Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who is responsible for Chris Berman calling MNF?

Superman

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Whoever does scheduling at ESPN that thinks fans love Berman.  

I remember one year they let Mike & Mike do the second Monday night game, I'd rather have them than him.

They are much better. Perfect complimentary personalities.

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

I can't stand Berman.

Him and Steve Young are a medium sized play away from crowning the 49ers the Superbowl champs.

We might as well not even play the rest of the season.

Hell, Steve Young actually said (pre-game) that Blaine Gabbert is the most athletic quarterback in the NFL. Now I will admit that Gabbert had some wheels, but really? Most NFL fans are still trying to wrap their heads around Gabbert still having a job in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Him and Steve Young are a medium sized play away from crowning the 49ers the Superbowl champs.

We might as well not even play the rest of the season.

Hell, Steve Young actually said (pre-game) that Blaine Gabbert is the most athletic quarterback in the NFL. Now I will admit that Gabbert had some wheels, but really? Most NFL fans are still trying to wrap their heads around Gabbert still having a job in the NFL.

Gabbert was garbage when he played in Jacksonville. Steve Young cracks me up!

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am rooting for the Rams to start playing well just so Berman and Young get perplexed but Keenum is awful!

Yeah. I think Fisher is going to have to go against his rule and play Goff earlier than he usually plays young quarterbacks.

They need to get him ready because it's their only chance to be competitive. 

The Rams are getting embarrassed by a not very good 49ers team.

5 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

At least it's more than what I have...

I'm worried. It's the 4th qtr lol. 

I played a late Monday Night, and Thursday Night combo game for five bucks.

I need for Gurley to rip off a long TD, the Rams defense to return a turnover for a score, and then onside kick leading to a long bomb to Britt. :)

Other than that, I am looking good. 

This is likely Berman's last year at ESPN.       I think his contract is up.

As for doing tonight's play-by-play,   the opening week of a new season the NFL schedules'a double-header, so they need two broadcast crews.     I have no idea if Berman has done these games in the past,  but he gets the spot tonight.     Consider it a going away gift.

I think this will be it for Berman.        If they find a way to keep him, it will be in an Emeritus role and you'll rarely see or hear from him again.

42 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Yeah. I think Fisher is going to have to go against his rule and play Goff earlier than he usually plays young quarterbacks.

They need to get him ready because it's their only chance to be competitive. 

The Rams are getting embarrassed by a not very good 49ers team.

Playing Goff early this year will not make them competitive this year.      It would likely do far more harm than good this year and into the future.       That's why he's 3rd string and not 2nd.      Goff is a long, long way from being ready to play.

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Playing Goff early this year will not make them competitive this year.      It would likely do far more harm than good this year and into the future.       That's why he's 3rd string and not 2nd.      Goff is a long, long way from being ready to play.

I can't imagine hes worse than Keenum.

3 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I can't imagine hes worse than Keenum.

He's not only worse than Keenum,   he's MUCH worse than Keenum.

If he was even remotely close to Keenum, he'd be 2nd string.     He's not.

That should tell you all you need to know.       Maybe he plays in December when the Rams get officially eliminated from the playoffs.......    maybe.

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I disagree.

It's not that Goff is not ready. Well he is just as ready as any other rookie quarterback, and will share their struggles. The reason Goff is not playing is because it's Jeff Fisher's way.

They will have an opportunity to become competitive much earlier if they play Goff.

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

That should tell you all you need to know.       Maybe he plays in December when the Rams get officially eliminated from the playoffs.......    maybe.

You're so wrong.

You do realize that Goff is moving to second string this week, right? They even said so on Monday Night Football, last night.

Football is not always black and white. Coaches have different philosophies. Goff not playing, is not about him. It's about Jeff Fisher.

You are going to have to add some creativity to your thinking man. Not everyone thinks the same way.

8 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I disagree.

It's not that Goff is not ready. Well he is just as ready as any other rookie quarterback, and will share their struggles. The reason Goff is not playing is because it's Jeff Fisher's way.

They will have an opportunity to become competitive much earlier if they play Goff.

I'd actually like to see what Sean Mannion has to offer.  Looks like he can play to me.

Chris Berman and estimating 75% of others they put on tv/radio have one thing in common...... We Don't Like Listening/watching them!

Take Skip & Shannon. How many actually like and enjoy them?

The people that run the networks are smart, but I don't know why hiring people that your audience does not like bring in ratings and $.

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

You're so wrong.

You do realize that Goff is moving to second string this week, right? They even said so on Monday Night Football, last night.

Football is not always black and white. Coaches have different philosophies. Goff not playing, is not about him. It's about Jeff Fisher.

You are going to have to add some creativity to your thinking man. Not everyone thinks the same way.

He's not a little bit away from being ready.

He's light years away from being ready.

This isn't a hard decision for the Rams.      At least,  not yet.     Goff may make it a harder decision at some point,  but we're not there yet.

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

How is it you know he isn't remotely close to keenum?