Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Chargers Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

6 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

im tired of the gunslinger excuse too

luck is turnover prone, period.  they need to realize that and get it fixed, rather than write if off or blame things like the defense and running game

You either have  gunslinger or you have Alex Smith..Big Ben is a GunSlinger...sometimes you turn it over

We don't have the defense like Denver who can play a game manager

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That damn fumble changed the whole game, I think Luck shouldve ruled down but it wasn't called so now we are down by a TD! This team is tough to watch because they do things to beat themselves.

I think we can score 28-031..but we aren't stopping them as the game goes on

6 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

im tired of the gunslinger excuse too

luck is turnover prone, period.  they need to realize that and get it fixed, rather than write if off or blame things like the defense and running game

By using the term period you're actually saying it's not fixable... so the only option would be to get shot of Luck if that's your belief.

1 minute ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

"Tough guy" lmao. Name calling is always mature.  There was a lot of holding as they blitzed the crap out of us. Just press rewind on your tv if you don't believe me 

And the helmet to helmet hits? Just gonna ignore those?

And there's holding on both sides. So cool it with telling people to cool it.

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

See this is the weird thing for me. 2012 the culture was what got us through a very tough time with a roster that was probably less talented than this one.

Fast forward to today and you really have to wonder how much the Pagano/Grigson feud poisoned the well so to speak.

I don't like how everything Colts is Luck.  It needs to be about the team.  Irsay is always talking about how Luck will lead us to wins and Luck will do this and that for the team.  The Colts' Facebook page is always showing photos and videos of Luck, saying Luck will lead us to a victory and Luck is ready for the game and all this.  It needs to be less about Luck and more about the team.  If I were another player on the team, I'd feel slighted.  The team will lead us to a victory, not one player.  Luck is useless without receivers and running backs and the OL, even if you think his surrounding talent is subparSo you have a culture that is hyper-focused on the QB. 

Then you have a GM who has been noted as being arrogant, meddling, and hard to get along with...which would be OK if he could actually do his job well.  Grigson thinks he's the smartest guy in the room everywhere he goes.  Not only that, but I really do think making cool storylines is a motive for him.

On top of that, you have a coaching staff that is consistently unprepared, doesn't put the best players on the field/in the best situations, and generally seems overwhelmed.

In my opinion, it's a problem with the entire culture.  It starts with Irsay at the top, then gets worse as you get to the GM and the head coach.

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

By using the term period you're actually saying it's not fixable... so the only option would be to get shot of Luck if that's your belief.

i dont mean to imply that

i think it could be fixed.  we need to get to a point where we are not so reliant on him for one thing, which supports what you have been saying.

the running game and defense have not been bad today though.  defense was ok against denver too

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

I don't like how everything Colts is Luck.  It needs to be about the team.  Irsay is always talking about how Luck will lead us to wins and Luck will do this and that for the team.  The Colts' Facebook page is always showing photos and videos of Luck, saying Luck will lead us to a victory and Luck is ready for the game and all this.  It needs to be less about Luck and more about the team.  If I were another player on the team, I'd feel slighted.  The team will lead us to a victory, not one player.  Luck is useless without receivers and running backs and the OL, even if you think his surrounding talent is subparSo you have a culture that is hyper-focused on the QB. 

Then you have a GM who has been noted as being arrogant, meddling, and hard to get along with...which would be OK if he could actually do his job well.  Grigson thinks he's the smartest guy in the room everywhere he goes.  Not only that, but I really do think making cool storylines is a motive for him.

On top of that, you have a coaching staff that is consistently unprepared, doesn't put the best players on the field/in the best situations, and generally seems overwhelmed.

In my opinion, it's a problem with the entire culture.  It starts with Irsay at the top, then gets worse as you get to the GM and the head coach.

Probably one of the most sensible and insightful posts on here in a while.

I feel sad that I agree with you.

19 minutes ago, talbott37 said:

Lets all blame Luck for his #'s not being as good as others QB'S when his wrs keep dropping easy td passes!! Like  Allen in this game & I believe it was Turbin  in last week's game or Gore being wide open in the flat & drops it with nobody even 15 yards near him!

Let's blame Luck when he has Dwayne Allen open for a touchdown if he leads him but he under throws it and hits the defender in the back or when he throws an ill advised pass thats picked and gives the Chargers the ball deep in our territory or for not going just down and taking a sack before half the defensive line had him wrapped up and stopped.  73 turnovers in 58 games is just way too much for what he is now getting paid. 

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

Probably one of the most sensible and insightful posts on here in a while.

I feel sad that I agree with you.

Again, I don't want to go into too much detail here in the game day thread.  But take all of those problems, then give your GM and head coach (who reportedly have problems working with each other) an extension and I see it as the owner just contributing more to the culture we have here.

1 minute ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Can't Say I have. Thought you meant to write "Get rid of" not "Get shot of"

Britishinformal
get (or be) rid of.
"Helen couldn't wait to get shot of me"
synonyms: dispose of, do away with, throw away, throw out, toss out, clear out, discard, scrap, remove, dispense with, lose, dump, bin, unload, jettison, dismiss, expel, eject, weed out, root out; More