Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

On a positive note.....


Recommended Posts

I met and shook hands with good old 44 himself, Dallas Clark, at the game yesterday. He also did a 10 minute 'interview' on stage at the tailgate. He was classy and good fun. Shame the game ruined a great day out......he talked fondly of Peyton and his calls and audibles etc. Omaha got a few mentions. Good fun.

 

And I nearly met up with Croatiancoltsfan, but couldn't find him then my phone ran out of battery (just like when I was in Indy!) 

 

Jerseys seen: Luck (hundreds), Manning (dozens), Wayne (a few), And one each of: Faulk, Freeney, Harrison, Castonzo, McAfee, AV, Vandejagt, Saturday. And 6 of our Cheerleaders.....

 

Not sure how you coach players to catch a football when that is their base skill / job. Onto the Bears.....chins up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

I met and shook hands with good old 44 himself, Dallas Clark, at the game yesterday. He also did a 10 minute 'interview' on stage at the tailgate. He was classy and good fun. Shame the game ruined a great day out......he talked fondly of Peyton and his calls and audibles etc. Omaha got a few mentions. Good fun.

 

And I nearly met up with Croatiancoltsfan, but couldn't find him then my phone ran out of battery (just like when I was in Indy!) 

 

Jerseys seen: Luck (hundreds), Manning (dozens), Wayne (a few), And one each of: Faulk, Freeney, Harrison, Castonzo, McAfee, AV, Vandejagt, Saturday. And 6 of our Cheerleaders.....

 

Not sure how you coach players to catch a football when that is their base skill / job. Onto the Bears.....chins up.

 

I'm glad you and the others who made it to the game had a good time.  I understand how unique and important it is to you.

 

Howevah...personally I hope the Colts never have to go over there again.  I liked nothing of that setting, from the color of the numbers on the field, to the sound of the crowd, and even the cheesy announcements that were made during the TV timeouts.   It just didn't have the "feel" of a real NFL game to me.

 

Sorry to rain on your parade, but that's my opinion.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very cool that you got to meet Dallas.  Sorry that you didn't  see a better game.  I guess it's  hard to top the Colts Seahawks game you came to a few years back.  Now that was a great game.

 

Hope to see you over here again sometime.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

 

I'm glad you and the others who made it to the game had a good time.  I understand how unique and important it is to you.

 

Howevah...personally I hope the Colts never have to go over there again.  I liked nothing of that setting, from the color of the numbers on the field, to the sound of the crowd, and even the cheesy announcements that were made during the TV timeouts.   It just didn't have the "feel" of a real NFL game to me.

 

Sorry to rain on your parade, but that's my opinion.  

 

Glad I'm not the only one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

 

I'm glad you and the others who made it to the game had a good time.  I understand how unique and important it is to you.

 

Howevah...personally I hope the Colts never have to go over there again.  I liked nothing of that setting, from the color of the numbers on the field, to the sound of the crowd, and even the cheesy announcements that were made during the TV timeouts.   It just didn't have the "feel" of a real NFL game to me.

 

Sorry to rain on your parade, but that's my opinion.  

 

No problem. Unfortunately the Commish disagrees with you my friend. He did a stage interview as well, and intimated the UK would get 4 games next year.......he also revealed he was a Baltimore Colts fan when young, then a Redskins fan......not sure if that interests anybody, but there you have it.....

 

If was a grand day out, and good to see our team, even if they did suck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, much of the game was ruined for me and my girlfriend by a pretentious hipster-type sitting behind us. He was wearing a throwback Patriots jersey, yet he was cheering hard against the Colts.

 

He was using unsavoury language throughout. His football knowledge was painfully bad and most annoyingly he was repetitively hitting my girlfriend in the head with those stupid Jaguard flags they handed out. At first I thought it was an accident but we briefly swapped seats after getting snacks at the end of Q1 and he was hitting me.in the head with it then. I also saw him hitting a girl in the row infront of us with the flag also.

 

I had a great day aside from that. Me and the girlfriend are planning a trip to the US next year and we are hoping to stop off in Indy for a game.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

While I fully understand the frustrations of the American fans, I have to say that seeing a "real" game was special for me and my family and I am sure both the Colts and the NFL in general will have picked up a few more fans in the process of being over here.

I have no idea how the games are chosen, but it would be great for all UK based fans to see the team again, and hopefully get a better result next time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kcccolts said:

While I fully understand the frustrations of the American fans, I have to say that seeing a "real" game was special for me and my family and I am sure both the Colts and the NFL in general will have picked up a few more fans in the process of being over here.

I have no idea how the games are chosen, but it would be great for all UK based fans to see the team again, and hopefully get a better result next time.

 

:hug: I'll bet it was special.  It was awesome for us to meet some of you long distance fans!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Nadine, I am not sure if I met you or not, but we were chatting to some Colts fans in the queue for matchday merchandise before the game and also while eating some food after the game.

 

Our next plan is to come over to the USA and watch a game in Indianapolis, but I think that will be some time in the future.

 

Hopefully the additional travel will not have a negative impact on the team and they will get back to winning ways on Sunday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kcccolts said:

Thanks Nadine, I am not sure if I met you or not, but we were chatting to some Colts fans in the queue for matchday merchandise before the game and also while eating some food after the game.

 

Our next plan is to come over to the USA and watch a game in Indianapolis, but I think that will be some time in the future.

 

Hopefully the additional travel will not have a negative impact on the team and they will get back to winning ways on Sunday.

Unfortunately I was not there.  I meant meeting you guys here.

Seeing a home game is the best, especially for long distance fans.  I hope you make it some day

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2016 at 1:59 PM, backshoulderfade said:

Unfortunately, much of the game was ruined for me and my girlfriend by a pretentious hipster-type sitting behind us. He was wearing a throwback Patriots jersey, yet he was cheering hard against the Colts.

 

He was using unsavoury language throughout. His football knowledge was painfully bad and most annoyingly he was repetitively hitting my girlfriend in the head with those stupid Jaguard flags they handed out. At first I thought it was an accident but we briefly swapped seats after getting snacks at the end of Q1 and he was hitting me.in the head with it then. I also saw him hitting a girl in the row infront of us with the flag also.

 

I had a great day aside from that. Me and the girlfriend are planning a trip to the US next year and we are hoping to stop off in Indy for a game.

 

 


Had the exact same experience, expect this guys didn't wear a jersey.. He did root against the Colts though and thinking it was really funny yelling all kind of stuff just so all the colts fans where I was located got *... When he hit my girlfriend with the flag on purpose I was close to punching him in the face.. It didn't help Colts was behind so I was of course furious.. Lucky his GF had enough herself and they left with 10 min left in the 4 Quarter...  but all in all an amazing experience watching my first NFL game and just visiting London...

Good thing the missus good hooked and she's willing to go to a Colts home game... Can't wait :cheer:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a great time in London the tailgate on Regent St. on the Saturday was a lot of fun. My Girlfriend and myself somehow stumbled into an area that they roped off where the colts who were on stage had to come by. Got to shake hands with all the players and even go a picture with a few of them. Was a great time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Robin said:


Had the exact same experience, expect this guys didn't wear a jersey.. He did root against the Colts though and thinking it was really funny yelling all kind of stuff just so all the colts fans where I was located got *... When he hit my girlfriend with the flag on purpose I was close to punching him in the face.. It didn't help Colts was behind so I was of course furious.. Lucky his GF had enough herself and they left with 10 min left in the 4 Quarter...  but all in all an amazing experience watching my first NFL game and just visiting London...

Good thing the missus good hooked and she's willing to go to a Colts home game... Can't wait :cheer:

Likewise. I can't wait to go to LOS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, braveheartcolt said:

Guys, save up and go to Indy if you can. One of my best weekends ever. The result helped, but the town and the people are just fantastic. I cannot wait until I return. And Gramz, JSkinnz and Schwam, the beers will be on me...

Looking forward to it.  We will treat you to dinner. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad your London experience was an enjoyable one despite the final score BHC. I wasn't there in person of course, by I did get a kick out of American ads being read on air with an English accent though. A new twist on things. I liked it. It's cool to hear about Forum regulars meeting in the flesh at live games BTW. Attach a face to a name that sort of thing. 

 

You do get around as a world traveler BHC--Scotland, France, London, Indianapolis. I'll bet you have a ton of fascinating stories to tell my friend in your time on this planet. Maybe someday, I'll get to hear them with your own unique brand of narration & sarcasm. Anyway, I like how you make the best of every situation you find yourself in & that Gramz, JSkinnz, Schwam, & others always make you feel at home. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do feel bad for backshoulderfade & robin who had to deal with obnoxious Jag fans hitting on their women & waving those yellow flags around like small children on a Christmas sugar high in December. I applaud both of you for keeping your composure under such trying circumstances. 

 

I think some pain in the caboose adults forget that they are in public as opposed to their own apartments, homes, or entertainment pads & as a result, a few select 'winners' ruin the whole event for fans in the stands. 

 

Hopefully your next NFL overseas experience will be more festive & memorable for all the right reasons BSF & Robin. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...