Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are the Colts Getting Comfortable With Losing?

Evansville Blue

After more than a decade of the Peyton Manning era excellence we have slowly succumbed to a culture of losing. It seems that since last year, the Colts have gotten progressively worse in all phases. We can't run the ball, we can't stop the run. Special Teams is marginal at best and our defense is just as bad. And after giving Luck that huge contract, protecting him was supposed to be our number 1 priority. Folks, we just played an 0-3 team, that had five hits and 3 sacks on Luck in the first half! They ran on us at will, our pass rush was for the most part nonexistent and the secondary got blasted. Let's be honest, this team and the coaching are fundamentally flawed. I was disappointed when Grigs and Pags weren't let go and I think that Mr. Irsay now wishes that he'd done what he had planned to do. The Colts have learned to accept losing and we are going to be this way for a long time if it isn't stopped soon. I like Pags, but he just isn't cutting it and Grigs are bringing in the wrong personnel. There are way too many flaws in this team that have only gotten worse over the years. Let's not be foolish, but let us face the facts.

You're right lets not be foolish.

So why the heck would the PRO FOOTBALL TEAM that is full of PRO FOOTBALL PLAYERS that are paid to win PRO FOOTBALL GAMES, be comfortable with losing?

Granted I don't know this myself. For all we know, you may be right. But I highly highly highly doubt it. Nobody likes to lose, especially the guys who actually lost. The players who lost today are obviously more disappointed than we are.

Just because a team loses a lot doesn't mean they're comfortable with losing. Even the Cleveland Browns hate losing. Now they're obviously some players who don't care, and some teams that hate losing more than others. But in general, most players and ALL teams hate losing, and are never comfortable with it.

I don't mean that the team likes losing, however the chemistry make up  of some teams can take loosing less seriously than others. For instance, if you have a team with several guys who aren't "all-in" like Reggie alluded to his last season with the Colts.These type of players will not leave it all on the field, they are there for a paycheck only. Whether they are about to retire or want to go to another team.

We have a lot of inexperienced rookies with some at times, questionable coaching. Some of the older vets see this and realize their chances of hoisting the Lombardi that year are dashed so they might just do enough to get by. For some of these guys after many losing seasons in the league they just throttle back, trying to not get hurt. The whole scenario can be complicated, but just sayin...