Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Protesting this team

BProland85

2 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

That's all your perspective. There has not been a 20 year stretch of high caliber winning football. 

For some fans, such as myself, it's not fun seeing Good/great teams consistently under perform when it matters the most (The Playoffs). 

No one has the right to call another fan spoiled as that's incredibly subjective. It's not spoiled to expect more out of your team than the browns and teams like that perform. 

At the end of the day we're all fans and all experience the game differently. It's not cool to call someone spoiled just because they're frustrated with circumstances out of their control. 

You're right it wasn't 20 years....   it was 17.      And during that Polian era it amounted to the 2nd most win in all of the NFL....   I think behind only the Patriots.

And now, in the first 4 year of the Luck era,  the winning has continued.  

Anyone has the right to call a fan spoiled who is not happy with the last 17 years.

You contradict yourself and you don't even know it.     On the one hand you argue that Manning covered up so many flaws.      And on the other hand, you note that the team under-performed in the playoffs.      Well,  that's what happens when your roster is flawed.

Still....   it doesn't matter.....   you won more games than 30 other teams in the NFL for most of Polians reign and have continued to win since Luck arrived. 

And yet you and others here are not happy.      I have no trouble calling any fan who has not been satisfied with the last 17 years to be spoiled.....      A record that great over such a long period of time deserves respect not scorn...

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Because Dwayne Allen and Anthony Castanzo were both still in the game yesterday after they stunk it up. I understand with Castanzo, because we don't really have a ton of depth at LT, but Dwayne Allen should be benched, plain and simple. Jack Doyle is far and away a much better option.

Let the hate flow through you

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You're right it wasn't 20 years....   it was 17.      And during that Polian era it amounted to the 2nd most win in all of the NFL....   I think behind only the Patriots.

Anyone has the right to call a fan spoiled who is not happy with the last 17 years.

You contradict yourself and you don't even know it.     On the one hand you argue that Manning covered up so many flaws.      And on the other hand, you note that the team under-performed in the playoffs.      Well,  that's what happens when your roster is flawed.

Still....   it doesn't matter.....   you won more games than 30 other teams in the NFL for most of Polians reign and have continued to win since Luck arrived. 

And yet you and others here are not happy.      I have no trouble calling any fan who has not been satisfied with the last 17 years to be spoiled.....      A record that great over such a long period of time deserves respect not scorn...

No. There was no contradiction, that's just you interjecting your own ideas/interpretations. We're mad because, like you said, the roster and always has been flawed. Not once have we fixed it. 

In the NFL the wins that matter happen in the playoffs. I literally do not care that we used to, prior to last year, beat up on our division for a free ride to the playoffs. What i do care about was having the best qb in NFL history constantly get knocked out of the playoffs because him masking all of our flaws would eventually catch up to us. 

The same thing is happening to Luck except he's just not as good as Manning so now we're not even rolling through the regular season. 

Like youve admitted right in your name, you're a new Colts Fan. You just don't get it. 

9 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

No. There was no contradiction, that's just you interjecting your own ideas/interpretations. We're mad because, like you said, the roster and always has been flawed. Not once have we fixed it. 

In the NFL the wins that matter happen in the playoffs. I literally do not care that we used to, prior to last year, beat up on our division for a free ride to the playoffs. What i do care about was having the best qb in NFL history constantly get knocked out of the playoffs because him masking all of our flaws would eventually catch up to us. 

The same thing is happening to Luck except he's just not as good as Manning so now we're not even rolling through the regular season. 

Like youve admitted right in your name, you're a new Colts Fan. You just don't get it. 

I don't get it with any fans that are as dismissive of massive success as you are.

The more you defend yourself,  the worse it looks.

And I want to be clear about something.........   I'm not happy with Grigson, or Pagano, or Luck, or even Irsay....

But I'm not jumping ship or demanding anything just because we're having a hard time.      This year may go south.     But a fan doesn't abandon ship just because of a bad year like this.      These things take time.

These things are hard.     These things are harder to fix than it may seem.....

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

1-Luck is getting better protection when the injured players are in the line up.

2-We do have a decent running game.

3-How do you know players are not being held accountable?

4-There are rules and laws in the collective bargaining agreement that dictate what and how practices are being run.

4. Exactly. Hell, the Seahawks just got fined, lost a week of OTA's, and lost a 5th Rd pick next year for a practice violation.

28 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't get it with any fans that are as dismissive of massive success as you are.

The more you defend yourself,  the worse it looks.

And I want to be clear about something.........   I'm not happy with Grigson, or Pagano, or Luck, or even Irsay....

But I'm not jumping ship or demanding anything just because we're having a hard time.      This year may go south.     But a fan doesn't abandon ship just because of a bad year like this.      These things take time.

These things are hard.     These things are harder to fix than it may seem.....

I'm a diehard Colts fan. I'm not jumping ship. I'm just disappointed that history is repeating itself except we don't have a Manning at QB this time around. 

You call it massive success but it's really just playoff mediocrity except for that one magical year our defense got it's crap together and we played da burrs 

5 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

That's all your perspective. There has not been a 20 year stretch of high caliber winning football. 

For some fans, such as myself, it's not fun seeing Good/great teams consistently under perform when it matters the most (The Playoffs). 

No one has the right to call another fan spoiled as that's incredibly subjective. It's not spoiled to expect more out of your team than the browns and teams like that perform. 

At the end of the day we're all fans and all experience the game differently. It's not cool to call someone spoiled just because they're frustrated with circumstances out of their control. 

That's right. The Colts and any choices they make are out of all of our controls. To let that bother you so much it becomes an issue to where you are so negative it becomes an almost hatred type of attitude there is more to your problem that the Colts are doing. It is a game. It don't pay your bills. You are not married to it. It is suppose to be entertainment, not the be all. It really has no bearing on your life except for in your head.

If being a fan means football controls my emotions then I need to get my priorities in order.

12 hours ago, BProland85 said:

You don't know who would be interested either. Nobody knows. But Irsay didn't interview many HCs the year he hired Pagano. That shows me he didn't try as hard as he could to bring in the best candidate possible.

Or that he found what he was looking for. That's the thing about speculation.

Why are the Colts NOT playing Todman, instead of Josh F.(I was wrong about him). Todman  seems to play better than Josh on the pro level.  And also the next draft the Colts may need to look at getting another Left Tackle because WHOEVER THAT IS TRYING TO PLAY THAT POSITION THIS YEAR IS NOT GETTING IT DONE.  YES whoever that guy is---IS playing like he has alot of job security. 

8 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Forgive me for not wanting to be linked in with other losing franchises. The Colts have a rich tradition unlike that of the Browns and Jags and should be better than what they are being ridiculed as now. 

How strong was that rich tradition when the Colts were the constant doormat for the NFL? I was here, were you?

Did you jump on the Colts bandwagon because they were winning? And now their not winning you want to jump ship? It's a free world.

Oh by the way you bring up tradition. Did you know the Browns have 8 league championships, 12 conference championships, 13 division championships and 28 playoff appearances. Football didn't start when you started watching.

You ever heard of Paul Brown? He is the only person a NFL team is named after. Now that is tradition.

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

There haven't been enough bad years for anything to weigh on you or anyone else here....

This fan base has had a stretch of roughly 20 years of high caliber winning football.

And now that we've hit hard times,  the fans who are completely spoiled come out.

There are far too many spoiled rotten fans here.....    they don't know just how good they've had it.

I confess,  it bothers me.....

I get the bulk of what you're saying NCF. INDY has had a number of successful seasons under Manning & Luck has had a relatively smooth transition too since he arrived in the Hoosier State. And it's easy to get complacent or assume that this level of success will always continue. A wise observation. I won't infer or imply that fans are say for instance crybabies. Just that I agree with you that glory days can't last forever. The Colts will return to prominence eventually, but it can't transpire every single season. Hiccups are part of life as you so astutely suggest my friend. 

4 hours ago, Jules said:

Good call on this "Network" quote Jules. People are frustrated & they want quick fixes like yesterday when anything interferes with the habit of winning. 

Your clip reminds me of a scene from the movie "Pale Rider" when a local pan miner tries to convince his friends that the Preacher & former hired killer for hirer has not left the town & that even without Clint Eastwood's presence that the miner & the rest of the community can stand up to the strip mining rich baron. His buddies don't believe his fabricated story saying more or less we're toast now. 

I think a lot of fans are discouraged due to our coaching staff's lack of quarter by quarter adjustments. I don't think it is all that bad. Modifications are being made but execution on the field isn't as smooth as Pags, Grigs, or Jimmy would like it, but it will come. The Detroit game, the Denver game, & the London game all came down to just 1 play so, INDY is still in games late. 

2 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

I'm a diehard Colts fan. I'm not jumping ship. I'm just disappointed that history is repeating itself except we don't have a Manning at QB this time around. 

You call it massive success but it's really just playoff mediocrity except for that one magical year our defense got it's crap together and we played da burrs 

2nd most regular season wins in a stretch of more than a decade is the very definition of success.

Playoffs are a crap-shoot for most.....     the team with the best record doesn't always win....    like the Giants 2 Super Bowl wins with 9-7 teams....     stuff happens....  

This league is the hardest to win in professional sports....

14 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I don't know how you all feel about this, but it is very hard for me to support a team and owner that refuses to admit he made a mistake by bringing back Pagano and Grigson. He is wasting away Luck's career and will continue to do so the longer he keeps these two at the helm.

I for one will be taking a stand and won't be attending any Colts games this season or buying any Colts merchandise until Irsay does what is necessary to start surrounding Andrew Luck with a capable coaching staff and roster to compete for a championship.

I think it is time for us Colts fans to take a stand and voice our frustrations of this team to Mr. Irsay. This is the best way I know how to do so.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Colts and am glad for the years they have spent in Indianapolis. But it's time to show our feelings towards Irsay allowing this franchise to go backwards instead of progressing towards a championship.

I live in Phoenix and I'm sure many Cardinals fans have taken the same individual boycott approach through the decades of mostly incompetent ownership by the Bidwills. Perhaps when Charles Bidwill was the owner back in the 40s and 50s, ticket sales were key to financial survival, but it has been many years since that has been true.

It is impossible for any current NFL owner to avoid getting filthy rich no matter how incompetent that owner is. Skip your protest. It is a waste of time.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

2nd most regular season wins in a stretch of more than a decade is the very definition of success.

Playoffs are a crap-shoot for most.....     the team with the best record doesn't always win....    like the Giants 2 Super Bowl wins with 9-7 teams....     stuff happens....  

For God's sake. Enough with the regular season wins nonsense. I've already stated that me (the guy you're quoting and arguing with) does not value regular season wins as much as post season wins. 

It's pretty obvious just looking at the playoffs year after year who the real good teams, cultures and franchises have been. They're not always the ones with good regular season records, like you said about the Giants. 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

That's right. The Colts and any choices they make are out of all of our controls. To let that bother you so much it becomes an issue to where you are so negative it becomes an almost hatred type of attitude there is more to your problem that the Colts are doing. It is a game. It don't pay your bills. You are not married to it. It is suppose to be entertainment, not the be all. It really has no bearing on your life except for in your head.

If being a fan means football controls my emotions then I need to get my priorities in order.

It doesn't bother me to the point where it becomes an issue. I can say that no matter how are team has done that is has literally not affected me. I don't even get mad about it. As I've stated many times it's just tiring to see the team you support fall into the same pitfalls year after year. Sometimes a shakeup is necessary. 

Like I said before, we don't have Manning anymore to cruise us through the regular season. So now even the casual fans(those who don't look big picture) are becoming upset. 

9 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

For God's sake. Enough with the regular season wins nonsense. I've already stated that me (the guy you're quoting and arguing with) does not value regular season wins as much as post season wins. 

It's pretty obvious just looking at the playoffs year after year who the real good teams, cultures and franchises have been. They're not always the ones with good regular season records, like you said about the Giants. 

For God's sake....   the idea that you view the regular season as nonsense tells me everything I need to know about you.

Spoiled.

Here's a hint.......     the playoffs that you love so much,  you can't get there without winning in the regular season.

That you don't get it,  says EVERYTHING........

I believe that I see what is going to become some real talent and depth to survive the constant injuries and still win. This bunch is a load of rookies and second year players that will soon start winning regularly. As soon as the O-line gels the sky is the limit with this team and these coaches. I think it is being done right for a change and this is no time for a new direction. This won't be a Super Bowl year but with another good draft, next year could well be. This is the best young team in this division now as we will all see in the next couple of weeks. Protesting a team heading for some sustained success makes no sense to me. Give the rooks a minute.

From Jimmy's perspective, he's probably thinking I cleared the decks in 2011 under Jim Caldwell & GM Bill Polian. Why would I wanna do that again when my team played in the DeFlate Gate game? Besides, I shelled out all this dough on new contracts for Pags & Grigs. I have to at least keep them in play for 2 yrs minimum even if I wanted to shake things up because it's dump to release guys on presumably 4 yr extensions I'm guessing. No owner is going eat 4 yr extensions after offering them new deals because it's a poor business model virtually throwing money away by doing that. Therefore, give both men 2 more seasons to make strides or not. 

I agree with those who say if our defense struggles, which it does try deploring more slants, more screens, anything to throw the ball downfield to open up the running game later on. And maybe krunk is right when he said that Allen is too comfortable & he has no fear that his job in the starting lineup is in jeopardy along with Anthony Castonzo, who needs to do a better job blocking for Luck's benefit. I'm not saying cut these guys just light a fire under their backside to step up their game. 

Starting slow until the 2nd half really bothers me. We've gotta begin fast & in rhythm sooner. Pittsburgh is gonna crush us & I wanna hang with the alpha dog teams man. If Chicago pulls out a win, it's gonna be brutal on this forum. Yikes! Oh great, Minnesota & their smothering D is on the near horizon too. How loverly. LOL! 

Grind it out I guess & pray that INDY can get wins against the Titans & the Chiefs. Crap. We face the Jets D as well. Not good. Not good at all. 

I agree since the 1995 Season we have played in 5 AFC Title Games, been to 2 SB's, and won 1 SB. Since the 1995 Season we have only had 4 losing seasons = 1997, 1998, 2001, and 2011. I went back 21 seasons even. Since the 1995 Season we have the 2nd most Regular Season wins in the NFL only behind New England. So for people complaining constantly about one 8-8 season and a 1-3 start this season should really look at how Great we have been over the last 21 seasons. Ok we only 1 SB but there are a lot of Good to Great franchises that haven't even won 1 like the Bills from 1990-1993, Vikings during the 90's with Moss, Carter, Smith, Randle, Eagles with McNabb who went to 5 NFC Title Games and 1 SB but never won 1, Chargers in the mid 2000's were Very Good as well but never even made a SB. I am not happy either with the 1-3 start but I am thankful for what the Colts franchise has given me as a fan since Harbaugh's magical season in 95. We have a lot of spoiled fans is the main point.

-Think about this fact, over the last 21 seasons we have played in more AFC Title Games then we have had losing seasons.

17 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I don't know how you all feel about this, but it is very hard for me to support a team and owner that refuses to admit he made a mistake by bringing back Pagano and Grigson. He is wasting away Luck's career and will continue to do so the longer he keeps these two at the helm.

I for one will be taking a stand and won't be attending any Colts games this season or buying any Colts merchandise until Irsay does what is necessary to start surrounding Andrew Luck with a capable coaching staff and roster to compete for a championship.

I think it is time for us Colts fans to take a stand and voice our frustrations of this team to Mr. Irsay. This is the best way I know how to do so.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Colts and am glad for the years they have spent in Indianapolis. But it's time to show our feelings towards Irsay allowing this franchise to go backwards instead of progressing towards a championship.

To the bolded.  Seems to me that fans have never ever been reluctant to voice their frustrations. It comes with losing as does the finger pointing and demands for firings.

And I don't think any formal protest is needed.  Fans will stop attending, watching, and buying if the team keeps losing. It's frustrating and worse than that, it's just flat out boring. It's not fun at all.

It's reasonable to expect that the team would be getting more competitive instead of less.  

I don't necessarily think that firing people all the time is the answer. Yet that seems to be the expectation.

"We're losing so, FIRE SOMEONE. It must be someone's fault and they should be fired."

I don't think there is anyone player or coach who can 'save' us.  I tend to think that the people that we have need to work this out and figure out how to win. That's what they get paid for.

Something Peyton said at the HOF resonated with me, that is, looking back on the Colts he can see now that what we had, was not normal, it was special.

“It really is unbelievable,” Manning said. “Last year, we had (former team President Bill) Polian going in. It’s really not normal. I think I speak for most of the players that we realize now that it’s not normal. I think when you’re playing, you kind of (say), ‘Well, this is how it is.’ You have this great head coach and you have these great receivers and you have a great general manager. It becomes somewhat normal.

“But now you realize that wasn’t normal and how special Tony Dungy was as a coach and how special Marvin Harrison was.”

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2016/08/06/manning-reflects-special-hall-fame-colts/88352484/

The playoff deficiency is easily explained.

For a decade, teams could run the ball at will against the Colts.   Manning solved that.   He scored early and often and teams gave up on the run.  This helped the defense tee off on the QB.   Sacks went up.  

But when you get to the playoffs, you play better defenses who game plan better to stop Manning.   Then they can rush the ball more.  

A few playoff game rushing yards given up by the Colts defenses:

I still don't understand why everyone is so angry that some of us are criticizing the Colts.   Are fans only allowed to say good things?   I think only one person said they are boycotting the team.   That is not what I am doing.   Just because the Colts won in the past don't mean we should quietly accept how bad the team is now.  

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

For a decade, teams could run the ball at will against the Colts.   Manning solved that.   He scored early and often and teams gave up on the run.  This helped the defense tee off on the QB.   Sacks went up.  

But when you get to the playoffs, you play better defenses who game plan better to stop Manning.   Then they can rush the ball more.  

I still don't understand why everyone is so angry that some of us are criticizing the Colts.   Are fans only allowed to say good things?   I think only one person said they are boycotting the team.   That is not what I am doing.   Just because the Colts won in the past don't mean we should quietly accept how bad the team is now.  

I think we should be criticized right now, we have blown 2 games we should've won by making bad decisions on plays, committing dumb Penalties, etc.. I do think we have a lot of spoiled fans though because since 1995 we have been a Top 5 franchise easily when you factor in our Regular Season wins, Title Game appearances, and SB win. I think I speak for several people in here as in I don't think some appreciate what we have had and have accomplished over the 21 years since Harbaugh's run. Even with Luck we have made a Title Game so it hasn't been all Peyton.

For God's sake....   the idea that you view the regular season as nonsense tells me everything I need to know about you.

Spoiled.

Here's a hint.......     the playoffs that you love so much,  you can't get there without winning in the regular season.

That you don't get it,  says EVERYTHING........

You Know it's funny with you. It's like you live in a world of absolutes.  You just can't get it through your head that I completely understand regular season wins get us to the post season. Yet at the same time you also can't understand the importance of winning in the post season. 

You think you have some inherent right to call anyone, let alone me spoiled? That's fine. You just became a colts fan 4 years ago, you really don't know anything about this team or have any experience aside from the Luck years. You're just not very knowledgeable due to your inexperience and are prone injecting your own ideas into every single post that you quote. 

All a common theme with you. 

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry to say it, but all those regular season wins only got us 1 SB in Manning's career here. They get you to the playoffs, but a lot of teams were getting them and getting to the playoffs. Since 1998, there have been 11 SB winners. Patriots 4 times, Denver 3 times, Baltimore 2 times, Pittsburgh 2 times, New York Giants 2 Times, Seahawks once, Saints once, Packers once, Rams once, and the Colts once.

1998-2016, we've had the best combinations of QB's of all 32 teams through that span. We've had the best opportunity to create a dynasty. I've started watching since I was 10 years old and Peyton got drafted. I had to watch as a kid and growing up past then as Peyton and the Colts had one and done years throughout the playoffs on the Colts and only got us one SB win in 15 with a top 5 QB of all time. Then Andrew Luck is in his 5th year and has no team around him and we're hoping for the same at best at this point. Most fans thought we'd get multiple SB's throughout his career when we drafted Luck in 2012, now most here would be happy with 1 before he retired.

I was winning every basic tourney in pokemon when I started playing it, but would lose the city, state and higher tourneys in the playoffs. Once I got an invite to worlds, I played in the tournament and took it as having fun. I went 2-5 and was embarrassed. After that, I worked harder than ever and started destroying people, winning in the playoffs in big tourneys, winning city, state, and a regional championship, and making the playoffs at nationals and worlds over the years. Something I could never do without putting in hard work and refusing to change.

Pagano isn't putting in that effort, he refuses to change his style, and that's why we continue to see the slow starts every game. It's a reflection on the team, it's a reflection on me, as a fan, that I support a team that plays like this and gives no effort, and it wears me out as a fan knowing what the game is going to be like every week knowing we will just fall behind. I expect more out of this team with Andrew Luck.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Sorry to say it, but all those regular season wins only got us 1 SB in Manning's career here. They get you to the playoffs, but a lot of teams were getting them and getting to the playoffs. Since 1998, there have been 11 SB winners. Patriots 4 times, Denver 3 times, Baltimore 2 times, Pittsburgh 2 times, New York Giants 2 Times, Seahawks once, Saints once, Packers once, Rams once, and the Colts once.

1998-2016, we've had the best combinations of QB's of all 32 teams through that span. We've had the best opportunity to create a dynasty. I've started watching since I was 10 years old and Peyton got drafted. I had to watch as a kid and growing up past then as Peyton and the Colts had one and done years throughout the playoffs on the Colts and only got us one SB win in 15 with a top 5 QB of all time. Then Andrew Luck is in his 5th year and has no team around him and we're hoping for the same at best at this point. Most fans thought we'd get multiple SB's throughout his career when we drafted Luck in 2012, now most here would be happy with 1 before he retired.

I was winning every basic tourney in pokemon when I started playing it, but would lose the city, state and higher tourneys in the playoffs. Once I got an invite to worlds, I played in the tournament and took it as having fun. I went 2-5 and was embarrassed. After that, I worked harder than ever and started destroying people, winning in the playoffs in big tourneys, winning city, state, and a regional championship, and making the playoffs at nationals and worlds over the years. Something I could never do without putting in hard work and refusing to change.

Pagano isn't putting in that effort, he refuses to change his style, and that's why we continue to see the slow starts every game. It's a reflection on the team, it's a reflection on me, as a fan, that I support a team that plays like this and gives no effort, and it wears me out as a fan knowing what the game is going to be like every week knowing we will just fall behind. I expect more out of this team with Andrew Luck.

If you base it on SB wins only, going back to 1995 (Harbaugh's magical run) we would be the 7th best franchise out of 32 teams because the Patriots have won 4, Broncos 3, Steelers 2, Packers 2, Ravens 2, and Giants 2 since 1995. We have only won 1 but have been to 2 SB's, 5 Title games, and have won the 2nd most Regular Season games since 1995 behind the Pats. When ranking franchises we would have tiebreakers over the other 1 time winners since 1995. Still 7th out of 32 is nothing to sneeze at, it's Great actually! We have also had 3 different QB's lead us to a Title Game since 1995 in Harbaugh, Peyton, and Andrew. That shows we have had some special QB's in that timeframe.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If you base it on SB wins only, going back to 1995 (Harbaugh's magical run) we would be the 7th best franchise out of 32 teams because the Patriots have won 4, Broncos 3, Steelers 2, Packers 2, Ravens 2, and Giants 2 since 1995. We have only won 1 but have been to 2 SB's, 5 Title games, and have won the 2nd most Regular Season games since 1995 behind the Pats. When ranking franchises we would have tiebreakers over the other 1 time winners since 1995. Still 7th out of 32 is nothing to sneeze at, it's Great actually! We have also had 3 different QB's lead us to a Title Game since 1995 in Harbaugh, Peyton, and Andrew. That shows we have had some special QB's in that timeframe.

A lot of teams have been to 2, that doesn't make me feel better in the slighest. 1998 is when Manning was drafted and the majority of Colts fans started watching. Tiebreakers mean nothing to me, they don't mean anything when I compete and lose, and they shouldn't mean anything to you. It sugercoats losing. 

7th out of 32 with some other teams, when we've had Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck every year over that span. The best combo of QB's and the best opportunity, 1 SB win over 18 years with Manning and Luck. It's not great, it's horrible. We had a top 5 QB of all time and a once in a generation QB so far, and we're one of the pack. Shows how horrible the teams around them were and still are built.

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

A lot of teams have been to 2, that doesn't make me feel better in the slighest. 1998 is when Manning was drafted and the majority of Colts fans started watching. Tiebreakers mean nothing to me, they don't mean anything when I compete and lose, and they shouldn't mean anything to you. It sugercoats losing. 

7th out of 32 with some other teams, when we've had Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck every year over that span. The best combo of QB's and the best opportunity, 1 SB win over 18 years with Manning and Luck. It's not great, it's horrible. We had a top 5 QB of all time and a once in a generation QB so far, and we're one of the pack. Shows how horrible the teams around them were and still are built.

I think you are underestimating how hard it is to win a SB. You do realize we could've had at least 2 or 3 SB wins had not been for the Patriots who are arguably a Top 5 team of all-time over the last 20 seasons. We would've won in 2003 and 2004 had it not been for them because the NFC was weak compared to the AFC back then. Also we would've made the SB in 2014 as well had it not been for them IMO. Not saying we would've beat Seattle but we would've made it that season.

I think you are underestimating how hard it is to win a SB. You do realize we could've had at least 2 or 3 SB wins had not been for the Patriots who are arguably a Top 5 team of all-time over the last 20 seasons. We would've won in 2003 and 2004 had it not been for them because the NFC was weak compared to the AFC back then. Also we would've made the SB in 2014 as well had it not been for them IMO. Not saying we would've beat Seattle but we would've made that season.

Yep, that's why Peyton is known as the best regular season QB of all time. We choked in the playoffs more than I could remember. It's called paralysis by analysis and he would try to do too much and make a mistake that cost the game somehow. I honestly don't care for the excuses that much. Peyton couldn't get the job done vs the Pats for most of his career. We got our butts kicked all the time. Would and could doesn't make up for 18 years of disappointment in the playoffs. At the end of the season, Pagano needs to be fired, and we need a coach who gives a darn! I feel like watching the Broncos just to spend time with my parents instead of of this lack of effort of a team. It's all one person's fault at this point and that's Pagano. I believe nothing he says as he is just full of hot air at this point.

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep, that's why Peyton is known as the best regular season QB of all time. We choked in the playoffs more than I could remember. It's called paralysis by analysis and he would try to do too much and make a mistake that cost the game somehow. I honestly don't care for the excuses that much. Peyton couldn't get the job done vs the Pats for most of his career. We got our butts kicked all the time. Would and could doesn't make up for 18 years of disappointment in the playoffs. At the end of the season, Pagano needs to be fired, and we need a coach who gives a darn! I feel like watching the Broncos just to spend time with my parents instead of of this lack of effort of a team. It's all one person's fault at this point and that's Pagano. I believe nothing he says as he is just full of hot air at this point.

I am not arguing about Pagano but all I am saying is the reason why we didn't have more SB wins in the Peyton era is because we got beat twice in Foxboro by the best team in this era. How that doesn't sink in too you is beyond me. Peyton lost to the best OVERALL team of this era so he underachieved is what you are saying? Just like Karl Malone has no Rings, dude lost to Michael Jordan twice. He would have 2 had he and the Jazz been able to play some of the wimp teams the Spurs played like the Knicks and Nets haha 

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

How strong was that rich tradition when the Colts were the constant doormat for the NFL? I was here, were you?

Did you jump on the Colts bandwagon because they were winning? And now their not winning you want to jump ship? It's a free world.

Oh by the way you bring up tradition. Did you know the Browns have 8 league championships, 12 conference championships, 13 division championships and 28 playoff appearances. Football didn't start when you started watching.

You ever heard of Paul Brown? He is the only person a NFL team is named after. Now that is tradition.

Funny that you say that. Paul Brown's offspring, Mike, thinks he is as football minded as his dad. Just not the case. I don't pay that close of attention but Mike Brown might be the only owner without a GM or president of the of the team. Until Mike turned over the reins to Marvin Lewis and Duke Tobin the Bengals were a disaster.

Jim Irsay should probably hand over control of the team to his daughter.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not arguing about Pagano but all I am saying is the reason why we didn't have more SB wins in the Peyton era is because we got beat twice in Foxboro by the best team in this era. How that doesn't sink in too you is beyond me. Peyton lost to the best OVERALL team of this era so he underachieved is what you are saying? Just like Karl Malone has no Rings, dude lost Michael Jordan twice. He would have 2 had he and the Jazz been able to play some of the wimp teams the Spurs played like the Knicks and Nets haha 

The difference between Peyton and Brady is a lot less than Malone and Jordan. Malone isn't a top 10 b-ball player of all time, Jordan is the undisputed GOAT. Peyton definitely underachieved. He probably had 10 realistic years in INDY where he was good enough to challenge for the SB. He ended up going one and done most years and that was it. Twice we broke through in 15 years and won once. It should be a lot closer to Brady and the Pats record in the playoffs then ours. That's why I'm disappointed. Football can be very random in the playoffs, but our playoff record was horrendous over 15 and now 18 years and it stinks quite frankly.

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The difference between Peyton and Brady is a lot less than Malone and Jordan. Malone isn't a top 10 b-ball player of all time, Jordan is the undisputed GOAT. Peyton definitely underachieved. He probably had 10 realistic years in INDY where he was good enough to challenge for the SB. He ended up going one and done most years and that was it. Twice we broke through in 15 years and won once. It should be a lot closer to Brady and the Pats record in the playoffs then ours. That's why I'm disappointed. Football can be very random in the playoffs, but our playoff record was horrendous over 15 and now 18 years and it stinks quite frankly.

Peyton and Brady are pretty even but their Defense and Coaching was much better, the Pats were just better and had HFA. The one season we had HFA look what happened we won. Malone is at worse a Top 15 player of all-time and had the Jazz played anyone other than Jordan's Bulls they would've won at least 1 Title.

Peyton and Brady are pretty even but their Defense and Coaching was much better, the Pats were just better and had HFA. the one season we had HFA look what happened we won. Malone is at worse a Top 15 player of all-time and had the Jazz played anyone other than Jordan's Bulls they would've won at least 1 Title.

You are using hypotheticals. Would and coulds are just that, those situations you just suggested never happened. It's like people saying we could be 3-1 if it weren't for that one or two plays. Well, that can be said for most teams in either direction because most of the time it's so close. Home field advantage shouldn't keep you from winning. If being in another city, in front of rival fans, affects your ability to play as a football player, than you need a mental check. That shouldn't affect us in an AFC championship game when we're trying to achieve the ultimate goal. Peyton was a great workhorse, but those playoffs losses are more on him than the coaching. A QB of Peyton's intelligence, Talent, and acumen, should of made the SB 4 times with us at least. He did make it 4 times, just twice with the Broncos.

17 minutes ago, GoBlue12 said:

Funny that you say that. Paul Brown's offspring, Mike, thinks he is as football minded as his dad. Just not the case. I don't pay that close of attention but Mike Brown might be the only owner without a GM or president of the of the team. Until Mike turned over the reins to Marvin Lewis and Duke Tobin the Bengals were a disaster.

Jim Irsay should probably hand over control of the team to his daughter.

Nonsense.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

No one says accept.....    but we're in a thread that is talking about a boycott.

And we've got one guy who STILL can't get over the fact that the Manning-Era didn't produce another Super Bowl win.

At some point feel free to get over and move on with your life....

At some point a little perspective is needed....

1 hour ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

You Know it's funny with you. It's like you live in a world of absolutes.  You just can't get it through your head that I completely understand regular season wins get us to the post season. Yet at the same time you also can't understand the importance of winning in the post season. 

You think you have some inherent right to call anyone, let alone me spoiled? That's fine. You just became a colts fan 4 years ago, you really don't know anything about this team or have any experience aside from the Luck years. You're just not very knowledgeable due to your inexperience and are prone injecting your own ideas into every single post that you quote. 

All a common theme with you. 

I don't know why you think I don't understand the winning in the post season.       I've said nothing to make anyone think that.

But at some point,  I get over it and move on.

Way back when in the 70's,  the Cincinnati Reds were my favorite team.     They won two world series in 75 and 76.         But they lost a WS to Baltimore in 71 that they were favored to win.....    Lost a playoff series to the Mets in 73 that they were favored to win, and lost another WS to Oakland in 74 that they were favored to win.      I was a teenager and I was disappointed.      My team blew a shot at FIVE world series.

But at some point, I realized that (A) the Reds lost to better teams that also got hot,  and (B)  sometimes in sports the best team doesn't always win,   and (C)   I got over it.      I didn't let it consume me so that I couldn't enjoy winning in the future.

Sports are great not because they're easy,  but because they're hard.    If they were easy everyone could win.   Winning and winning CONSISTENTLY is THE hardest thing to do in sports.      Once you understand that you begin to appreciate what you have instead of what you don't have.

It's perspective.....