Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos RB C.J.Anderson-“Whenever they come here or whenever we go there, they just find ways to win football games against us. They got our number."

bayone

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The Broncos fans, much like other uninformed ones, still have the feeling our OL is garbage. Only one way to show them. If we pass the Broncos' test, our OL will accomplish a lot, IMO.

I still have some concerns when it comes to protecting against the blitz.  I think we had protection problems against Denver last year even though we won.  Chud just designed things to where Luck could get rid of the football so it didn't have the impact that it should have.   Fully expect him to do that again!

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

I still have some concerns when it comes to protecting against the blitz.  I think we had protection problems against Denver last year even though we won.  Chud just designed things to where Luck could get rid of the football so it didn't have the impact that it should have.   Fully expect him to do that again!

Whenever we have beaten Denver, it has been about our secondary making plays and limiting their passing production. Is at least Darius Butler going to be ready, if not VD? That would at least give us Cromartie and Darius Butler.

Our only loss in the last 4 games happened with JT going off for 3 TDs, cough Landry, cough. Their underneath options are not what they were then. That is why I feel that if our DL has a stalemate on their OL and limits their running game, we legitimately have a chance.

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Some Broncos fans, much like other uninformed ones, still have the feeling our OL is garbage. Only one way to show them. If we pass the Broncos' test, our OL will accomplish a lot, IMO.

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

the difference this year with Denvers D , as Makik Jackson left and starter Vance Walkker who played significant time last year is out on IR since preseason

Yes they did sack Cam with those bookends but the interior D line couldnt apply pressure at all, not only could both Walker but esp Jackson do that , Jackson was great at swatting down balls

U give Luck a Pocket he can step into and he will find our speedy WR, or big Donte or since denver has trouble with TE's  there will be many an option

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Whenever we have beaten Denver, it has been about our secondary making plays and limiting their passing production. Is at least Darius Butler going to be ready, if not VD?

Our only loss in the last 4 games happened with JT going off for 3 TDs, cough Landry, cough. Their underneath options are not what they were then. That is why I feel that if our DL has a stalemate on their OL and limits their running game, we legitimately have a chance.

Butler and Clayton Geathers are practicing today so there's some optimism there. 

To me the Broncos D line doesn't even have the same problematic people on it.  We all know Jared Crick is not Malik Johnson.  We've whipped Jared Crick for a number of seasons when he was with Houston.   Antonio Smith is not there.  They still have Williams and Wolf but I think Mewhort and Good can do a good job on them.  I'm wondering in my head if Chud has any plans to play Swoope in this one?  I still remember that Julius Thomas game.  Toss a couple up to our converted Basketball Player!  Actually I do see some mismatches we could get with 3 tightends.  Swoope can really run.

Demaryius Thomas hobbled at practice, as Broncos try to get him square to face Colts 

Demaryius Thomas hobbled his way through a Broncos practice Wednesday at Dove Valley with limited field time. And the Broncos are trying desperately to get him square to face the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday in Denver.

The Broncos’ No. 1 wide receiver continually rapped a fist at his injured left hip during practice and, at one point, he stopped to take a knee after running a hard route. Thomas was involved for only about 33 percent of the Broncos’ practice, coach Gary Kubiak said.

“I know he’s sore. He’s been sore,” Kubiak said. “But we’ve had a few days extra (after a season-opening Thursday game). Now it’s a matter of working through it.”

Thomas injured his hip in the first quarter against the Carolina Panthers last week. He did not practice Monday with the team. After the Broncos’ medical personnel gave him a clean diagnosis after he received an MRI test Friday, Thomas sought out a second opinion Monday, according to ESPN.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/09/14/demaryius-thomas-hip-injury/

If he does play which it sounds kind of 50/50 so far I don't think it will be long.  A couple hard hits and he might be out of there.

His back up Bennie Fowler seems to be injured too.  Has a Brace on his elbow.

4 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

If the O Line wants a litmus test, Here it is.

I know our line played pretty well on Sunday but only a handful of times did Luck have a clean pocket and twice the clean pocket led to a touchdown

No, it isn't because INDY has Denver 2nd guessing itself as Bayone's link indicates. Show me we can beat Pittsburgh in week 12 & not get spanked on Natl. TV. That's the real litmus test to me IA17. 

TE Dwayne Allen-Be on high alert from Talib. Protect your eyes man. Heck, wear a visor if you have to. 

8 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

No, it isn't because INDY has Denver 2nd guessing itself as Bayone's link indicates. Show me we can beat Pittsburgh in week 12 & not get spanked on Natl. TV. That's the real litmus test to me IA17. 

TE Dwayne Allen-Be on high alert from Talib. Protect your eyes man. Heck, wear a visor if you have to. 

What?? Players would never do such a thing haha 

1 minute ago, Happy2BeHere said:

What?? Players would never do such a thing haha 

It still ticks me off how casually Talib just waltzes right up to Allen & does that so easily like it's just standard operating procedure. You never compromise a player's vision or hit him in a sensitive area on purpose. 

Denver is a good team yes, but a dirty team too. They just are. 

LOL! Yeah, I know the expression: "If you're not cheating; you're not trying hard enough" but man, orange crush is known for being shady more often then is customarily necessary. 

32 minutes ago, krunk said:

Demaryius Thomas hobbled at practice, as Broncos try to get him square to face Colts 

Demaryius Thomas hobbled his way through a Broncos practice Wednesday at Dove Valley with limited field time. And the Broncos are trying desperately to get him square to face the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday in Denver.

The Broncos’ No. 1 wide receiver continually rapped a fist at his injured left hip during practice and, at one point, he stopped to take a knee after running a hard route. Thomas was involved for only about 33 percent of the Broncos’ practice, coach Gary Kubiak said.

“I know he’s sore. He’s been sore,” Kubiak said. “But we’ve had a few days extra (after a season-opening Thursday game). Now it’s a matter of working through it.”

Thomas injured his hip in the first quarter against the Carolina Panthers last week. He did not practice Monday with the team. After the Broncos’ medical personnel gave him a clean diagnosis after he received an MRI test Friday, Thomas sought out a second opinion Monday, according to ESPN.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/09/14/demaryius-thomas-hip-injury/

If he does play which it sounds kind of 50/50 so far I don't think it will be long.  A couple hard hits and he might be out of there.

His back up Bennie Fowler seems to be injured too. 

Has a Brace on his elbow.

yes Fowler missed first game with injury

& DT also practiced petty much half speed I had read somwhere & constantly grimacing during his routes

TJ Ward & Derek Wolfe on the Broncos I have a tremendous amount of respect for. No, more like a healthy dose of fear for. No lacerated kidney or shoulder injury again please. Luck always takes a beating from Wade Phillips defense. 

Thanks for the article Barry. Always nice to get a quality thread from you man whenever you're not busy doing Dr. stuff that is. 

2 minutes ago, bayone said:

PS FOWLER had broke his  elbow early on preseason or TC so this is first limited practice since

He (Fowler) isn't that good to me when he's healthy so him being hurt is even better.  I don't see any big time playmakers out of that group other than Thomas and Sanders.  And I'm not that afraid of Sanders.  They'll hit up Virgil Green sometimes.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

He (Fowler) isn't that good to me when he's healthy so him being hurt is even better.  I don't see any big time playmakers out of that group other than Thomas and Sanders.  And I'm not that afraid of Sanders.  They'll hit up Virgil Green sometimes.

Virgil got 4 catches last week, last year made 12 I think, last year cared with Peyton, this year couldnt care the least about broncos, but have cousins in Denver & info comes up in conversations

1 minute ago, bayone said:

Virgil got 4 catches last week, last year made 12 I think, last year cared with Peyton, this year couldnt care the least about broncos, but have cousins in Denver & info comes up in conversations

I maintain if we can play at a minimum of 50-75 percent better than how we played against the Lions defensively we've got a good chance.  Would shoot higher but I don't know if this bunch is capable of that.  LoL!  Glad we should be getting Butler and Geathers back this week.  Maybe Pagano will throw Henry Anderson in the fire.

9 hours ago, snkdy said:

Even in that season-opener we lost in 2014, it came down to the wire. Just something about Denver. 

I was at that game.  It was one of Pagano's patented slow starts with an almost big comeback.  I think we had Peyton's number but not necessarily the Broncos' number.  I fear for Luck's life in this game and I hope he keeps his head on a swivel.  

He's trying to jinx us!!!!! lmao 

It's true, we have always had their number and that of KC too. And the Chargers have always given us fits. But, I don't always think of these things as set in stone either. Times change.......you just never know what can happen. 

I get worried since our defense is so banged up I am afraid we make this Trevor Something look terrific. Like a few have said, Carolina has a MUCH better defense then we do........

4 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

I was at that game.  It was one of Pagano's patented slow starts with an almost big comeback.  I think we had Peyton's number but not necessarily the Broncos' number.  I fear for Luck's life in this game and I hope he keeps his head on a swivel.  

That too, I think the Colts were extra fired up playing vs. Peyton as well.......

It just sucks they could never get fired up for Tom Brady. lmao 

9 hours ago, snkdy said:

Even in that season-opener we lost in 2014, it came down to the wire. Just something about Denver. 

That "something"was named Peyton and he typically played poorly in high pressure games.  He had a far superior team and still lost to us like he always seemed to lose the pressure games here in Indy... for a two time SB winner, he had a terrible playoff record and only won his SB's because of the defense and/or other roll players.  Even his greatest win, here against the Patriots, an INT late and a stop on a 4th down play made the difference.  Now he's gone I am more worried about the Trevor Simien led offense and our gutted defense.

Football is about matchups and we match up well with Denver. I also don't see us going 0-2. I think we pull this one out. The teams we will have a tough time beating are teams with QB's that can put 30+ points up on any given Sunday like Matt Stafford/ Rivers, Big Ben, Rodgers, etc.. I underestimated the Lions last week but I even said we would only win by 4 so I wasn't predicting no blow out or dissing the Lions. To the people that picked the Lions, nice job but I am sure if any of you were told we would score 35 and lose you guys would've said no way! Stafford is a shootout type of guy though. When we beat them in 2012 the score was 34-33.