Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

18Manning

What a Sorry Football Weekend!

Recommended Posts

At least most of it was for me. Not only did the Colts lose, but they lost to a Georgia college QB. I have nothing against Georgia college QB's except that my father might like a team ONLY because the QB is associated with Georgia is some way. He will even root against my home team if the opposing team's QB is tied to Georgia. My dad is a big-time Georgia homer. EVERYTHING in or from Georgia is the best in the world! I'm sure he was snickering at the Colts loss. Also, NE won! Another big disappointment for me. Atleast a team I followed and rooted for last season, Denver, won and beat a team I can't stand. Not much of a statement here, just venting as I'll have to listen to my father's bologna. LOL, Atlanta lost by a larger margin than the Colts, so maybe he won't bother me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine was not good either. My college team got horse whipped Saturday, and then I got to see us lose in the fashion we did yesterday. Very forgettable sports weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the Colts losing on a last FG really ruined my night. A wasted 385 Yard passing game with 4 TD's is tough to take! After that great comeback just to let the Lions march down the field in 30 seconds to kick a FG was frustrating. Then the Pats won in Arizona without Brady and Gronk, that was the cherry on top for me. I pretty much went to bed on that one and shut everything down. So it wasn't good for me either overall. I was glad to see Carolina lose Thursday because I didn't see that coming + I am not a Cam fan and was glad to see the Jags lose as well because the media have kissed the rear end all summer so at least I had that! Jags are 0-1 like us so we didn't lose any ground to them. The Texans schedule will get tougher so we will see how they pan out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My father just called only 15 minutes ago to talk about this weekends games. He said "what about that Matt Stafford...". I should have let it go at that, but I offered up the excuse "but he was playing against a bunch of back-ups". Technically, that's no excuse, but it was the first thing that came to mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My dad is a Diehard Steelers fan...imagine that. Imagine the passion that an Argentine Soccer fan has for soccer but bring it over to America and give it to a Steelers Fan. Very annoying since the Steelers have been our daddies for as long as I can remember. 

 

Although I'm just as passionate for our beloved Colts...es un sentimiento no puedo parar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 12to13 said:

I was so mad yesterday, holy crap. But it's only one game

I know I went from a complete high to a complete low in 37 seconds (no pun intended). Even when we did score to go up 35-34 and once I calmed down from jubilation I realized there were 37 seconds left so I still was nervous and it was for good reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone else notice how many teams missed last second kicks this weekend or messed up the chance to get one, i am looking at you on this one Dallas?  But go figure the one team that came through this weekend on a last second kick was Detroit.  Moy Vay...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a banner weekend. Terps won Friday, Orioles took 2 of 3 in Detroit, then the Ravens won. It was all good until bum Wade Miley pitched Monday and got killed by the Red Sox ! Plenty of ups and downs in any season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

let's forget that the past weekend happened.

 

Colts plus fantasy football reasons as well. Tyrod Taylor, Todd Gurley, Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall and Gary Barnidge all on 1 team in a particular league, felt like throwing up, it was a toilet bowl worthy performance :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chad72 said:

 

Colts plus fantasy football reasons as well. Tyrod Taylor, Todd Gurley, Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall and Gary Barnidge all on 1 team in a particular league, felt like throwing up, it was a toilet bowl worthy performance :)

 

I hear ya. I lost both my ff games and Allen was on my money league team...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chad72 said:

 

Colts plus fantasy football reasons as well. Tyrod Taylor, Todd Gurley, Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall and Gary Barnidge all on 1 team in a particular league, felt like throwing up, it was a toilet bowl worthy performance :)

Ouch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a great football weekend because I love football and there were so many good finishes. Not to mention that all of my fantasy teams won this week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dominated my Fantasy Football this week. I have Andrew Luck and he was by far the best player! He gave me 47.50 points. Regarding the weekend being bad, if a person is just a casual Colts fan then the Colts losing probably didn't bother them. There are 3 types of fans - #1the casual fan = a person that likes the team, follows them but when they lose it doesn't bother them and they are usually negative about our chances of winning. #2The caring fan = they root hard for the team, they care when the team loses, and they stay pretty positive most of the time. #3The diehard fan = losses absolutely ruin your weekend, you breath and live Colts Football, and stay positive no matter how bad it gets at times, this fan is critical of the team when they are playing bad but in a positive way. I am #3 but there are several people in here that are #1 by reading a lot of their posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, 18Manning said:

At least most of it was for me. Not only did the Colts lose, but they lost to a Georgia college QB. I have nothing against Georgia college QB's except that my father might like a team ONLY because the QB is associated with Georgia is some way. He will even root against my home team if the opposing team's QB is tied to Georgia. My dad is a big-time Georgia homer. EVERYTHING in or from Georgia is the best in the world! I'm sure he was snickering at the Colts loss. Also, NE won! Another big disappointment for me. Atleast a team I followed and rooted for last season, Denver, won and beat a team I can't stand. Not much of a statement here, just venting as I'll have to listen to my father's bologna. LOL, Atlanta lost by a larger margin than the Colts, so maybe he won't bother me.

I agree, I was very upset with the Colts lose (defensive production). I live in Savannah Georgia and I could care less about Stafford or any other UGA player in the NFL! lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I dominated my Fantasy Football this week. I have Andrew Luck and he was by far the best player! He gave me 47.50 points. Regarding the weekend being bad, if a person is just a casual Colts fan then the Colts losing probably didn't bother them. There are 3 types of fans - #1the casual fan = a person that likes the team, follows them but when they lose it doesn't bother them and they are usually negative about our chances of winning. #2The caring fan = they root hard for the team, they care when the team loses, and they stay pretty positive most of the time. #3The diehard fan = losses absolutely ruin your weekend, you breath and live Colts Football, and stay positive no matter how bad it gets at times, this fan is critical of the team when they are playing bad but in a positive way. I am #3 but there are several people in here that are #1 by reading a lot of their posts.

I used to be #1, but as I've grown older, I've become #2. Having a 2 year old son and getting older in general kinda puts life into perspective. Yeah I was disappointed but it's just a game...for our entertainment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cmgww said:

I used to be #1, but as I've grown older, I've become #2. Having a 2 year old son and getting older in general kinda puts life into perspective. Yeah I was disappointed but it's just a game...for our entertainment. 

Most people are #2 on average, nothing wrong with being #1 actually where losses don't bother someone at all. In order for me to be 1 or 2 I would have to take up another hobby over watching Football. I am all in when I invest my time in rooting for a team. Just how I am built. Like getting in shape, I am either going to build myself up to run 7 miles a day over time once I get in shape or I am not going to exercise at all. It's a waste of time to follow a team if one could care less whether they win or lose, it's a waste of time to exercise unless it gets you in top condition. Running 1 or 2 miles a day doesn't do one no good unless they eat fat free stuff and just want to drink water haha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Football as a blood sport?
    • Truth can be disappointing, if you bother to look.   The problem with any organization or movement that grows from infancy, is that missteps occur along the way.  Most would acknowledge these missteps, admit when they were wrong, apologize, then seek to correct the processes so the same wrongness doesn't happen again.   Has BLM ever admitted they did anything wrong...ever? If we don't get the message, I guess that's our shortcoming and not theirs, after 4 years of delivering the message.     A group that is confident that their message is rooted in truth would be able to admit their missteps.  OTOH, it seems like BLM must think their cause is built on a house of cards that would totally collapse if anything wrong was admitted.     From the Wash Post: Of the 10,000,000 arrests that happened in 2019 in the USA, 1,100 involved police shootings.  9 of the victims were unarmed blacks.  While brutality is not the same as an actual shooting, it does seem like police brutality against blacks....white cops not black cops....would be situational anomalies rather than something indicative of a systemic problem that a dopey, untalented, and angry NFL QB would apply to the country as whole by disrespecting its flag and anthem.     
    • High power offenses can't score if they don't have the ball.  The key is our defense not giving up big plays too.  I am so tired of those dump off passes ending up 15-20 yards down the field.   
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...