Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Jaguars In London, England, Game Day Thread

7 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

When is the last time the Colts have converted short yardage plays via running the ball?

The Colts don't have the line to do that. Allen was open. The D just made a great play. 

The Colts have converted every 3rd and short they've tried this year with Turbin at fullback. And Allen was open but he shut down his route to try and make a safe catch but allowe the defense to make a play. If he continues towards the sideline like he was Luck leads him to an easy first down...

3 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

On a brighter note....the Indiana Hoosiers beat Michigan State in football last night!

Chuck needs to get with Kevin Wilson on how you run the football!!! 

2 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

I love Colts, but however much I'm rooting for this team it is hard to believe this is a Playoffs caliber team.

Insert gratuitous " Playoffs?! Don't talk about playoffs! Are you kidding me? Playoffs?! I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game! " LOL

9 minutes ago, Hoosiernsavga said:

I love my Colts no matter how much hell I give them. Being a native of Indiana it's just in my blood!

But if I were Andrew Luck with this coaching staff, I would want to get as far away from Indianapolis as I could! 

Luck is a good soldier. Never make waves or say anything to anyone to tee them off. He's a company man. He don't even have a smart phone, still uses a flip phone so he won't say something someone won't like on social media.

And that IS NOT A GOOD THING! He needs to be a leader and criticise people who need criticising. 

The only thing I am concerned about now is New England winning another Super Bowl!

They appear to be capable of winning it all and that would be more painful to me than the Colts not making the playoffs!

I love the Colts but this is awful. There is a horrible scheme issue here,.Ever wonder why we have a ton of injuries every year? It's not bad luck. Maybe one year. But since this bunch has been running the show. We get out game planned by everyone we play. Then depend on Luck to try to save the day. For this team to be any good it needs to be laying out points, With a sped up offense that lives off of play action. I have been a fan from the Baltimore days and this reminds me of Frank Kush and Rod Dowdower. I didn't think it could get worse than that but it's heading that way.

Can't block anyone.  Can't stop anyone.  Poorly coached team - stupid penalties.  Came out flat once again with all the drops. 

People scoffed at this notion during the offseason, but this is the worst team in the division.  If you subtract the QB, it's not even close.  Subtract the QB and this might be the worst team in football.

10 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

I love Colts, but however much I'm rooting for this team it is hard to believe this is a Playoffs caliber team.

This is a 6 win team....

We will pick top 10 in draft

3 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

The only thing I am concerned about now is New England winning another Super Bowl!

They appear to be capable of winning it all and that would be more painful to me than the Colts not making the playoffs!

Right now they look capable of winning another SB even with tied shoelaces.

Another slow start on offense.  IMO, that's ALL on the coaching staff - clearly they don't have the players prepared or an effective gameplan from the start.

24 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I honestly think they've hurt his development.  He has the talent, but it's not there consistently enough.  I put that on the coaching staff for not being able to get that out of him

Yeah I think they dumbed him down AND he needed coaching up. Not the biggest football I.Q.

Can we cut dewayne Allen now. Enough is enough. Cutting Fleener and keeping this worthless TE just killed us, again..

Bring in some new bloods with brains. This team is beyond salvage.  The new coach wil plan for 2017 draft and mold it to winners. 

There is really no difference between what we're seeing this year and what we saw in Luck's first three years.  During those seasons, they pulled out games like the Detroit game.  They pulled out a game like today's.  But when you are winning with smoke and mirrors, at some point your luck runs out. You can't consistently win like that. 

This was a bad team during Luck's first three years.  It's a bad team now.

Settle-In...The Grigson and Pagano incompetence is in play for the next "4" seasons. Given 4 year contacts after a losing season. Defend them all you want, a young team needs good management and coaching and we do not have it. This team has to play sand-lot from behind to get a win, showing the player-talent is there but little coaching-talent and play calling on the sideline. I've been a season ticket holder since 1995 and this has the look of same coaching incompetence we saw prior to and following Dungy, players carrying poor play calling coachs. If Bruce Arians was in place with a different GM, things would be different, we would be winning.

Can someone please explain something to me. Why was the first timeout of the second half wasted? I wish I had the game recorded so I could rewind and watch again. Unless I'm mistaken, the first time out of the second half was called late in the game (before the two minute warning) on a dead play when the clock was not running. At that stage in the game, time was already a crucial factor. Why was this time out squandered? Am I missing something? It did not appear to be an injury time out. The first time out just kind of disappeared and we desperately needed it in the end.

Sad loss by our Colts as they lose, and came up short in the scoreboard , and gave their Jaguars their first win of the season 30-27.  The result as both teams leave Great Britain for their bye week with identical records of 1-3.

Colts will regroup and rest from the long plane ride and trip back to Indianapolis from London, England, then prepare their next game as the Chicago Bears travel down Interstate 65 across Indiana to play the Colts in Indiana next Sunday afternoon.

Enjoy  yourselves and we will see you here back on the Colts Game Day Forum, as Coach Pagano, Andrew Luck, and the rest of the Colts try to win their remaining games in 2016, and continue to qualify in the hunt for the NFL Playoffs.

Thanks to all of you for participating in the Colts  Game Day Forum. Let's have the mindset for the Colts to win more  games the rest of this season, and GO COLTS!!!!!   :coltslogo:    :coltshelmet:   :colts:  :coltslogo: