Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Broncos Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• It really is an excellent history. Some really great players you mentioned , and plenty of banners. The only thing I don’t like is the finalist banners in a stadium. I think banners should be reserved for division or conference championships , and the Super Bowl. The banners also highlight how great Peyton Manning really was. A lot of banners during that era. 
    • BCS stadiums fill up for non conference games with the home teams fans primarily.  You don't think they'd show up for their teams playoff games?  As to the traveling fans most of the games in the BCS that are played the stadiums are 80-90% if not more filled with fans from the home team not the traveling team.  Better records/placement/seeding would give the teams who have earned the home games and their fans a chance to see their team play.  As to the visiting team you could incorporate the bowl games into a playoff format and they'd be televised as they are now.  Don't try and tell me that the visiting teams fans fill the away stadiums now (they don't) those are primarily the home teams.   I follow the FCS playoffs and watch many of the games on ESPN+.  Every announcer and color commentator (most color commentators covering these games are ex-NFL Players).  Many of those guys played at FBS schools.  They all say the same thing.  The FBS is missing out and the FCS is the way to do it regarding playoffs.  If the FBS had a 24 team playoff format where the conference champions got a seed/bye and the rest of the teams making the playoffs were voted in based on their records the interest in a true FBS playoff would be way higher than what you currently have.   There are so many meaningless bowl games where you have half empty stadiums if you are lucky are meaningless to the average fan.  The only ones going to those bowls are family, friends and those who want to take a vacation assuming the game is played somewhere they actually would want to spend some time.    
    • I read your previous posts as well. As a fan I would be fine with just the Indianapolis history but I didn't become a fan until the Colts moved here in 1984. So that is why I am ok with it. Since the Colts have been in Indy, we would have plenty banners: 1987 AFC East Division Champs 1995 AFC Conference Finalist 1999 AFC East Division Champs 2003 AFC South Division Champs 2003 AFC Conference Finalist  2004 AFC South Division Champs 2005 AFC South Division Champs 2006 AFC South Division Champs 2006 AFC Conference Finalist 2006 AFC Champs 2006 World Champions 2007 AFC South Division Champs 2009 AFC South Division Champs 2009 AFC Conference Finalist  2009 AFC Champions 2010 AFC South Division Champs 2013 AFC South Division Champs 2014 AFC South Division Champs 2014 AFC South Division Champs 2014 AFC Conference Finalist   -Great history but not any big accomplishments since the 2014 season. What I consider big accomplishments are winning your division, making the AFC Title Game, winning the AFC, winning the SB.   My Indianapolis ROH would consist of: Offense Peyton Manning and his number #18 would be retired! (QB) Marvin Harrison and his number #88 would be retired! (WR) Reggie Wayne (WR) Edge James (RB) Eric Dickerson (RB) Marshall Faulk (RB) Chris Hinton (OG/L-ROT) Jeff Saturday (C) Jim Harbaugh (QB)   Defense Dwight Freeney (DE) Robert Mathis (DE) Bob Sanders (S)   SP Teams Adam Vinatieri    
  • Members

• chad72

chad72 8,741

• dew5150

dew5150 128

• C0LT5

C0LT5 75

• GoatBeard

GoatBeard 892

• DynaMike

DynaMike 65

• MPStack