Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are we a good team?

alawai

Let's not sugarcoat anything but we are not as good as we believe?

1. Yes we have injury concerns but that's part of the game and not an excuse (example - NE).  On injury concerns got to regroup and reload.

2. Talent level?  Questionable but I'll give the benefit of the players that we're ok but maybe a player or 2/3/4 away from being a top contender.  Hopefully I'm not sugar coating!

3. Coaching?  Leadership? Administration?  Think we need a change.  Not a good idea to change coaching at mid season but.... When do you start bailing water?  After the ship goes down or when the problem is first detected?  Irsay must decide.

I've been a Colts fan probably before 85/90% of fans were born!  Darn it hurts!  I've been through both the very lean years and the glorious years!  It hurts to see/witness my/our Colts looking at a downhill slide!

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

"Are we a good team" you ask?

Are you serious??

The question is how many teams if any are worse than us.

Well, if they manage to lose to the Bears next weak you could arguably chalk them up as the worst team in the league lol.

With regards to the posters question, the answer is YES!  

To to answer the question as to what is the problem, the answer is a resounding everything. 

12 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

"Are we a good team" you ask?

Are you serious??

The question is how many teams if any are worse than us.

Sorry on the title but I did not mean/imply that we are a good team but we as fans are we sugarcoating and believe that we are a good team? 

What I don t understand some of you say we have a bad o-line. I don t see it we have 3 rookies playing. A player in his 2nd year and a LT who is overpaid. But you have a coaching staff who has a game plan of power running and deep routes, A QB who holds the ball 6 to 7 seconds instead of screens pitches and slants and roll outs. So if you want to help the o-line adjust then give them something to work with.  And yes this team is terrible and I don t know if they can rebound or if they believe in Chuck 

We have a great QB, one great CB, and good WR's. That's it. The defense is old and slow and O-line inconsistent. The only reason we were 11-5 three years because we swept the division. Those teams were rebuilding and now they have talent. Against good teams with great QB's we were awful. We're so far away from being a good team. Grigson needs to go for that to happen. 

I cant sleep. What a disappointing loss. No we are not good right now unfortunately. This loss shouldn't shock me but it does. We may go 6-10 as bad is it pains me to say and I am always very optimistic. We are a very undisciplined team with penalties, drop passes, missed tackling, sloppy play, and that is it in a shell. Andrew plays like Mike Pagel in the 1st Half, then like Joe Montana in the 2nd Half - makes 0 sense! Hey at least my upset special is looking fantastic right now, I picked Buffalo over the Pats haha, Buffalo is up 13-0. I had Rams over Seahawks too a couple of weeks ago! I still love my Colts but very stunned by today.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Andrew plays like Mike Pagel in the 1st Half, then like Joe Montana in the 2nd Half - makes 0 sense!

I'd actually say Luck plays like Mike Pagel in the first three quarters, and Montana in the final ~10 minutes. The Colts are awful at halftime adjustments. They don't seem to change anything.

Should have been made into a poll ......but my answer is NO.   Lucky we got the win against San Diego.   It is amazing how I have seen people talk about Allen being better than Fleener.  I don't see that.  I don't see that either one was better than the other.  Philbin was brought in to help the line.  Too many sacks again today.  Yes they line is young players and hopefully it is growing pains.   I see at least 6 more definite Losses on the schedule coming up, while the rest is a toss up.  That would mean no better than a 7-9 record.  I know lots of people were predicting 8-8 would be the best we would do.

What amazes me is after watching how we played we still had an opportunity to tie or win at the end.  With all the bad drops and stupid penalties we still had a chance.   It goes to show you how important execution, concentration and discipline can be to victory.  A few players might have lost there starting jobs today or will see there roles change.  Cromartie and Ferguson come to mind right away.  If you don't perform someone else is going to get the opportunity.  You only get so many chances.  That is going to be one long miserable plane ride home.   And it should be. They all need to do better at their profession.  I don't think the sky is falling yet.  Chicago, I think,  is going to be very big for this team.  How they rebound.  How they perform.  It is a long season and we play in the South so to me there is no reason to abandon the ship early.  Lots of football ahead. 

We are not good.  We are average to mediocre tier. When you think Jags, Lions, Saints, Titans, etc. just throw Colts right in there with them.  Forget any mention of New England, Pittsburgh, Denver.  These mistake prone Luck era Colts are not of that ilk.  A very sad day for Colts fans.  Irsay gambled on Luck to be a great one. He isn't yet and I'm not sure he really ever will be.  We over payed for a mistake prone QB who only seems to want to be a star in the 4th quarter of games.  We made a mistake hiring an inexperienced Griggson and are committed to a like-able but mediocre head coach.  Our problems lie at the head and it is bringing the whole ship down. We need a organizational change if this is to get better.  High draft picks won't matter if our GM can not be trusted to make the most of them.  We need a coach that can get this team to play more disciplined and eliminate the stupid mistakes which good teams simply don't make as often.   

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

We over payed for a mistake prone QB who only seems to want to be a star in the 4th quarter of games.

Yea, if we wanted good 4th Q performance, we could have signed Tim Tebow for less than 1/5th of the cost.

24 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

No.

our offense has the capability to be a very good one.  However, we choose not to run the no huddle that could possibly mask our horrible oline.

Defense has too many holes.

The D for all its faults, was simply gassed. When the O does nothing and they're back on the field in 60 seconds,  it's hard not to get tired and mistake prone

10 minutes ago, csmopar said:

The D for all its faults, was simply gassed. When the O does nothing and they're back on the field in 60 seconds,  it's hard not to get tired and mistake prone

That is true.  However, I don't think the talent level is there.  I can't think of any defensive playmakers we have outside a few notable ones.