Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The beginning of the end...

bluephantom87

4 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

That's nice.

i was going to Colt games in Baltimore starting in the 70s.

that doesn't make me a better or worse fan.

but I stand by my observation that MOST of the negative threads are from people you never see around here until things get bad.  There are positive people and negative people in the world.  THAT doesn't change the situation, just how one deals with it.  If I lived in Indy, I'd have season tickets too.

trust me buddy, you're not a bigger Colt fan than me, but I would not say I am a "better" fan than you either.  Can't we be "even?"

i agree Mathis may not be a top-tier rusher anymore.  Maybe if he got some help.  Heck ware or Miller wouldn't be what they are without each other.  I am hoping as our injured defensive players come back, Mathis' production will improve.  He's kinda on his own right now.  And to think Grigs should bring someone in is crazy cuz at least 31 teams would bring in the same guy.  I think good rushers are harder to find than good QBs sometimes.

so anyhow, if the shoe doesn't fit, don't get uptight.  But seriously, look around at the tone of 99% of the posts from those with low post counts. Maybe they are all troll Texan fans.

Lol. I was just breaking your balls a little bit. I think the majority on here are Colts fans. That's why I love to come here and read the posts. I don't have any problems with negative posts or comments. There's been a lot to complain about but I enter every year hoping for 19-0. Right now I'm still wishing for 17-2.  I never enter a season  hoping for and expecting anything less than success. I'm permanently hitched to the horseshoe. So you'll never hear me saying we'll have a losing season or there's no way we can beat this team or that team. So I agree with you in not liking the ones that leap off the bandwagon at the first sign of trouble. I just want to get Mathis some help. Going into this season expecting Mathis and Cole to create a dynamic pass rush was foolish. I'm so disappointed in our inability to get pressure on a regular basis I'm for bringing in Freeney. 

8 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Lol. I was just breaking your balls a little bit. I think the majority on here are Colts fans. That's why I love to come here and read the posts. I don't have any problems with negative posts or comments. There's been a lot to complain about but I enter every year hoping for 19-0. Right now I'm still wishing for 17-2.  I never enter a season  hoping for and expecting anything less than success. I'm permanently hitched to the horseshoe. So you'll never hear me saying we'll have a losing season or there's no way we can beat this team or that team. So I agree with you in not liking the ones that leap off the bandwagon at the first sign of trouble. I just want to get Mathis some help. Going into this season expecting Mathis and Cole to create a dynamic pass rush was foolish. I'm so disappointed in our inability to get pressure on a regular basis I'm for bringing in Freeney. 

Has Freeney done anything in Atlanta?  Is he still there?

i'd love to see them back together, but 2 old rushers  aren't any better than one i'm afraid.

Hopefully not a full crash this year overall of the team bottoming out. It sure has that feeling. This team is in shambles as still gets pushed around on the soft D (for years), no running game still, and O-line that cannot protect Luck. He's looking like Archie Manning now from those bad Saints teams.  We are also looking weak at WR with no depth and Doyle outplaying Allen (no surprise here). Still have Adam and Pat. Can the coaches tell Pat he does not have to boom it out for the other team to start at the 25. Other coaches made adjustments to force team to return from end zone. Guess still doing it due to lack of coverage and non existing tackling.

On 9/18/2016 at 11:13 PM, 21isSuperman said:

It shouldn't be.  We should have been prepared for it by having other pass rushers ready.  It should be a surprise to no one that Mathis would eventually lose his speed and explosion and not have the same pass rushing ability that he used to.  Getting older and losing athletic ability literally happens to every player in the history of the league.  That's why you need to replace those older players with younger talent to make sure your team doesn't fall into the state the Colts are currently in.  Despite having Ware and Miller both playing at a high level, the Broncos spent a first round pick on Shane Ray.  Now today, they have the depth that with Ware expected to miss time, their pass rush should still be a threat

Yeah you're exactly right. Grigs has done a terrible job this is one of the many proofs. 

I'm holding out hope that some of the problem with Mathis is his toe issue he's having.  If it is the big toe, that can cause all sorts of problems.  Mix that with old age and we have a big problem.  Getting some guys back and healthy will help tremendously, but it's not the cure all.  There is still the glaring problem going forward, no true young pass rushers.

So....  Do we give Mr. Hardy a call?  I say yes and here is why.  Unlike Dallas, I believe we have the right kind of looker room or the right mix of players to help him toe the line.  I would like to believe that he is at a point in life and career that he understands what he has lost, and also what he could get back.  Look at it this way.  He comes in, Mathis and Cole take him under there wings.  He learns from them on and off the field, and gives that one thing we truly need, a pass rush.  I would hope we would sign Hardy to a 3yr.  production based contract.  No hidden nonsense, it says if you mess up, you are done.  No excuses!!  We draft a young pass rusher in Rd. 1 of next years draft.  That would give us some needed help in an area that we are desperate in.  Also, I am in no means saying anything he has done in the past is all right, but people do and need a third, fourth, tenth chance sometimes.  Several people said no to Incognito, but now they wished we would have gotten him.