Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano complaints (merge)

RockThatBlue

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/12/2017 at 9:10 AM, Coltsfan50 said:

If its time for a change at Head Coach, then stop thinking about it, and do it. Ive read that Irsay is in talks with Jon Gruden. If he is hired as Colts head coach, I think things will change for the better .

What?

You mean Irsay immediately called up Jon Gruden once he witnessed the murder of his franchise?

Pagano will stick out the season..

For me, I have kind of come to view Pagano like the Trent Dilfer of the coaching ranks. If the team has enough talent, Pagano's coaching gaffs, timeouts, lack of time outs, challenges, lack of challenges, trick plays when none are warranted are a minor annoyance, as the performance of the whole tends to minimize those mistakes. However the last couple of seasons (AND) yesterday, we see those gaffs on a team that is bereft of talent that can't afford any mistakes and Pagano gets exposed. He often looks like an unqualified leader. I have always been of the camp that firing a coach IN season, is saying, we would like to take a mulligan this year and try again next year for any team. So, I think the lack of talent this year (IF) that is what it is, will make for people calling for his head weekly and make for a long season for people like me. I am not saying I am FOR chuck being our coach, I guess I am simply saying if you were going to make the change it needed to happen BEFORE the season started, or at the very least at the END of this season, at this point, you gotta run what you brung.  

At this point I have no complaints for Chuck Pagano. He is what he is and what he's shown to be for the last 6 years. He's not to blame for our management not having seen that. From now on every criticism about Pagano's coaching should be addressed towards the GM and the owner. They are the ones that should have fired Pagano years ago and they are the ones that bear the responsibility of keeping him way past the time everybody knew he's an incompetent head coach.

I've said all along, Pagano needs to go and his staff.  Team is moving backwards.  Need a championship caliber coach that can hold players accountable.  Pick one from the Nick Saban school of coaching. At least we'll get someone that won't tolerate mediocrity and challenges close plays that affects the team...

34 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

I've said all along, Pagano needs to go and his staff.  Team is moving backwards.  Need a championship caliber coach that can hold players accountable.  Pick one from the Nick Saban school of coaching. At least we'll get someone that won't tolerate mediocrity and challenges close plays that affects the team...

I have to say the only way you get a championship coach is to hire one who has won a championship.  Chances are there aren't to many of them around.  Most likely another first timer with no experience.  It's only one game and it was a non conference loss so it's not the end of the world. 

We are looking at another 0-2 start to the season for the 4th year in a row. 

I keep giving the benefit of doubt and looking at positives to keeping Chuck, but my words are diminishing. I go through this every year:

Preseason: "Hey let's give him a chance, it's only preseason! Rome wasn't built in a day! Even Ole' Hoodie was crap in Cleveland before becoming the god-like coach that he is today!"

Regular season: :(:facepalm::peek::ninja::pokerface: Oh.... 

Ugh... Why do I keep defending him? He's such a nice guy, a good personality to have as our leader... WHY CAN'T HE JUST PREPARE THE TEAM? Where is the leadership and accountability that we were hearing so much about this summer?

I am still pulling for ya Pagano. I really am. Because the best cure for all of this is winning games. I want this man to succeed so badly... For this team to succeed so badly. 

Pagano should have never been retained by Irsay when his contract expired.  PLEASE save the Colts and fire Pagano now.  He just makes too many bone head mistakes.  I guess he carries that red flag in his pocket to go with his outfit.  You have to challenge the Mack touchdown.  What does do, runs back to the line scrimmage and surprise the Rams.  Colts are going nowhere withPagano!