Colts Vs. Chargers Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Mr.Debonair said:

Dude threw a terrible interception and just fumbled and gave them free points.

You don't risk him screwing up again. Just go into the half tied

I respectfully completely disagree.  Hurry up offense, which luck has thrived in.  Create a positive instead of going into the locker with your tails between your legs.

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

Luck isn't perfect though.

Of course not, but you do wonder if the fact it's literally all been on his shoulders since coming into the league hasn't had an effect. We've not had the pressure relief valves of a running game or a shut out D. He still tries to do too much, today is a prime example. Even when we can move the ball on the ground he's trying to make low% throws/plays when the better man would retreat and live to fight another play.

That is the major frustration for me.

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

Of course not, but you do wonder if the fact it's literally all been on his shoulders since coming into the league hasn't had an effect. We've not had the pressure relief valves of a running game or a shut out D. He still tries to do too much, today is a prime example. Even when we can move the ball on the ground he's trying to make low% throws/plays when the better man would retreat and live to fight another play.

That is the major frustration for me.

Yeah, I hear ya.  It's really frustrating.  He has a gunslinger's mentality, and we don't have the roster to make up for it when he makes mistakes.

2 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah they had a chance to go up by 10 min, it was obvious they were bringing the heat.  I have no idea how he didn't see it.

He tried to break through and step up.......probably was best to just go down...in hind sight but he was trying to make a play and put us up 14

2 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah they had a chance to go up by 10 min, it was obvious they were bringing the heat.  I have no idea how he didn't see it.

They did see it, both Castanzo and Ferguson missed their blocks, but of course that's Luck's fault.

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

i understand perfectly, and luck had the 8th highest int % last year too

Which represents a sample size of...

Besides if you really want to get geeky, if you have a run of numbers that are outliers compared to the baseline SD  you look for outside factors... like him being banged up to hell.

Stop being obtuse for the sake of argument. No-one is saying they're happy with the amount of turnovers, but you're barking up the wrong tree for the root cause of the volume. Have a ground game, ask your QB to throw less, less chance of a bad thing happening. 

What makes it worse it we are horrible at the "safe" passing plays and constantly look for the chunk gains, which come of course with greater risk.

Numbers are valueless without context and understanding.

It's crazy how protected Luck is from criticism on this board. It's NEVER his fault. "Oh, but he has to carry the Colts, so of course he will make mistakes". Bollox. We were leading this game with the defense playing well when Luck decided to throw a boneheaded interception, then we continue to lead because our defense has been playing really well limiting Rivers, and Luck turns it over by poor awareness and/or not wanting to thrown it away. Will people ever blame Luck?!

2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Yeah, I hear ya.  It's really frustrating.  He has a gunslinger's mentality, and we don't have the roster to make up for it when he makes mistakes.

Bingo, but if he doesn't gamble it all constantly we have no other way to win.

It's really coming home to roost how badly we've constructed this roster.

Just now, James said:

It's crazy how protected Luck is from criticism on this board. It's NEVER his fault. "Oh, but he has to carry the Colts, so of course he will make mistakes". Bollox. We were leading this game with the defense playing well when Luck decided to thrown a boneheaded interception, then we continue to lead because our defense has been playing really well limiting Rivers, and Luck turns it over by poor awareness and/or not wanting to thrown it away. Will people ever blame Luck?!

People do blame Luck. You just refuse to accept that two blocks were completely missed. Tell me again what you would do since you're a football coach and all. Why aren't you on the sidelines coaching somewhere if you know everything? I'm also curious why you're a fan? ALL YOU DO IS COMPLAIN. 

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

Which represents a sample size of...

Besides if you really want to get geeky, if you have a run of numbers that are outliers compared to the baseline SD  you look for outside factors... like him being banged up to hell.

Stop being obtuse for the sake of argument. No-one is saying they're happy with the amount of turnovers, but you're barking up the wrong tree for the root cause of the volume. Have a ground game, ask your QB to throw less, less chance of a bad thing happening. 

What makes it worse it we are horrible at the "safe" passing plays and constantly look for the chunk gains, which come of course with greater risk.

Numbers are valueless without context and understanding.

May as well give up bud. Until Luck wins about 20 superbowls, these same fans will keep bashing him. It's the same ones since day one. They troll and complain about Luck, call him garbage, turnover machine etc, yet they are the last to ever admit that without Luck, we wouldn't have won even 10 games in 5 years, let alone have won any playoff games......

1 minute ago, James said:

It's crazy how protected Luck is from criticism on this board. It's NEVER his fault. "Oh, but he has to carry the Colts, so of course he will make mistakes". Bollox. We were leading this game with the defense playing well when Luck decided to throw a boneheaded interception, then we continue to lead because our defense has been playing really well limiting Rivers, and Luck turns it over by poor awareness and/or not wanting to thrown it away. Will people ever blame Luck?!

Criticism of Luck is fine, if it is well founded.  Your's is just over the top and rediculous.