peyton did not keep things in house, but yet here he is airing more dirty laundry. How about you call Manning and have a talk instead of talking to the media about having your panties in a bunch.

I have a feeling this ultimately will end very ugly and a lot of bitter feelings.

I can tell Irsay one thing he better hope it ends well because there are a lot of Peyton fans out there and our bandwagon will get much lighter.

How do you know he didn't talk to PM before his comments today? Also, why aren't you saying the same thing about PM? Why didn't PM reach out to Irsay before going to Kravitz? For all we know, both of them did, and PM and Irsay have been talking, and this is all posturing for some reason that we don't know about. At any rate, two wrongs don't make a right, but the knife does cut both ways in this situation.

After watching the Irsay interview, I didn't think what he said was that bad. He was basically like we will continue to talk and talk more in February as it gets closer to the league year (makes me think they have been communicating). Further, Irsay should be mad, as PM (intentional or not) made it sound like the Colts complex was a terrible place to be right now.

You know, I was in a change management workshop at work this week, and one thing that came up was that every single person has a feeling of experiencing loss during change. So, PM and Irsay are both in an emotional state right now after shaking up a decade + of stability. They will work this out regardless of how it ends, and there will never be bad blood between the two of them (although I'm sure the media will say different).

Sadly I agree. I think Manning already realizes the Colts have pretty much made their decision. I really hope Manning doesn't end up bitter about this but Irsay is not without blame. The Colts have kept him in the dark about all the major decisions happening. I don't think you do that to the QB that is your whole team unless your future plans don't involve him. I still think it's probably better for both sides if they part ways. The Colts can start their rebuilding now and Peyton can get on with rehab and healing without being on someone's clock to make it back. I don't like it one bit but the Colts are handcuffed to a certain extent by the total uncertainty of Manning's condition. Not the way any of us wanted to see the Manning era come to an end.

You know, I've posted in the past that, "of course, Irsay is keeping Peyton in the loop" (maybe not asking, but at least telling him so no surprises). Others have said I'm wrong. I was coming at it from the POV of an exec keeping a 'high-touch' on a key employee. I'm now ready to admit that I may have been wrong - and was giving Irsay too much credit. I need to remind myself that Irsay has never had a job other than Dad's (now his inherited) biz, so perhaps hasn't learned the real lessons of corporate life.......

Kravitz, of course, is a toxic influence, and stirs up stuff to sell ink on paper.........

So -- I have no idea how to net out (1) Irsay being a naive 18-year-old in a 50-year-old body, (2) Peyton sending a message, (3) Kravitz selling papers.

But, the drama is interesting!

I am an Indanapolis Colts fan first unlike a bunch here who are Peyton Manning fans first. I would much rather see the franchise be set up for success taking a very good prospect, one of the best to come along in some time, rather than put all the eggs in one basket. That basket being a 36 year old quarterback with 3 neck surgeries who EVEN post-op will have question marks as to how he will play. That is me. I am grateful for what Manning has done but tossing Manning outright in glee? Sure you can call it that. I call it moving forward. I am not going to grasp at straws, cross my fingers, or make up assumptions (which is all I hear). If my words have struck you the wrong way then that is fantastic.

When I was a kid the Colts were mostly a defensive oriented team with a legend - Johnny U - hanging on at QB. When they traded him it was extremely painful, but I soon became about the biggest Bert Jones fan imaginable. The guy was bound for the hall of fame - but he got hurt. Lingered for years never quite the same again. Just excruciating to watch. Actually pretty much everything from 1978 through 1994 was excruciating to watch. I'm not a Peyton Manning fan, I'm a Colts fan - fell in love with them when I was probably 6-7 years old. When Peyton is done, I will thank my lucky stars that he played for my team, and move on. But if he is NOT done, I want him back on the Colts.

I'm not grasping at straws, I had the same surgery. My left arm was in agony - two fingers numb - before getting treatment. So weak that I had to drive with one hand, and reach over with my right arm to open the door when I wanted to get out. But it got better. My surgery took place quicker to the onset of symptoms than Peyton. His issue is whether he waited so long for treatment that he received permanent nerve damage. That's what we are waiting to find out. But IF the nerve is fine, than I am confident that Peyton will be fine. Do you remember the guy who won the MVP four times, and dragged an injury riddled team into the playoffs two years back with one miraculous effort after another? What if he can still do that? I'm not throwing that away for the glory of rebuilding. At BEST you are talking about revisiting 1998-2002 all over again, and that's assuming that Luck starts off as productive as Manning did and that Grigson is as good as Polian (both insanely optimistic assumptions). How about we put that pleasure off a few years and see if we can win the Super Bowl a few more times first?

How do you know he didn't talk to PM before his comments today? Also, why aren't you saying the same thing about PM? Why didn't PM reach out to Irsay before going to Kravitz? For all we know, both of them did, and PM and Irsay have been talking, and this is all posturing for some reason that we don't know about. At any rate, two wrongs don't make a right, but the knife does cut both ways in this situation.

After watching the Irsay interview, I didn't think what he said was that bad. He was basically like we will continue to talk and talk more in February as it gets closer to the league year (makes me think they have been communicating). Further, Irsay should be mad, as PM (intentional or not) made it sound like the Colts complex was a terrible place to be right now.

You know, I was in a change management workshop at work this week, and one thing that came up was that every single person has a feeling of experiencing loss during change. So, PM and Irsay are both in an emotional state right now after shaking up a decade + of stability. They will work this out regardless of how it ends, and there will never be bad blood between the two of them (although I'm sure the media will say different).

Good post. I hope you are right.

This is getting blown up by Kravitz and JMV. Did any of you guys actually hear the comments from Irsay.....HEARD....not READ? He didn't seem that confrontational to me. In fact, if I hadn't heard JMZ's characterization of the comments, I wouldn't have thought much of them.

I see all these headlines about "Irsay Mad at Manning." This is getting blown out of proportion.

Good God people, Get over your scepticism. Nobody is making up nothing. Here's the link to the video.

http://blogs.indysta...nings-comments/

Relax buddy...

It doesn't seem like a huge deal. Irsay had nothing but good things to say about Peyton. I think a big deal is being made of something that isn't a big deal. Doesn't seem like a huge deal

If the Colts part ways with Manning, and he then goes to play for another team, it will be bad for the team and bad for the NFL. I am not a Colts fan because of where I live, I am a Colts fan because I liked the integrity with which they operated (or seemed to). I know a former Colts player (who I will not name as I am not speaking for him) who has privately contrasted the tremendous difference between playing for the Colts in the Dungy/Manning era versus the other teams for which he played - day and night, with an integrity and honor that he cherished. That is why I am here.

If Peyton cannot play anymore due to injury, that is a tragedy, but understandable. If he can play but the Colts ditch him for Luck, then everything they say about being a "family" is garbage. Manning can either continue to kick names and take butt, or he can help develop Luck into his successor for the next few years - there is no reason to show him the door, and its a terrible way to treat someone who has done so much for the team.

And that, as they say is the $28 million dollar question. Nobody knows.

My hope is that on March 1st they examine him, and strength tests indicate that he has made substantial gains in the tricep. That isn't possible if the nerve isn't working. He may very well be well on his way, with Irsay only needing to trust that he will be able to regain the rest of his conditioning. If the nerve still hasn't responded at all, then obviously he will be released. That call would be easy. The tough middle ground is the thought that the nerve may have responded enough to give him some strength, but perhaps plateaued without anyone knowing for sure. He may be "better", but not able to make all the throws, and no way of knowing for sure if he will regain the ability. At that point I would hope for a verbal agreement, in which the Colts cut him, and then resign him before training camp IF he has come all the way back. If not he would likely retire.

The bottom line is that if both parties want it, it can be worked out - but it requires communication. What's disturbing about the noises we are hearing is the lack of communication, which suggest that at least one of the parties doesn't "want it". Makes me sick to my stomach.

MAC....you make some good points but there was never gonna be an easy way of resolving this once his current contract was signed. And nobody could have known that the injury would stretch itself this far.

I guess that with 20/20 hindsight.... it would have been far better for the team to agree to a contract that scheduled the roster bonus BEYOND the league year date which is March 13th, instead of March 8th, which would have allowed for a renegotiation to allow for more time and better clarity regarding Peyton's medical outcome.. I'm still scratching my head a little on that March 8th roster bonus clause because it wound up burning both sides.

Hopefully....as you said, we know what his long term prospects are before the bonus is due, but we're talking 5-6 weeks.

With all of today's media cackling aside....it just doesn't look good.

When I was a kid the Colts were mostly a defensive oriented team with a legend - Johnny U - hanging on at QB. When they traded him it was extremely painful, but I soon became about the biggest Bert Jones fan imaginable. The guy was bound for the hall of fame - but he got hurt. Lingered for years never quite the same again. Just excruciating to watch. Actually pretty much everything from 1978 through 1994 was excruciating to watch. I'm not a Peyton Manning fan, I'm a Colts fan - fell in love with them when I was probably 6-7 years old. When Peyton is done, I will thank my lucky stars that he played for my team, and move on. But if he is NOT done, I want him back on the Colts.

I'm not grasping at straws, I had the same surgery. My left arm was in agony - two fingers numb - before getting treatment. So weak that I had to drive with one hand, and reach over with my right arm to open the door when I wanted to get out. But it got better. My surgery took place quicker to the onset of symptoms than Peyton. His issue is whether he waited so long for treatment that he received permanent nerve damage. That's what we are waiting to find out. But IF the nerve is fine, than I am confident that Peyton will be fine. Do you remember the guy who won the MVP four times, and dragged an injury riddled team into the playoffs two years back with one miraculous effort after another? What if he can still do that? I'm not throwing that away for the glory of rebuilding. At BEST you are talking about revisiting 1998-2002 all over again, and that's assuming that Luck starts off as productive as Manning did and that Grigson is as good as Polian (both insanely optimistic assumptions). How about we put that pleasure off a few years and see if we can win the Super Bowl a few more times first?

I have no issue with Manning coming back. I know Irsay has made it clear they are taking a QB #1 whether its Luck, RG3 or whomever. I just feel it would be better for the franchise both financially and long term to go with Luck. If Manning comes back somehow cheaper and is re-signed then thats fine I will support Manning. If for some reason they pay him 28mill and keep him then I will support the Colts. What makes the most sense to me is, this is a perfect opportunity to start over with a new quarterback, new coach, new gm, new team. I dont want Manning to come play for a few years then be kicked to the curb. I dont want Manning to go through a Favre saga. On top of that I feel Manning has a much better chance winning a Super Bowl on a team with far less holes like the 49ers or the Jets. This Colts squad without a doubt is rebuilding right now and to think Manning can come in and take us to the SB in the next few years is far-fetched. It can be done but look at the odds. The team has many holes. Mannings current cap hit would really cripple the franchise for long term success. Do you know Mannings cap hit will increase each year we keep him? If Manning is released and asked to come back and sign a cheaper deal, I'm certain another team desperate for a QB will throw money his way. I am looking at it logically and it looks like Manning will not be back. Like I said if he does come back ill support him and the Colts.

There is nothing wrong with starting over with our next possible "Manning" and bulding the team right. Not on one players shoulders but a complete team. That is what I want.

Relax buddy...

It doesn't seem like a huge deal. Irsay had nothing but good things to say about Peyton. I think a big deal is being made of something that isn't a big deal. Doesn't seem like a huge deal

I agree, after hearing the comments, Irsay didn't sound real mad about it, he was just upset that Manning went public. Im just getting tired of people automatically thinking that the media(namely Kravitz) is making everything up. People are putting Manning on a pedestal and im thinking a lot of people actually get on their knee's and pray to a bronze statue of him. Im a Peyton fan too but some people take their love for him to an unhealthy level.

MAC....you make some good points but there was never gonna be an easy way of resolving this once his current contract was signed. And nobody could have known that the injury would stretch itself this far.

I guess that with 20/20 hindsight.... it would have been far better for the team to agree to a contract that scheduled the roster bonus BEYOND the league year date which is March 13th, instead of March 8th, which would have allowed for a renegotiation to allow for more time and better clarity regarding Peyton's medical outcome.. I'm still scratching my head a little on that March 8th roster bonus clause because it wound up burning both sides.

Hopefully....as you said, we know what his long term prospects are before the bonus is due, but we're talking 5-6 weeks.

With all of today's media cackling aside....it just doesn't look good.

The Brandt article (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Peyton-Predicament-Part-1.html) shines some light on the 3/8 date, and how Condon and Manning made that on purpose. Remember, this contract was signed when everyone knew Peyton was hurt - they didn't know about the third surgery, and a lost year and perhaps career, but this contract was signed without a healthy Peyton. The article basically says it was Condon/Manning getting as close to a 'no-trade' clause as they could - for what they probably hoped was as PM was 38 or 39, not now.....

Manning was not coming back anyways. Get over it. Time to start a new chapter.

You just dont get it man. Its not about if Peyton will come back to play or not. He might get cut, he might retire, or he might go play for another team. Most people have come to understand that and respect whatever the out come is. Its about not making this process ugly for either side. Peytons comments had nothing to do with Irsay or the franchise. They were comments on his feelings about losing a GM,some coaches. and trainers that he has known most of his career. I am sure it effects him. How couldnt it. He is sad and feels bad for them and their families. Thats all he ways saying. Nothing against the Colts. He understands it business. The problem is that if he is let go, and he probably will be it sounds like, that we want him to always be a Colt first. We dont want him playing somewhere else and being some savior for that franchise and never wanting to come back to Indy except to just beat us. Peyton is the reason the Colts probably stayed in Indy. He is the reason Mr. Irsay has a shinney new stadium to call his own. The city of Indy and surrounding area paid for that stadium with very little criticism becuase the Colts or so beloved now. Because of Peyton. So. if Peyton is going to be let go, we dont want Mr. Irsay saying something stupid and ruining the relationship with Peyton and the franchise. We want Peyton in the HOF as a Colt, not some other team. We want Peyton to come back to Indy when ever he wants and be honored every time he comes back.

You just dont get it man. Its not about if Peyton will come back to play or not. He might get cut, he might retire, or he might go play for another team. Most people have come to understand that and respect whatever the out come is. Its about not making this process ugly for either side. Peytons comments had nothing to do with Irsay or the franchise. They were comments on his feelings about losing a GM,some coaches. and trainers that he has known most of his career. I am sure it effects him. How couldnt it. He is sad and feels bad for them and their families. Thats all he ways saying. Nothing against the Colts. He understands it business. The problem is that if he is let go, and he probably will be it sounds like, that we want him to always be a Colt first. We dont want him playing somewhere else and being some savior for that franchise and never wanting to come back to Indy except to just beat us. Peyton is the reason the Colts probably stayed in Indy. He is the reason Mr. Irsay has a shinney new stadium to call his own. The city of Indy and surrounding area paid for that stadium with very little criticism becuase the Colts or so beloved now. Because of Peyton. So. if Peyton is going to be let go, we dont want Mr. Irsay saying something stupid and ruining the relationship with Peyton and the franchise. We want Peyton in the HOF as a Colt, not some other team. We want Peyton to come back to Indy when ever he wants and be honored every time he comes back.

Yes, Manning is the reason it is the Indianapolis Colts at this point as opposed to the Los Angeles Colts. LOS is the House that Peyton built. His absence is the main reason for the 2-14 record. He's the main reason for the 115 wins in the decade that Irsay likes to tweet about.Parcells always talked about how he treated some players different. You have to. LT meant more to the Giants than some other guys. Manning means more to the team than some other guys. Since Irsay is dead set on drafting Luck, its best to cut ties with Manning at this point. Either that or you trade the draft picks, and move forward with Manning and deal with the QB position later....This offseason is going to suck.

I do not like the way Peyton is being treated

What specically?

Was it the 250 million dollars or so he was paid during his time here? The constant use of first round picks on offensive skill positions so he would have only the best wide recievers and running backs? The complete control he was given over the offense? The God like status he was elevated to in the city?

How exactly has Peyton been so mistreated?

Kravitz has the biggest ego in Indy. This has played perfectly into his hand. Everyone talking about him and getting his ugly mug on ESPN. For Irsay to air out on Peyton was pathetic. Peyton Manning has made this family Billionaires. Jim owes Peyton whatever he wants if he is healthy. He needs to stop the stupid tweets and pay attention to TRUE detail. He is acting like his drunk dad did before leaving Baltimore. I can tell you this. No Peyton no season tickets for me. Nothing against Luck, we should take him but if Peyton can play there should not even be a question to if he plays in Indy. I don't know about the rest of you fans, but I am tired of watching National Sports shows and hear us as the butts of the NFL.

imo i think peyton and irsay should sit down talk it out..then both go to the media togeather and put this to rest once and for all..

I've had that thought too. I mean part of me was thinking really Irsay if you have such an issue about Manning talking to the media rather than you doing what you are upset with him for doing and go down to see Peyton Manning and talk about it. Peyton made it known he's in the Colts complex and isn't hiding from anyone. I know you don't want to let a player run your franchise and I don't think the Colts should but I also think it's okay to talk to a player of Manning's stature about what you are doing.

My advice to Jim Irsay right now would also be treed lightly. You aren't going to win a PR war with Peyton Manning in this city. If you have to make the hard call to release Peyton Manning it would be smart to stay quiet about it till you have to do it and make it look like a business move that you completely hated doing.

Here is video to Irsay talking to the media after the presser today.

People can judge for themselves if Kravitz is spinning or reporting what Irsay was saying.

http://blogs.indystar.com/sportspulse/2012/01/26/video-jim-irsay-responds-to-peyton-mannings-comments/

Again I love Peyton Manning to death and it kills me to say this but I honestly don't think we are going to see Peyton Manning play as an Indianapolis Colt again. I would love to be and I hope I am wrong.

It's all ^cowpatties^, misconstrued, speculative spin to sell copy. Peyton is in the middle of a huge transition at the facility while all his teammates are already in the offseason. He's facing the biggest disruption in continuity he's ever known and is frustrated. His been pretty quiet about it until now and unfortunately the frustrations show in an interview with a loser like Kravitz that can't keep things contextual. Irsay is a little disappointed with Peyton and probably sick and tired of answering a question he has repeatedly said can not answer. The only thing that is worthy of consideration regarding Peyton's future with the Colts is what happens between Peyton, Mr. Irsay and the doctors. When the doctors give the word on whether Peyton can play, and when Peyton and Irsay sit down together we'll know something. Like Peyton said in the interview, it's not time to talk about it now. It won't be time until the doctors and Peyton give Irsay an idea on if he'll be able to play or not.

I agree, after hearing the comments, Irsay didn't sound real mad about it, he was just upset that Manning went public. Im just getting tired of people automatically thinking that the media(namely Kravitz) is making everything up. People are putting Manning on a pedestal and im thinking a lot of people actually get on their knee's and pray to a bronze statue of him. Im a Peyton fan too but some people take their love for him to an unhealthy level.

Thing is, what did Irsay get upset with Peyton about? I read Kravitz's interview. I thought Peyton treated the subject with great respect and class. He did not say anything negative about Irsay or the Colts. He talked about his own feelings over the changes taking place so rapidly. If that is being a politician, Irsay is almost admitting that Peyton handled the interview well, because that is what politicians do -- seek to please everybody. It almost sounds like Irsay wants to pick a fight with Peyton to make it all look better on his part when he sends him packing.

What specically?

Was it the 250 million dollars or so he was paid during his time here? The constant use of first round picks on offensive skill positions so he would have only the best wide recievers and running backs? The complete control he was given over the offense? The God like status he was elevated to in the city?

Did you just read the first line?

Yes, Manning is the reason it is the Indianapolis Colts at this point as opposed to the Los Angeles Colts. LOS is the House that Peyton built. His absence is the main reason for the 2-14 record. He's the main reason for the 115 wins in the decade that Irsay likes to tweet about.Parcells always talked about how he treated some players different. You have to. LT meant more to the Giants than some other guys. Manning means more to the team than some other guys. Since Irsay is dead set on drafting Luck, its best to cut ties with Manning at this point. Either that or you trade the draft picks, and move forward with Manning and deal with the QB position later....This offseason is going to suck.

Wrong. The Colts are forbidden to play their home games anywhere other than Indy or negotiate relocation through 2034. Period.

So tell me, if you're in Irsay's shoes and find out Manning is an unhealthy gamble on March 8th do you throw caution to the wind and spend tens of millions & mortgage the future while huge decades-long commitments hang in the balance? Or, do you make a smart business decision and part ways with Manning even though it's not what you wished for and not the way you'd have ever prefered things to go if you could author the story?

Of course there's the release Manning and resign him sometime between March 8th and the start of the season option if he truly wants to remain a Colt and also wants to keep the team's best interest in mind.

Irsay isn't mad at Peyton, he's just explaining some of the things Peyton mentioned. Once again the media blows something out of proportion and you guys eat it up. Eating it up adds to the drama.

Just explaining?. Calling him a politician, accusing him of not keeping with family?. Sure, thats explaining depends on where you learned your language.

Peyton didnt call names, he just expressed his opinion that people working with him are let go and he was sad.

The owner goes to media and calls him a "Politician". I lost all respect for Jim.

I really wish Peyton gets healthy ( he has enough fuel in his fire already ), goes to some other team and when he gets a chance to play Colts Edit

Edited by Coltssouth
Masked cursing

Wrong.  The Colts are forbidden to play their home games anywhere other than Indy or negotiate relocation through 2034.  Period.  

So tell me, if you're in Irsay's shoes and find out Manning is an unhealthy gamble on March 8th do you throw caution to the wind and spend tens of millions & mortgage the future while huge decades-long commitments hang in the balance?  Or, do you make a smart business decision and part ways with Manning even though it's not what you wished for and not the way you'd have ever prefered things to go if you could author the story?

It seems the point went right over your head..He's the reason they are STILL in INDY..Draft Ryan Leaf and it's the L.A. Colts at this point. There wouldn't be a LOS aka, the House that Peyton Built. The RCA dome would still be standing.The 2nd part of your post. It would depend on his health. If he's healthy, I roll with 18 and sign/draft/trade for a QB when he retires. If he's not then I look at various scenarios that would benefit the team the most.

This is getting blown up by Kravitz and JMV. Did any of you guys actually hear the comments from Irsay.....HEARD....not READ? He didn't seem that confrontational to me. In fact, if I hadn't heard JMZ's characterization of the comments, I wouldn't have thought much of them.

I see all these headlines about "Irsay Mad at Manning." This is getting blown out of proportion.

No - I have the "not-streaming-video" problem. Would love to hear the presser......

I still see this very much as Jim Irsay is going too keep Peyton, and it is medical decision, not a money decision. This "bad blood" is made up by the media, just as they did Peyton and Bill Polian. I am not sure how much clearer Jim Irsay has to be on that subject. Sure, I wish at a press conference he would just come out and say "Peyton Manning is the greatest QB of all time. If his health is good, he is our QB next year". Yeah, I know he said it at the Thursday night game, but he clearly has to say it again.

Irsay isn't mad at Peyton, he's just explaining some of the things Peyton mentioned. Once again the media blows something out of proportion and you guys eat it up. Eating it up adds to the drama.

I'm much less concerned after seeing this.

Colt fan since early 70's here. Manning becoming new Farve- The organization has to do what is best bfor the whole of the team- The King Manning days of control are over; get with the new program, or get out!

I've had that thought too. I mean part of me was thinking really Irsay if you have such an issue about Manning talking to the media rather than you doing what you are upset with him for doing and go down to see Peyton Manning and talk about it. Peyton made it known he's in the Colts complex and isn't hiding from anyone. I know you don't want to let a player run your franchise and I don't think the Colts should but I also think it's okay to talk to a player of Manning's stature about what you are doing.

My advice to Jim Irsay right now would also be treed lightly. You aren't going to win a PR war with Peyton Manning in this city. If you have to make the hard call to release Peyton Manning it would be smart to stay quiet about it till you have to do it and make it look like a business move that you completely hated doing.

Here is video to Irsay talking to the media after the presser today.

People can judge for themselves if Kravitz is spinning or reporting what Irsay was saying.

http://blogs.indysta...nings-comments/

Again I love Peyton Manning to death and it kills me to say this but I honestly don't think we are going to see Peyton Manning play as an Indianapolis Colt again. I would love to be and I hope I am wrong.

thanks for the post..espn is making a big deal over it on espn 32.jim irsay.didn't sound mad to me..but like you with all thats been going on it don't look good for peyton..

What specically?

Outstanding post.

I still see this very much as Jim Irsay is going too keep Peyton, and it is medical decision, not a money decision. This "bad blood" is made up by the media, just as they did Peyton and Bill Polian. I am not sure how much clearer Jim Irsay has to be on that subject. Sure, I wish at a press conference he would just come out and say "Peyton Manning is the greatest QB of all time. If his health is good, he is our QB next year". Yeah, I know he said it at the Thursday night game, but he clearly has to say it again.

But, if he believes that Peyton won't be healthy enough by March 8th, it doesn't matter how much he says that

Just explaining?. Calling him a politician, accusing him of not keeping with family?. Sure, thats explaining depends on where you learned your language.

Peyton didnt call names, he just expressed his opinion that people working with him are let go and he was sad.

The owner goes to media and calls him a "Politician". I lost all respect for Jim.

I really wish Peyton gets healthy ( he has enough fuel in his fire already ), goes to some other team and when he gets a chance to play Colts, f**k them so bad.

Your tone certainly doesn't match Irsay's tone. He didn't call him names, he said he was a politician, as in he usually keeps things close to the vest. He expressed he wish Peyton did the same here.

There was no name calling or even anger in his voice.

I dont doubt Irsay when he says him and Peyton will always be family but I still think he's doing a little bit of downplaying in the video after making the comment to Kravitz earlier.

I dont think this even will be the straw that breaks the camel's back or anything but I certainly dont think its going to help what is already an uncertain and uneasy situation. Irsay is professional and isnt going to get into a shouting match through the media with Peyton but you can tell he's not exactly thrilled by what Peyton said.

I do agree ESPN is fishing for a story and being overly dramatic with their reporting but I do kinda get the feeling he wont be back myself. Polian's comments on Manning's health, Irsay talking about rebuilding and the future, etc...Just not alot to breed confidence in him being back.

I really hope im wrong. I really do.