Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck ranked 2nd on early season QB index

NorthernBlue

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, ColtStrong said:

That's funny because a lot of fans of other teams think Luck is off to a bad start this year. I guess people only see what they want to see.

Luck, for the vast majority of the season, has played very well.

Unfortunately, it's pretty well documented that 24 points over the past 2 weeks which the opposing team scored are directly a result of his turnovers (granted, the Von Miller strip sack was pretty much unavoidable).

Luck has carried us, no doubt, and we've had a depleted D for the most part -- but minus a couple of his turnovers (and the D allowing Detroit to score with <1 min left in week 1), we could easily be looking at 2-1 or 3-0.

I am still optimistic about this team -- especially with the news on Watt.  Pretty much all the mistakes we have made to this point have been fixable or due to us playing guys that were not on NFL rosters only 4 weeks ago out of injury necessity.

2 minutes ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

Luck, for the vast majority of the season, has played very well.

Unfortunately, it's pretty well documented that 24 points over the past 2 weeks which the opposing team scored are directly a result of his turnovers (granted, the Von Miller strip sack was pretty much unavoidable).

Luck has carried us, no doubt, and we've had a depleted D for the most part -- but minus a couple of his turnovers (and the D allowing Detroit to score with <1 min left in week 1), we could easily be looking at 2-1 or 3-0.

I am still optimistic about this team -- especially with the news on Watt.  Pretty much all the mistakes we have made to this point have been fixable or due to us playing guys that were not on NFL rosters only 4 weeks ago out of injury necessity.

If we don't have anymore key injuries over the next few weeks and of course Luck stays healthy I see no reason we cant pull a 2014! As in get to 5-2 after starting 0-2. It is 1 game at a time but looking at our next 4 opponents we should win those games = Jags, Bears in Indy, at Texans, and at Titans. Texans wont have Watt which is a huge blow and I think we are definitely better than the Titans. We have 3 Division games coming up and if we win all of those and get to 5-2 we will be in the driver seat.

6 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Still early but Andrew getting some love from Gregg Roshenthal

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000711347/article/qb-index-carson-wentz-hits-top-five-strange-days-

His top 5 (through two weeks)

1. Cam

2. Andrew

3. Stafford

4. Ryan

5. Wentz

Not bad considering he had to go up against the best Defense in football week 2

:thinking:

I find this amazingly funny I 'v recently read so many posts by for real ignoramus's who do nothing but hate on Luck some even calling him a bust , I can't for the life of me figure out WHY?  

Since Luck was drafted all he's done is play his heart out his record is absolutely awesome given the supporting cast around him . 

The Colts have had many QB's but only 3 of note Jim Harbaugh Captain Comeback who helped turn Indy into a City of football lovers with his Cardiac Colts , Peyton Manning who turned a failing franchise into a perennial winner who with his offensive genius over came a defense that was mediocre for the most part .

And Luck who inspite of the lack of support around him has followed in Mannings foot steps & done better each & every year surpassing Mannings early years I expect the love to flow at some point & time for 12 .

I just hope the team & fans realize that the QB cannot do it all by his self no matter how good they are , People IMO are so hung up on 18 & what he did in the second half of his career they can't see what 12 has actually accomplished up to this point , Its mind boggleing .

7 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000711347/article/qb-index-carson-wentz-hits-top-five-strange-days-

1. Cam

2. Andrew

3. Stafford

4. Ryan

5. Wentz

I get tired of people saying how bad Luck has played he has two picks in three games that's pretty good. Sure the one was a bad throw but all QB's do it even Brady and Rodgers at times no one is perfect. But people expect it. 

1 hour ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

:thinking:

I find this amazingly funny I 'v recently read so many posts by for real ignoramus's who do nothing but hate on Luck some even calling him a bust , I can't for the life of me figure out WHY?  

Since Luck was drafted all he's done is play his heart out his record is absolutely awesome given the supporting cast around him . 

The Colts have had many QB's but only 3 of note Jim Harbaugh Captain Comeback who helped turn Indy into a City of football lovers with his Cardiac Colts , Peyton Manning who turned a failing franchise into a perennial winner who with his offensive genius over came a defense that was mediocre for the most part .

And Luck who inspite of the lack of support around him has followed in Mannings foot steps & done better each & every year surpassing Mannings early years I expect the love to flow at some point & time for 12 .

I just hope the team & fans realize that the QB cannot do it all by his self no matter how good they are , People IMO are so hung up on 18 & what he did in the second half of his career they can't see what 12 has actually accomplished up to this point , Its mind boggleing .

Yeah there was a time when people were saying we should bench Peyton when he went through his rough patch in 2001. They just want to talk about Luck's turnovers. But Peyton had 6 picks in one game.

1 minute ago, superrep1967 said:

Yeah there was a time when people were saying we should bench Peyton when he went his rough patch in 2001. They just want to talk about Luck's turnovers. But Peyton had 6 picks in one game.

I love what Peyton Manning did for our Colts but many 18 fans jumped on the bandwagon late without doing there homework on his entire career .

Its easy to forget for some not this  die hard I remember from day 1 our Colts 1984 & from day 1 Peyton Manning he was drafted because of potential I loved him at Tennessee & was delighted when he was drafted but perfection then just like now with Luck did not happen over night 

Following a class act like Manning has not been easy but Luck has done a great job .

1 minute ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

I love what Peyton Manning did for our Colts but many 18 fans jumped on the bandwagon late without doing there homework on his entire career .

Its easy to forget for some not this  die hard I remember from day 1 our Colts 1984 & from day 1 Peyton Manning he was drafted because of potential I loved him at Tennessee & was delighted when he was drafted but perfection then just like now with Luck did not happen over night 

Following a class act like Manning has not been easy but Luck has done a great job .

Yeah and definitely a different personality and Luck is not good with the media. He feels very uncomfortable dealing with them.  

15 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Yeah there was a time when people were saying we should bench Peyton when he went through his rough patch in 2001. They just want to talk about Luck's turnovers. But Peyton had 6 picks in one game.

Was that in San Diego? I remember we had no WR's, and he threw 5 or 6 picks, and yet AV had a easy FG to win it but he missed. Or am I dreaming that?

8 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

1. Cam

2. Andrew

3. Stafford

4. Ryan

5. Wentz

Skip Bayless' list of op 5 QBs:

1.Tom Brady

2.Tom Brady

3.Tom Brady

4.Tom Brady

5.Tom Brady.

4 minutes ago, GoDeep said:

I love Indian food too...I didn't think my Andrew Luck mancrush could get bigger...yet it does!

You might like this I did the bromance is in the air , Titled the 2 sides of Andrew Luck this was a good read . I remembered this from earlier in the month .

The kid is IMO very special & if I remember correctly because I did not reread this is that he likes to go out into public on the down low . 

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2014/09/05/two-sides-andrew-luck/15121289/

18 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Yeah Bayless would probably rank Luck at number 32 on his list. 

Skippy was a huge Peyton Manning fan and it clouds his judgement he actuall said he thought RG3 was better & that Peyton Manning would have led the Colts back to the SB his last 3 years had he remained a Colt  how stupid is that IMO 18 would not have survived the regular season Andrew Luck because of his size strength & running ability made the Colts a 11-5 team those 3 seasons with Peyton would have been running for his life . 

The Colts were not the Broncos & that defense in Denver deserves alot of credit for 18's success in his final years not to even mention there O-line that helped Tim Tebow win a playoff game .

Here's lil Skippy the Troll showing you he don't know diddly .

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/11871368/do-not-hate-andrew-luck

13 minutes ago, theanarchist said:

Well they have Cam Newton #1 and he has 5 picks and 1 fumble vs 5 TD passes. They have Luck 2nd who has 2 picks and 2 fumbles vs 6 TD passes so I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion.

I don't get it either, Cam has been a Turnover machine this season and they are also 1-2. Luck has actually played better so far this season.

5 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Skippy was a huge Peyton Manning fan and it clouds his judgement he actuall said he thought RG3 was better & that Peyton Manning would have led the Colts back to the SB his last 3 years had he remained a Colt  how stupid is that IMO 18 would not have survived the regular season Andrew Luck because of his size strength & running ability made the Colts a 11-5 team those 3 seasons with Peyton would have been running for his life . 

The Colts were not the Broncos & that defense in Denver deserves alot of credit for 18's success in his final years not to even mention there O-line that helped Tim Tebow win a playoff game .

Here lil Skippy the Troll showing you he don't know diddly .

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/11871368/do-not-hate-andrew-luck

If that's not hate I don't what is. 

1 minute ago, superrep1967 said:

If that's not hate I don't what is. 

The dude is off the rails some people just cannot admit when there wrong notice when he talked about RG3 winning the ROY as proof he was right he over looked Alfred Morris who was IMO was the best reason the Redskins did so well he IMO was the ROY but somehow Skippy was blinded by stupidity . 

RG3 was put on a pedestal by Skippy & many others in the media he was better than Ryan Leaf but Kirk Cousins easily replaced him I wonder what Skippy has to say about that ? 

51 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Was that in San Diego? I remember we had no WR's, and he threw 5 or 6 picks, and yet AV had a easy FG to win it but he missed. Or am I dreaming that?

No you remember correctly. Manning had 6 INT's in that game back in 2007. The defense held the Chargers to somewhere under 200 yards of total offense I believe. One of the Colts LB's intercepted Rivers in the end zone and ran it back for a touchdown but the refs ruled he was touched (he wasn't). And yes, AV missed a 29 yard FG that would've won the game. Was one of the strangest games from that era. 

OT: Luck has been terrific thus far. It's just that his mistakes have been BIG ones that cast a bigger shadow than they normally would on what has been otherwise a good start to his season.

This list is a joke.

Cam @ #1 and Luck @ #2?  Bwhahahahaha!  Both those guys got destroyed by DEN.  If you're going off of pure stats I just don't see how Brees wouldn't be in the top 2 or Wentz or even Prescott.  Mistake free football > gawdy stat football.

4 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

I believe Luck deserves a spot at the top of the rankings, but can he do better? Yes. But with Luck being behind only Newton in the rankings, how much higher can he get? The correct answer: as high as he wants. The legit answer: 1 spot.

Once the franchise builds the defensive  Monster we'v been hereing about for years the sky's the limit the Colts are closer IMO than most realize . 

1 hour ago, Everyone said:

PFF has him graded as the 2nd best QB this season, Wentz is #1.

2 minutes ago, tikyle said:

This list is a joke.

Cam @ #1 and Luck @ #2?  Bwhahahahaha!  Both those guys got destroyed by DEN.  If you're going off of pure stats I just don't see how Brees wouldn't be in the top 2 or Wentz or even Prescott.  Mistake free football > gawdy stat football.

Try reading the whole thread maybe you'll be a lil better prepared  , The Bronco defense is very good & theres more to the story ..:thinking:

5 minutes ago, tikyle said:

This list is a joke.

Denver's D would likely destroy any QB's day this season.