Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Would be awesome if the Colts had an amazing pass offense next year and Ebron can sit there and regret quitting because we all know he did. 
    • Could be Aaron Rodgers... Let's try an "A"
    • I mean... we were 7-9. I get that we have high expectations, but sometimes you see teams have to be bottom feeders for several years before they can start sniffing sustained success (see: the 49ers). If we imagine that we'd lost Luck at the start of the Ballard era I imagine we'd be looking at our team in a much different light. We probably would not have reached the playoffs any of those years.    Ballard inherited a bad, aging roster from Grigson and I felt right away this would be a 3 year project minimum before we were competitive. Well it only took two years and going into that year 3 we looked so promising. Then BAM Luck retires.    Luck's impact on this team is enough that it certainly changes our team's outlook when he's gone. A 3 year rebuild turns into what? 5? And honestly? That's where I think we are. We were a few missed kicks, late interceptions away from the post season this year already. With the cap we have, and the draft stock we carry, as long as we can improve our QB situation, the rest of our roster is primed to continue to grow for a couple more years before we really have to start worrying about cap.    So with that said... please don't retire Anthony Constonso!  My heart may not be able to handle the setback.
    • For me the main thing I can't get over with Fromm is not the arm strength althought I think you can see it in certain situations. The main things I dislike and I think will limit him in the league are: -pocket presence - it's the worst from anybody in this class. It's horrible. He is statuesque in the pocket and has no feel or vision or ability to even try to avoid rusher unless it's the most obvious of situations, he doesn't step into the pocket, he doesn't sidestep rusher...he would just stay in there and try to deliver the ball from the platform he's initially dropped to.  -inability to playmake - this ties into the pocket presence and armstrenght weaknesses too. Very little ability to make plays out of structure. If the pocket breaks, he's usually done, doesn't escape collapsing pockets and if it's one of the obvious cases where he actually sees it he doesn't have the armstrenght to make plays on the run and off platform.   I love a lot of the other things about him(leadership, accuracy on short to intermediate throws, anticipation, reading the field, smarts and command of the offense at the LOS, adjustments), but in today's NFL when defensive linemen have such athletic freaks and OLines are struggling to protect the QBs, IMO having the ability to navigate the pocket when it's workable or to leave it and make plays out of it when it's collapsing is very important. My worry is that those are fatal weaknesses that will manifest themselves in him not being able to show off his best attributes simply because in the NFL nobody is working with prestine pockets.
    • Everyone calm down. Wouldn't it be more natural if he retired at half time of preseason week 3?
  • Members