Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck's Postgame Presser Odd

ColtfreakDVA

11 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

When I was in high school we won the State Championship but after averaging over 50 points a game through the first 13, we only scored 7 points, but still won. Instead of mass happiness most of my teammate were slamming their gear down in anger.  I have to admit I was plenty happy, but I was still a little bummed after that night that we didn't play well like we had all season.  And we won because we blocked their extra point, which oddly was a big factor tonight.   So I get it.  Even in the biggest win of our lives, the majority of our team acted like we'd gotten blown out.  Luck played very badly, and was bummed.  He know's it is going to be a very long season and unless our line can hold together health wise, it is hard to imagine Luck playing all season.  He has a world of pressure on him, perhaps we need to lighten up and give him a break ourselves.  .    

Luck played very badly?      He made two mistakes.     Granted, they were big and led to 10 SD points.

But on balance,  Luck played extremely well,  and if not for him,   the Colts don't win today.

All I'm asking for is a little perspective.......

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am even smart enough to know we aren't SB contenders but I think we can still win our Division and have a fun entertaining team to watch. So I think our fans should appreciate that until we can build a better Defense. Why cant people just appreciate that and have patience? We have won a SB already so Indy isn't a starving city for a Title. Nobody in our Division scares me, they really don't - not even Houston. Brock really? They have a Very Good Defense with 1 Great player but we can beat them IMO. Our QB is so much better than theirs.

I agree,,,we're more likely than not even with the Texans,., but both teams are far from contenders, so our Super Bowl run is more likely going to be winning our division if we can. 

3 hours ago, ColtfreakDVA said:

Just got done watching Lucks presser and really found him very uncomfortable and very irritated.  If i hadn't know the outcome I would say he lost by big margins.

I know he puts a lot of pressure on himself when he makes mistakes but even when asked about the good plays he seemed to be snappy at the reporters.  

It just felt strange watching it.  Think he needs to lighten up a bit with the snarky self deprecating pressers.

I wan''t be happy neither if I committed 2 TOs. INT is not totally on him, but that fumble...and he killed a promising, possibly scoring drive at the end of the first half. He could finished the game at that point. A 2-scores lead in the half had given us a huge momentum.

2 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

half of the people on this forum just like to complain about a team everyone loves because they lead miserable lives and don't have anyone in real life to vent to.

Austin, that's the entire Internet, not just this message board.

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Luck played very badly?      He made two mistakes.     Granted, they were big and led to 10 SD points.

But on balance,  Luck played extremely well,  and if not for him,   the Colts don't win today.

All I'm asking for is a little perspective.......

I feel pretty comfortable stating that Luck is quite displeased with his play, but the point was you can win and still be unhappy.  In addition to the turnovers he had some bad passes as well... so he wasn't ecstatic at his presser.  Not a big surprise or big deal.

2 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

half of the people on this forum just like to complain about a team everyone loves because they lead miserable lives and don't have anyone in real life to vent to.

Good point...or is it? Is complaining about fellow fans the same as complaining about the team? Some folk take what is really just a game way to seriously. 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This next Draft Grigs has will be all about Defense I am sure of it, maybe we can Draft a solid RB too in the 3rd or 4th Round. Who knows?

Well, we need to gut the entire Linebacking corp. That's our weakness, no pass rush by the OLB's and no pass coverage by the ILBs,  I'd be happy with LBers in the first 4 rounds if good ones were actually available, but they rarely are. 

5 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Good point...or is it? Is complaining about fellow fans the same as complaining about the team? Some folk take what is really just a game way to seriously. 

Glad we won, had we lost 1000 people would've been here Trolling us haha telling us Andrew chokes in the clutch and Pagano cant Coach - and that is truth.

23 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

I feel pretty comfortable stating that Luck is quite displeased with his play, but the point was you can win and still be unhappy.  In addition to the turnovers he had some bad passes as well... so he wasn't ecstatic at his presser.  Not a big surprise or big deal.

Yes.....    Luck holds himself to a higher standard than everyone else.      That's his right.

But by any objective standard.....   from anybody else, from the outside looking in,  today was a very, very good day for Andrew Luck.      

11 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Go watch Big Bens performance against the Eagles. Cam lost.  Arizona and Bruce Arians struggling.  We won thanks to 2 big plays made by 3 of our stars and n the 4th quarter.  Luck, TY and Geathers.  This was a good win.

Fist bump. out of likes! Yeah Cam was awesome today haha so was Benny!

20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes.....    Luck holds himself to a higher standard than everyone else.      That's his right.

But by any objective standard.....   from anybody else, from the outside looking in,  today was a very, very good day for Andrew Luck.      

I think Andrew in his mind wants to be the best ever and he's capable of it so that is why he looks frustrated at times with silly Turnovers.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nobody in our Division scares me, they really don't - not even Houston. Brock really?

Considering it took Brock until I believe the 4th quarter of New England's game for Houston to actually snap the ball in New England territory... Yea, Brock is garbage. It's funny, analysts talk about Luck being over-rated, but why aren't they talking about Brock!?

4 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Considering it took Brock until I believe the 4th quarter of New England's game for Houston to actually snap the ball in New England territory... Yea, Brock is garbage. It's funny, analysts talk about Luck being over-rated, but why aren't they talking about Brock!?

Because we have Andrew and he is touted as the next greatest ever. Very unfair but I love it, I am sure he does too. We are stuck with #12 so let it Roll baby! I can live with the Turnovers if he is going to throw 60 Yard passes to pull out 1 point wins.

29 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Go watch Big Bens performance against the Eagles. Cam lost.  Arizona and Bruce Arians struggling.  We won thanks to 2 big plays made by 3 of our stars and n the 4th quarter.  Luck, TY and Geathers.  This was a good win.

Don't forget the Jets throwing 6 interceptions with two pick sixes and add two fumbles to that.

That sadder part of that is the Chiefs only scoring 24 points with the two pick sixes.

Just think had Luck and the Colts had a game like that this forum would erupt into a frenzy that would tilt this web site.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Andrew in his mind wants to be the best ever and he's capable of it so that is why he looks frustrated at times with silly Turnovers.

You may be right......    but I've never, ever gotten that sense from Andrew.  

But I'm positive he's determined to be the best Andrew Luck he can be.    And frankly,  I don't think he's close.   And I think he mostly blames himself.      He'll never publicly blame teammates,  or coaches,  or the GM, or anyone but himself.      That's the way he's hard wired.    

I think he's capable of much, much more.    I'm still modestly hopeful that this new coaching staff can at least raise him to another level.     A level we have no seen except in flashes....    like the 2nd half of the KC playoff game.     That type of thing.

It's hard being Andrew Luck right now.     But this is what he signed up for,  so there will be no pitty-parties for him.       Tough it out,  ride out the storm and come out the other side a better player.

7 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

3am here in France pal! See Preston won on Friday. Tailgating on Sunday?

Amazingly so, they are really not looking good enough this year to stay up. I really know how to pick them when it comes to following sports teams... 

Not sure what plans are for Sunday yet apart from turning up there at some point. How's the wife's ankle? Are you looking good to go?

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

Amazingly so, they are really not looking good enough this year to stay up. I really know how to pick them when it comes to following sports teams... 

Not sure what plans are for Sunday yet apart from turning up there at some point. How's the wife's ankle? Are you looking good to go?

Yep, booked my hotel. Just need a ticket! Wife is getting surgery this afternoon. So barring major complications, will be seeing the Shoe for the 2nd time in the flesh! I will PM you my number, and if you have time for a beer before or after, just call me......if not, no worries......

In watching his pressers, he just seems uncomfortable behind the mic.  Seemingly almost annoyed in having to restate the obvious, over and over.  He doesn't seem like the personality type to have to always go do these post game pressers.   Is such league required?   If not, if I were Colts management, I would simply not have him always do them after each and every game.

7 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

A few mistakes in 60 odd snaps. What about the excellent plays he made, including the game winner. It is not Madden.

True from that perspective.  Also true is Luck gave the Chargers 10 points on those 2 turnovers alone.  And he and the Colts were truly in a position to step on their throat and start to put the game out of reach.  Not so, and the Chargers hung around for 55 minutes.  That's when the good teams 'win' by not making anymore mistakes and take it, and let the other team 'Lose' by making a mistake(s).

I believe Andrew feels they won in spite of him, rather than because of him.

Just like all high-achievers, his personal expectations are way beyond what average people see as reasonable.

All he needs is a quality pint of beer and a few laughs with his buddies. His positive vibes will start taking over and he'll will cheer up.

On to London 1-2. 1 game out in the division.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Andrew in his mind wants to be the best ever and he's capable of it so that is why he looks frustrated at times with silly turnovers

That, and getting hit in the pocket are Lucks 2 worst drawbacks.  If he and the team fix/reduce those, Luck will have a tremendously incredible career.  So he isn't happy even in a win if he doesn't meet his goals/standards.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I noticed about at least 20 to 30 posters disappeared that are supposed Colts fans and we actualy win. Pretty cute haha. Yeah that makes sense. If you are a Colts fan you are here when we win. Come on fella's lmao 

Trolls...