Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Protesting this team

BProland85

7 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Off topic slightly: I thought both Opera singers did a fine job singing the 'Star Spangled Banner' & 'God Save The Queen' yesterday. They both hit that elusive high note extremely well.

I've always been impressed with singers who can generate tremendous breathing power from their vocal cords & their diaphragms. Especially, if somebody asked you to select before hand out of the crowd, who the 2 stage performers would be. I would have never guessed that either person could have such phenomenal range at 1st glance anyway. Cool. 

A fantastic job representing both countries IMO. 

Nice to see a positive comment! :D

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gyworks said:

I realized this weekend how much harder it is to get over a loss if I expect our team to win. Same old mistakes of mine... Maybe we should accept our fate this year and rahter look at the bright side like no blowout losses so far this season.

So far no blowout losses. I see we have the Steelers on 11/24. I will be an optimist and say we win that game.

16 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

3-How do you know players are not being held accountable?

This is an excellent point CC1. None of knows what Chuck does discipline wise once those film breakdown meeting sessions start on Monday morning. 

I think some fans think that since Chuck is a nice guy that he can't be firm with players. I've had my share of bosses that were just like this--Nice in public, but fully capable of tearing you a new one behind closed  doors. I just mean that nice guys can drop the sledgehammer as a way to let you know that nobody is immune from constructive criticism. That's all.  

I am going to write to Commisioner Goodell and demand that they change the rules so we, Indianapolis Colts, can get all the best players available. It is not fair we have to participate in all these 'parity' measures. We have a divine right to always have a great team. And until they do, I am changing my allegiences to the Browns.

There is a reason we have the highest paid player in the league and yet a roster ranked anywhere from 24th in the league to 29th in the league out of 32 by various talking heads.

The Broncos have Elway making personnel decisions. We have Grigson.

5 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

We have a divine right to always have a great team. And until they do, I am changing my allegiences to the Browns.

:lol: I love your sarcasm BHC. Never change please. You have a way with words that is 1 of a kind. :hat:

Touche...Those fans have endured misery for decades. We, on the other hand, have nothing to complain about really. 

2 hours ago, Shive said:

They made moves to upgrade a lot of position coaches and chose stability over a potential revolving door that cripples a franchise (Cleveland). So what GM and HC (legitimate candidates, not some never going to happen dream candidate) should he have brought in that would have turned the ship around? 

Do you see what the Eagles are doing this season? Doug Pederson was out there last season and Mr. Irsay had the chance to get him but didn't. He is a rookie HC and look what he is doing with a rookie QB Carson Wentz. Eagles are currently undefeated. All it takes is the right HC and GM to change a franchise in 1 year. Pagano and Grigs for the past 5 years did nothing to improve our team. 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yes, IMO Irsay will not make any changes no matter what their record ends up being.

Irsay does not have a history of making changes fast and will give both Grison and Pagano the benefit of doubt.

It's pretty easy for us to sit at home and want all kinds of changes when there is no clear answers to solve those problems.

Say what you want the Colts have yet to have a losing season under Grigson and Pagano and that does count as something positive in Irsay's eyes.

I agree with what you're saying about no clear answers. The one thing that I keep getting hung up on though is when I see a team like the Eagles. Chip Kelly had a winning record there after 3 seasons, they canned him without thinking twice about it, and got rid of EVERY player that he brought in, and they've had a stellar start to the season. Their defense is insane, and their QB (for now) looks to be the real deal. I don't know if we could expect that type of immediate turnaround if we let go of Pagano & Grigson, but if you wanted to sell me on it, the Eagles would be a good argument.

5 minutes ago, James Harden said:

Do you see what the Eagles are doing this season? Doug Pederson was out there last season and Mr. Irsay had the chance to get him but didn't. He is a rookie HC and look what he is doing with a rookie QB Carson Wentz. Eagles are currently undefeated. All it takes is the right HC and GM to change a franchise in 1 year. Pagano and Grigs for the past 5 years did nothing to improve our team. 

I have to give Chad 72 credit for this: When he said awhile back that we should have gone after Jim Schwartz as our new DC. That is why Carson Wentz & the Eagles are so lethal right now James.  

44 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

3-How do you know players are not being held accountable?

Because Dwayne Allen and Anthony Castanzo were both still in the game yesterday after they stunk it up. I understand with Castanzo, because we don't really have a ton of depth at LT, but Dwayne Allen should be benched, plain and simple. Jack Doyle is far and away a much better option.

2 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

My biggest question is who do you want Irsay to hire? Give me a list of candidates for HC and GM that you believe could make this team a contender.

It's not our job to hire the coach or Gm so who cares what we want we just want better for our team Pederson was available to this past off season as was Hue Jackson. Both better then Pagano and would be working wonders with luck Peterson is lighting it up with wentz and Jackson made Dalton a MVP candidate last year 

The COLTS need to clean house.PAGANO,GRIGSON,THE DC coordinator, and LUCK gotta go.Theyve had years to address o-line problems.Nothing,no f/a signings,poor drafting.PAGANO cant coach,period.Hes ridden the sympathy train for years----its over.COLTS will never win with LUCK.

3 minutes ago, bluxco said:

The COLTS need to clean house.PAGANO,GRIGSON,THE DC coordinator, and LUCK gotta go.Theyve had years to address o-line problems.Nothing,no f/a signings,poor drafting.PAGANO cant coach,period.Hes ridden the sympathy train for years----its over.COLTS will never win with LUCK.

I wasn't aware Luck played defense, wide receiver, running back, o line, linebacker and quarterback at the same time. Damn, what games have I been watching? 

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

It's not our job to hire the coach or Gm so who cares what we want we just want better for our team Pederson was available to this past off season as was Hue Jackson. Both better then Pagano and would be working wonders with luck Peterson is lighting it up with wentz and Jackson made Dalton a MVP candidate last year 

I think Bobby Petrino could do well as an NFL head coach. Jon Gruden could potentially be available this offseason as well because ESPN cleaning house and trimming the salaries of all their commentators and TV personalities. Those would be my 2 candidates for HC, in a perfect world, assuming they were available.

GM's a little trickier because it's such a crap shoot, but the best bet would be to look at the director of scouting for any team that has perennial success (Broncos, Steelers, Seahawks, Packers, etc), and offer him a job.

Whatever floats your boat.  If it makes you feel better to protest, knock yourself out.  

Yes, its frustrating, but I still plan to support the team, and our players, and  I'm still going to my scheduled games and hope for the best that things improve.

7 minutes ago, bluxco said:

Since you're new with less than 100 posts, I will be nice. But, why do you think Luck needs to be released exactly? I get it nobody wants to see our season go down in flames with no Playoff appearance possibly this yr. However, given that both Luck & our HC & GM got new deals recently. I don't see any change for the next 2 yrs at least. 

Chuck hasn't really ridden the sympathy train beyond his 1st yr here. Coaches are still paid to win games & we did play in the Deflate Gate game not that long ago, correct? Also, changes were made at the DC & OC spots too so you can't say that this regime is addicted to the status quo either. In addition, Jimmy gets final approval over all draft & FA transactions as well. You're assuming Jimmy exercises no oversight at all. I highly doubt that. 

57 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

I am going to write to Commisioner Goodell and demand that they change the rules so we, Indianapolis Colts, can get all the best players available. It is not fair we have to participate in all these 'parity' measures. We have a divine right to always have a great team. And until they do, I am changing my allegiences to the Browns.

:heart: 

4 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Since you're new with less than 100 posts, I will be nice. But, why do you think Luck needs to be released exactly? I get it nobody wants to see our season go down in flames with no Playoff appearance possibly this yr. However, given that both Luck & our HC & GM got new deals recently. I don't see any change for the next 2 yrs at least. 

Chuck hasn't really ridden the sympathy train beyond his 1st yr here. Coaches are still paid to win games & we did play in the Deflate Gate game not that long ago, correct? Also, changes were made at the DC & OC spots too so you can't say that this regime is addicted to the status quo either. In addition, Jimmy gets final approval over all draft & FA transactions as well. You're assuming Jimmy exercises no oversight at all. I highly doubt that. 

You are too nice LOL, anyone that says Luck needs to go doesn't know Football or they are Trolling. I will flat tell it like it is regarding that.

Guys don't ever stop supporting the Colts as an excuse to protest, the players are trying their best. It's now more than ever they need our support and encouragement. We had tons of support when things were going well in the 00's, but it is through the dark times we need to keep positive, and not go down he route of other franchises.

You look at the Browns, Bears even Jags for example, for so long they have been subject to ridicule especially, and it definitely effects their mentality as why they don't win games (ok, along with a bad roster). It think yesterday was a good example, where the Jags let a 14 point lead slip as they are coming of the back of a prolonged losing culture.

We can get through this!

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You are too nice LOL, anyone that says Luck needs to go doesn't know Football or they are Trolling. I will flat tell it like it is regarding that.

I'm trying to display more restraint after my viewpoints on the JJ Watt injury thread were...more unvarnished then they needed to be. My fault nobody else's. haha

Keep telling it like it is or as you see things CBE. I respect that. 

1 hour ago, Mr Coffee said:

We aren't asking for a quick fix.  It's been almost 4 1/2 years, and we have the same problems, only they have gotten worse.  

I need to re-evaluate my talent calibration meter if Satele, Lance Louis, Holmes, and Cherilus are better than Kelly, Mewhort, Good, and Reitz.

Just now, southwest1 said:

I'm trying to display more restraint after my viewpoints on the JJ Watt injury thread were...more unvarnished then they needed to be. My fault nobody else's. haha

Keep telling it like it is or as you see things CBE. I respect that. 

I was just kidding with you, I usually always love your posts but anyone that says get rid of Luck has me wondering about his football IQ haha 

The team is bad this year.  I for one intend to take advantage of it.  Any game is going to be a wildcard this year.  We may win, we may not.  But you can bet, the more we lose, the more tickets will be priced under face value (or you may get more free ones if you know anyone with season tickets).  Heck, my boss might actually let me sit in the VIP suite in his place if one of our business partners offers which they usually do at least once or twice a year.  

Not excited really about the losing, but it comes with perks either way, if you think about it.

3 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I don't know how you all feel about this, but it is very hard for me to support a team and owner that refuses to admit he made a mistake by bringing back Pagano and Grigson. He is wasting away Luck's career and will continue to do so the longer he keeps these two at the helm.

I for one will be taking a stand and won't be attending any Colts games this season or buying any Colts merchandise until Irsay does what is necessary to start surrounding Andrew Luck with a capable coaching staff and roster to compete for a championship.

I think it is time for us Colts fans to take a stand and voice our frustrations of this team to Mr. Irsay. This is the best way I know how to do so.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Colts and am glad for the years they have spent in Indianapolis. But it's time to show our feelings towards Irsay allowing this franchise to go backwards instead of progressing towards a championship.

Evidently you have'nt been a Colts fan since 84 . Many tough seasons before we saw the light at the end of the tunnel . Many jumped on the bandwagon once 18 started hitting on all cylinders but missed what came before like Jim Harbaugh & the Cardiac Colts . Its not always been easy welcome to the real world we enjoyed the Manning era even more because many of us we here from day one . 

The crying is now at a all time high , yes I'm disappointed but this is not my first rodeo I'm a Colts fan . Its time for Colts fans to take a stand ? 

What a joke poor lil fans running around these threads crying like babies your gonna take a stand sitting at your computer screaming poor me get over it these over reactions are just pitiful & childlike .

As bad as out team is threads like this are even worse . Its seems like many here just need a hug & a diaper change . 

4 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

The team is bad this year.  I for one intend to take advantage of it.  Any game is going to be a wildcard this year.  We may win, we may not.  But you can bet, the more we lose, the more tickets will be priced under face value (or you may get more free ones if you know anyone with season tickets).  Heck, my boss might actually let me sit in the VIP suite in his place if one of our business partners offers which they usually do at least once or twice a year.  

Not excited really about the losing, but it comes with perks either way, if you think about it.

:lol:

Go with the flow bro life gives ya lemons & ya just need to make some lemonade & enjoy the game .

3 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Evidently you have'nt been a Colts fan since 84 . Many tough seasons before we saw the light at the end of the tunnel . Many jumped on the bandwagon once 18 started hitting on all cylinders but missed what came before like Jim Harbaugh & the Cardiac Colts . Its not always been easy welcome to the real world we enjoyed the Manning era even more because many of us we here from day one . 

The crying is now at a all time high , yes I'm disappointed but this is not my first rodeo I'm a Colts fan . Its time for Colts fans to take a stand ? 

What a joke poor lil fans running around these threads crying like babies your gonna take a stand sitting at your computer screaming poor me get over it these over reactions are just pitiful & childlike .

As bad as out team is threads like this are even worse . Its seems like many here just need a hug & a diaper change . 

lol it does kind of feel like some of the complaints date some posters.  At the very least, tells me they've forgotten what it's like to root for a team who's lost a lot.

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We should hire Bruce Arians, he's the best at 1-3 LOL or Ronny Rivera he has a great record at 1-3 too haha.Those 2 teams have a lot more talent than we have but yet you ask most people in here those 2 are better than Chuck somehow??

Do you watch football?   Anyone who does would take either of those 2 over Chuck.   It's not totally the win/loss record.  For me it is mostly the undisciplined on field play that tells me the Pagano isn't good at HC.   The time management and play calling as well.  

1 minute ago, Myles said:

Do you watch football?   Anyone who does would take either of those 2 over Chuck.   It's not totally the win/loss record.  For me it is mostly the undisciplined on field play that tells me the Pagano isn't good at HC.   The time management and play calling as well.  

I don't disagree that those 2 aren't better but I was pointing out the W/L thing out of sarcasm because that seems to be what most people look at. We could easily be 3-1 and if we were I bet almost everyone in here would say Chuck is just as good as those guys if not better.

5 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

:lol:

Go with the flow bro life gives ya lemons & ya just need to make some lemonade & enjoy the game .

Some of my fondest memories as a kid was going and scalping for tickets with my dad in the crappy colts era.  Great seats for cheap tix.  I (well, my dad, lol) bought first level seating in (i believe) the SW corner of the endzone of the old RCA Dome 10 or 15 rows back for $20 a seat.  It was the year we were 0 and like 10 and played the defending super bowl champs, the Green Bay Packers and kicked a game winning field goal as time expired.

1 hour ago, bluxco said:

Have you been a Colts fan long ? Like more than this season ?

Who shoulder we have as QB RG3 . 

4 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Haven't you literally only been a Colts fan since the day Luck was drafted? 

Yes......

But it's not like I don't know the recent history of the team...

The Manning years were unbelievably great for fans....

And the Luck years have been pretty terrific too.

In short,  fans here have nothing to complain about,  but complain they do....