Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Changes you would like to see

jbaron04

Offensive line 

Rt - Joe haeg 

Replace reitz 

Reason : 60 starts at the Lt /Rt in college

And just better than reitz,  quicker feet and comes from a winning program with wentz winning 5 straight championships 

And for the 3rd week in a row reitz stunk it up 

8 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

Offensive line 

Rt - Joe haeg 

Replace reitz 

And just better than reitz,  quicker feet and comes from a winning program with wentz winning 5 straight championships 

I wouldn't mind him at RT. Better sooner than later anyways, considering even if he does have growing pains it would be Reitz's normal performance anyways.

Problem is who do you put at RG? Is Bythe really a possibility there? And what is Good's injury status? We need to get a starting 5 set in stone, otherwise these "growing pains" will shrink our productivity. 

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I wouldn't mind him at RT. Better sooner than later anyways, considering even if he does have growing pains it would be Reitz's normal performance anyways.

Problem is who do you put at RG? Is Bythe really a possibility there? And what is Good's injury status? We need to get a starting 5 set in stone, otherwise these "growing pains" will shrink our productivity. 

I dont think Blythe is ready yet, They will insert only in a emergency like today but if correct he is the backup center and guard

Aside from Andrew Luck and a few select players, I hate how the whole team is built. I know a lot of this happens to be how you draft, but I like how the Broncos have built their team. They're smart with their money in free agency by spending it on quality players they know that are worth it. I would like to see this type of improvement in the offseasons.

Coaching: We're sloppy. Way too many penalties. I know injuries happen, but we're consistently one of the most injured teams in the NFL. Is it just injury prone players, or coaching/strength/conditioning?

Offensive Line: We addressed this a little bit, but still gives up way too much pressure. QB's like Siemian, Wentz, and whatever QB the Patriots play. All end up looking better than Luck because they have decent o-lines that make them look good and they can run the ball.

Wide Receivers/Tight End: One of our strengths. I would like to see us get bigger on WR though. Moncrief is our biggest guy, but I don't see him as a serious red zone threat. Thats what we have TE's for, but I just prefer larger wideouts. Think Brandon Marshall and Demaryius Thomas.

Runningback: Frank Gore is a solid short term fix, but we need to find a workhorse back or a good committee to run with.

D-Line: Seems to be getting better. Anderson isn't bad and Kerr has been good versus the run. I think we can get better, but solid.

Linebackers: We have almost no consistent pass rushing threats and we need to address this immediately. Dqwell is a volume tackler, but getting old and I think a bit over paid. Morrison shows promise.

Secondary: If we were healthy maybe this would be a bright spot, but I've yet to see it. Mike Adams has been a probowler along with Vontae when he is healthy, but everyone else is a question mark. I know Geathers had a nice play today and there is potential with TJ Green, but a weak point at this point in the season.

27 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

Offensive line 

Rt - Joe haeg 

Replace reitz 

Yes to Haeg.

More Chester Rogers!

DB's--more time will help due to injuries.

Pass Rush-I'm not sure here. 

36 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

You had me dying laughing lol reitz normal is right 

36 minutes ago, Archangel said:

IMOP

LT cast

LG Mewhort

C Kelly

RG Goode

RT Haeg

I was high on Haeg when he was drafted i was just worried about his weight but when he replaced Reitz he did hold his own, But lets see what happens next week

I like that line up 

40 minutes ago, Archangel said:

IMOP

LT cast

LG Mewhort

C Kelly

RG Goode

RT Haeg

I was high on Haeg when he was drafted i was just worried about his weight but when he replaced Reitz he did hold his own, But lets see what happens next week

Isnt he like 6'6 ? 

Yeah Reitz needs to sit until healthy. Also I didn't keep score or anything and haven't looked at PFF initial grades and the all 22 is not available yet but nothing sticks out to me regarding Haeg having a bad game at RG. If that holds true I'd consider starting him again next week. We were running the ball well with him at RG until we quit running the ball in the 2nd half

I just want us to come out strong be ahead like 2 TDs before the half. Our defense is mostly build to play with the lead. Luck have to be smarter with ball. Need to limit turnovers. Gore need to have 100+ yards running. Let him loose. Next year I like to see us draft a speedy RB. Our O-line can make holes but they are pretty small. Need someone with a burst of speed to get through the hole quick. 

I thought the run game had some better moments with Haeg at guard. I saw him pushing some guys around. Ge did get pushed into Luck on that fumble.  We survived with him at RT , which is good. Anyway, I feel good about both Haeg and Blythe. I don't like the penalties thiugh, bad coaching.For Clark next year is critical, If he still can't play, dump him.

Good has the quicker feet so he might go back to playing RT, Haeg did do good job at RG did open some holes but needs to add a couple of pounds IMO, Blythe is still a little rough but is learning did good in spelling Mewhort, Cannot go to wrong with either Haeg or Good at RT or RG, But Reitz needs to sit until healthy.

3 hours ago, jbaron04 said:

Offensive line 

Rt - Joe haeg 

Replace reitz 

Reitz is playing at far less than 100%.     He's doing so because we don't have better options.

Reitz was pretty steady last year.      Graded out pretty well.       Revealed during the pre-season that he's been playing hurt.      And went out today with a bad back.     When a solid guy is playing this poorly for this length of time,   more likely,  he's hurt.

28 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

IMO just start Clark at RT, with Haeg rotating in. Reitz to rotate with Mewhort and Goode at guard spots.

Clark can't be any worse than Tony Ugoh.

Clark wasn't even active today.     Not sure if he's been active even once yet.    Clark is a long, LONG way from being ready to start.

8 hours ago, TheEdgeis1 said:

Whats the deal with clark, did he play today.  Is he not that good, i thought he was a good prospect coming out of college?

He was inactive since we had tackle depth and heag is more pro ready. Also he came from a spread offense so this yr is gonna be a wash for him trying to learn a pro style system 

I have to say, as an NDSU alumni, and a Colts fan, to say that I was excited when we drafted Haeg would be an understatement. I'm glad that people are getting a chance to see what I knew from the moment he was drafted. Being FCS I know a lot of people probably didn't get to see a lot of his play but he did a hell of a job in college, is a great down-to-earth guy (I was in school at the same time as him so I did have a handful of interactions with him) and is going to be a hell of a football player. Yes, he'll have some growing pains, but from what I saw yesterday and from what I know about Joe he's going to work his tail off and really show that he belongs. 

23 hours ago, twfish said:

I'd rather see haeg at RG and Good at RT personally 

They tried Good at RT last year and they decided his best position is RG.  I don't think he is quick enough to handle the speed rushers.  He has won the RG position and will get better with more playing time.  Haag ,I think, is quick enough to handle the speed rushers and he played a lot of tackle in college.  I would be more inclined to see if he can handle the RT spot. He actually looks a lot like Costanzo at the other end.  I am expecting Good to come back to guard this week and for Haag to get the start at RT.  I would be surprised if Reitz makes the trip.

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

They tried Good at RT last year and they decided his best position is RG.  I don't think he is quick enough to handle the speed rushers.  He has won the RG position and will get better with more playing time.  Haag ,I think, is quick enough to handle the speed rushers and he played a lot of tackle in college.  I would be more inclined to see if he can handle the RT spot. He actually looks a lot like Costanzo at the other end.  I am expecting Good to come back to guard this week and for Haag to get the start at RT.  I would be surprised if Reitz makes the trip.

I'm not sure if they like good more at guard than tackle, reitz earned the starting spot last year when he played well this year hasn't been good too him. I liked good at tackle last year and I think it's a better position for him personally