Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What I wanna see most from our defense

WoolMagnet

I'm tired of watching other defenses (especially Denver) hitting after the whistle and headhunting.

its time for our D to start returning the favor.  If an opponents D wants to play that way, I'd like our D to start busting heads.  I don't care anymore about fair play.  If someone throws a punch, it's your obligation (imo) to strike back with twice the force.  That's the way I conduct my business.  I'm a nice guy until I'm pushed.  Then I calculate and STRIKE.

i'll take a few penalties to set the tone.

maybe we need an "enforcer" like hockey. A guy we don't care if he gets ejected.  A Burfict type.  Just let him sit on the bench for opponents to see.

if they come after one of ours, send him out to take care of business.

note: I know this is extreme.  And I really deep down don't mean it.  But I'm sick and tired of these head hunters taking guys out and, in many cases, don't even get a penalty.  Not even for head shots .

I understand the frustration, especially with all the injuries that seem to be mounting. But to be honest, I thought Denver played pretty fair last game (for the most part). There were for sure some iffy moments, but nowadays in the NFL, it's hard to build an elite Defense that plays "clean" 100 percent of the time. It's a fast game. 

It's those after the play hits that really annoys me (and Denver HAS been known to do those). Once the guy is down, seriously, ease up. That's how players REALLY get hurt, and I don't care about setting a tone, I wouldn't want the Colts to do stuff like that. JMO of course.

I should point out I don't want "our" boys to do that either.  But I DO want them to set the tone by being more physical and give that little extra force (before the whistle of course).  After watching us vs Denver and Carolina vs Denver, it sure seems the refs are letting it happen.  ESPECIALLY in the Carolina game.  If they would have hit luck like they did cam, I might have went out looking for Bronco fans to "repay the favor".

. J/k , or am I?, I'm really not sure