Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let Luck Be Luck

jszfunk

I understand we want to keep him "clean", but this team does not have many options as far as winning at this point. Why not let him loose like he played his first three years here. Getting out of the pocket, rolling out, calling the shots at the line,maybe running a little more. I think he can still be smart and slide/get down and keep from injury , but he has NO HELP at the line. If he is gonna get hit(sacked) why not let him get out and try and do something instead?  What are the other options? The line is giving him no time,

receivers cant catch half the time, defense is not stopping anyone etc...

They gave him the cash to lead this team , now let him do it.  If I were AL , I would just start doing it my way. What are they gonna do , bench him?  I do not want him to get hurt, but I think he still can keep himself safe, but lead this team like he should and can. Take control, god knows Grigson has not surrounded him with talent and I am starting to wonder the coaching decisons unless we are donw by 20!!:td:

I want Luck to play smarter at the beginning of games. Diving head first into a behemoth line backer to get an extra yard in the first quarter of a game is unnecessary and he looks keen on fixing.

However at the end of a crucial game against a divisional opponent, on fourth down and 1, in the fourth quarter and he has a shot at getting the first, I'd like to see him try to make that play. Granted, Allen DID look open on the fourth and 1 play, and he really should have held on to that ball, plus there was no guarantee Luck would even get the first, so I'm not mad at him at all for that. 

I want him to remain competitive and fight for every yard, but when it's unnecessary, just slide, or go out of bounds and live to fight another day.